• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'd definitely particpate in a January one.

I'm up for either option, but obviously, as you said, the benefit of merging it is that there are more entrants.

7 years

Smash Rookie
I'd definitely be down for a Mario Kart Wii tournament but it's a rented copy so unless this tournament doesn't start soon, I won't be able to join because I'd have to return it.

I do have MKDS, though. A tournament for MKDS would be pretty fun.

Thino

Smash Master
here you go guys
Tournament Start: Sat Jan 8th, Time: 9 PM GMT

Registration Limit: Sat Jan 8th , Time: 7 PM GMT

IF YOURE UNSURE ABOUT WHAT GMT TIME IS AT THE MOMENT USE : http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/current-time.htm

Limit: 384 if enough hosts , if not number of hosts x 12

Rules:

-any character , any vehicle
-Single Eliminination Tournament , top 6 advance to next round
-2 GPs per round , 3 GPs on Finals
-free track choice , repeats forbidden ( disqualification if track is played )
-glitching (GV rock , MG ,WGM) hacking = disqualification
-volunteers for hosting please add [host] at the end of your registration name
-hosts are responsible for pictures in the room theyre hosting
-hosts have to be in chat at ONE HOUR before the tournament starts

Reward for the WINNER (MKW.com members only) :

award
+
-FREE VIP subscription for non-VIPs
-FREE Namechange for VIPs

Chat:http://mkwtourney.chatango.com

thread on Mariokartwii.com : http://www.mariokartwii.com/f27/mariokartwii-com-2011s-first-large-free-all-72754.html#_

Registration form: http://tourney.comeze.com/?p=6571
the few of you guys that are interested just drop your FC in the registration , just be on chat like 2 hours before to make sure of things because 1st round is usually hectic

hope you'll have fun!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Thino, you need to edit the Registration Limit. But otherwise, thanks for organising this!

Hyped.

Thino

Smash Master
sorry for double post , just a reminder for people that joined from here that the tournament is tomorrow at 9 PM GMT

there's 108 entrants so far , so its gonna be fun , even though the first round will be confusing as hell

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
sorry for double post , just a reminder for people that joined from here that the tournament is tomorrow at 9 PM GMT

there's 108 entrants so far , so its gonna be fun , even though the first round will be confusing as hell
Oh crap. If I get tomorrow off I could've joined this. :(

Thino

Smash Master
still thinking about the few of you guys that can show up :

the registration ends in about 2 hours and the tournament starts in 4 hours

Thino

Smash Master
well that an exhausting tourney for me , first time I have to deal with 180 ppl in this game as TO , next Ill ask for help

Thino

Smash Master
How did it all go, Thino?
tiresome and confusing for me as TO

my 4 previous tourneys had about 70~80 entrants so I could handle it but suddenly jumping from that to 177 entrants was a bit too much , stressed me out , made me mess up , and made the tourney delay

sure people complained but most seemed to have had fun , and that was my main purpose , so I can say it went well overall

some people actually managed to record hours long footage , which is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdA3bw2E6I8&feature=feedu

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Y'know I expected the ALL Funky Kong and some Daisy thing, but what was with the random Bowser?

UberMario

Smash Master
Wait, 42 minutes? 0_o How did he get around the 15 minute cap? Did they extend it recently?

Also: New Mario Kart 3DS trailer footage from a convention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KRkGoeClo

I only have two things to say: Mario Kart Wii's miniturbo mode, the one where you don't swivel, is returning (Noooo ;_; ), and, both of the tracks shown in the trailer (a mountain course and one that goes THROUGH Princess Peach's castle) look more technical than any of MKWii's new courses.

Thino

Smash Master
Wait, 42 minutes? 0_o How did he get around the 15 minute cap? Did they extend it recently?

Also: New Mario Kart 3DS trailer footage from a convention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KRkGoeClo

I only have two things to say: Mario Kart Wii's miniturbo mode, the one where you don't swivel, is returning (Noooo ;_; ), and, both of the tracks shown in the trailer (a mountain course and one that goes THROUGH Princess Peach's castle) look more technical than any of MKWii's new courses.
I dont mind keeping the same drifting system as long as bikes are nerfed or out of the game and yea youtube got uncapped a few weeks ago

tko112

Smash Lord
its been a long time since i last MKW, the only thing im sad about is that no one uses Lightweights in these kinds of tourneys, especially my favorite combo of Toadette/Magikruiser

Thino

Smash Master
I use Baby Peach Bullet Bike myself but I hardly pass 2nd round when I do participate to thse kind of tourney

I think my best was quarterfinals

BSP

Smash Legend
You get bumped waaaaayyy too much in MKW to use lightweights IMO.

IIRC, those speed boosts aren't THAT huge...skill still determines who's going to win. But, there really isn't a reason not to go Funky in MKW lol. I personally prefer Mii on Mach Bike, because the flame runner's worse turning has been getting to me.

Thino

Smash Master
its just as you say , the main reason why Lightweights arent used isnt their speed difference , they can keep up real good with Flame Runners

but getting ejected from the track , or pushed violently into the wall from the other side of the track , or simply getting a huge loss of speed from being bumped between heavies is just not that fun sometimes

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
But, there really isn't a reason not to go Funky in MKW lol.
There actually sort of is.

Funky might be fast as ****, but when the ONLY thing he has that is amazing is speed, where say, Baby Daisy on the Bullet Bike has literally everything but weight.... Funky doesn't look so special anymore.

Funky has too much speed and not enough everything else, in all honesty. When you're a baby and can still Accelerate past the fastest heavyweights you know you're good, and Baby Daisy can do just that.

I personally prefer Baby Peach on Bullet Bike, but there's no denying that Baby Daisy on Bullet Bike is the best combination in the game for racing.

BSP

Smash Legend
I still have my weight johns. I just can't deal with flying everything else.

Lower weights do have turning over Funky too I guess. But I thought Accel was nullified with standing MTs.

Sariku

Smash Master
OMG, I didn't know people were still ACTIVE with this game! Me and Hippo still play it for hours every day. We should set something up with you guys soon.

I play Peach on a Mach bike. If I feel like changing it up, I'm Rosalina on a Flame Runner. If I just keep getting ***** and lose a ton of VR, I go to Funky/Runner for a few matches and then I'm good again, :p

Thino

Smash Master
weight johns are mad legit

you can play and destroy with Baby Daisy Bullet Bike in a room of people that are in general less skilled because you can drive properly

but there's only 2 ways to do it in a room full of heavyweights flame runner:

1) break away from the pack (2nd place and 3rd place etc... hitting each other , blue shell , shortcut , mushrooms )

2) dodge lightning

other than that , good luck being a Bullet Bike and getting in first in a pack of Flame Runners

Lukries

Smash Rookie
I've never really seen that much of an issue with the 2nd or 3rd lap. It's just getting kicked by a heavyweight out of the start. Unless you pull the boost and swerv through the pack of heavies in front of you. After the first item pickup, that's usually where the round's order will be decided for the lightweights.

Sariku

Smash Master
Weight johns are legit, I agree. when I get stuck in rooms with flame runners or just fat *****, I just swap to Rosalina and join back in (I never play without my friend in a game).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ehh... I don't use lightweights in MKW.
Online, I use Mario in the Mach Bike.
Time Trials, Funky on Flame Runner.

Thino

Smash Master
hell yea !

GLIDING GLITCHES coming !

I call it NAO

on a srs note : they better balance it GOOD cuz the whole gliding/offroad/underwater thing is a thing they thought of in MKW then it ended up with inside drifting bike being OP

AND SSMT made it worse by making it Funky Bike Wii

so plzzzz Nintendo make it so that SOME tracks give advantage to gliding , SOME tracks give advantage to underwater pads , SOME tracks give advantage to offroad big tires

not TWENTY EIGHT tracks Flame Runner or Spear , FOUR tracks mach bike and ONE where the magikruisier has advantage and **** on all other vehicles in the game LOL

-Final-

Aria♪
ONE where the magikruisier has advantage and **** on all other vehicles in the game LOL
N64 Sherbet Land FTW :awesome:

/offtopic

anyways, this game looks pretty cool. The courses look pretty cool. I don't know how the hang gliding/ underwater parts will work, but we'll see. I'm honestly not sure if I want bikes back or not...

Top Bottom