• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Wait, why did that add the giant bee queen again? Besides appealing to the female demography, completely pointless.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Wait, why did that add the giant bee queen again? Besides appealing to the female demography, completely pointless.
She's not that appealing to me :awesome:.

But yeah, I'm a little sad there's no babies, and no Waluigi is just...strange. We get Wiggler and...Queen Bee but no Waluigi? Something feels wrong.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I was appauld to hear that Waluigi was not in this game as he is my favorite character in the Mario series. Heres to hoping for DLC, picking this game up tommorow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love how the graphics look.

Yes, even I am unhappy with the character choices, but it's still a good game anyway.

Music Park sucks

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rockin Bowser first place every race
A user at the Super Mario Boards made a claim that CPU Bowser always took the 1st place position. However, that's not exactly true, since I've seen a video where CPU Peach took the 1st place position on one race.

Anyway, the game may be out, but like I said before, it probably won't be until some time in February that I'll get a 3DS.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I personally thought that Music Park was the first good new track in the game. The entire Mushroom Cup is rather meh, in my opinion.

The Star Cup is the best cup, hands down.
I said that because I was playing music park at the time and I died...

I still got first place

A user at the Super Mario Boards made a claim that CPU Bowser always took the 1st place position. However, that's not exactly true, since I've seen a video where CPU Peach took the 1st place position on one race.

Anyway, the game may be out, but like I said before, it probably won't be until some time in February that I'll get a 3DS.
No, I am ALWAY a Bowser main. Except when they have Dry Bowser.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What karts are people currently using? I haven't unlocked much so i'm using

Zucchini with red monster wheels and swooper glider. On Bowser. Lowers weight a tiny bit but increases speed and acceleration

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't unlock wario. I have the worst luck ever during those courses.

I beat friggin' special cup with no problem, but I can't win flower cup

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can't unlock wario. I have the worst luck ever during those courses.

I beat friggin' special cup with no problem, but I can't win flower cup
That's pretty ironic, considering that the Flower Cup tracks should be easier than the Special Cup tracks. You can always try different combos, but since you main Bowser, your options might be limited.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's pretty ironic, considering that the Flower Cup tracks should be easier than the Special Cup tracks. You can always try different combos, but since you main Bowser, your options might be limited.
I decided to use different characters out, and eventually got him. Unlocked him and mirror cup.

I still barely won though, got 6th place in the last course, luckily the guy with the closest points got 5th so I ended up ahead by like 3 points.

Don't know what it is specifically about the flower cup

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
The stages are sooooooo good though.
I'm hearing so many good things about the stages.

Is it just me, or does the propeller (underwater) seem really unnecessary? Perhaps I just need to pick up the game before I complain, but it doesn't really look like it enhances your underwater experience any. Do the controls change a little, or the gameplay? I know the glider sure does.

UberMario

Smash Master
I love Rainbow Road's music. <3

I don't even have the game, but I've been listening to it non-stop.
Same here. Rainbow Road and Neo Bowser City have such awesome music.

I'm hearing so many good things about the stages.

Is it just me, or does the propeller (underwater) seem really unnecessary? Perhaps I just need to pick up the game before I complain, but it doesn't really look like it enhances your underwater experience any. Do the controls change a little, or the gameplay? I know the glider sure does.
A lot of people feel that the propeller was just another gimmick so that the gliders didn't look like such random additions. Basically, the underwater sections make the karts harder to turn, lower their fall rate significantly, and I think that it makes the karts rely more on the offroad stat. You can also steer a little bit while falling underwater.

They probably wanted an excuse for why the karts couldn't race underwater in previous games, and propellers were the easiest way to handwave the issue.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I decided to use different characters out, and eventually got him. Unlocked him and mirror cup.

I still barely won though, got 6th place in the last course, luckily the guy with the closest points got 5th so I ended up ahead by like 3 points.

Don't know what it is specifically about the flower cup
If you don't get a star rank on the Flower Cup 150cc, you'll probably be even more upset.

Getting a star rank on every GP cup for each engine class will award you the Gold tires. The Gold tires have the same stat boosts as the Slick tires, except for that it sacrifices some acceleration to boost weight.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I was lurking GameFAQs' boards last night for MK7, and I've been reading that the AI is tough.

Can anyone back this up?

ParaChomp

Smash Cadet
Anyone try a medium-lightweight in the Soda Jet kart with Monster tires and the Swooper Glider? That acceleration and speed...so fast!

If anyone needs tips on customization, the Mario Wiki is quite helpful.
Character Bonuses
Part Stats

Anyone else back-up when a Blue Spiny Shell's coming and the competition isn't too far behind?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've seen some odder combos myself...

Bumble V + Slick tires + Any Glider (except Super Glider and Gold Glider)
Soda Jet + Slick tires + Any Glider (except Super Glider and Gold Glider)

Above average speed and acceleration for the lights and mid-lights, but those combos are nowhere near perfect, due to their lackluster handling and off-road stats. And the weight would be pretty low too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was lurking GameFAQs' boards last night for MK7, and I've been reading that the AI is tough.

Can anyone back this up?
The CPUs are very good at leading shells and fireballs. And if they are in front of you, they will throw items backwards just to get you. I had a CPU throw a red shell backwards just to get me despite being in second place. They also have awfully good timing with Lightning Bolts and Blue Shells.

And they also cheat. They can generate coins for themselves. On Rosalina's Ice World, it's possible to hit the CPU with an item before there are coins to collect, yet coins will spill out of them.

There's a good chance you will have to try at least twice to three star a cup, unless you're extremely lucky.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If by tough you mean always has a blue turtle shell on the final lap right when you are next to the finish line. Than yes

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else get hand cramps after playing this game for a while? Maybe it might just be me, since I used to snake in DS so I hold the 3DS in a kinda unnatural way. Regardless, dang the 3DS gets uncomfortable after a while.

Also, 150cc sucks. I always get hit by some item 4/5 of the way through the final lap, drop down to 4/5th place, and get nothing but green shells and triple bananas for the rest of the race. This has happened seven times now.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else get hand cramps after playing this game for a while? Maybe it might just be me, since I used to snake in DS so I hold the 3DS in a kinda unnatural way. Regardless, dang the 3DS gets uncomfortable after a while.

Also, 150cc sucks. I always get hit by some item 4/5 of the way through the final lap, drop down to 4/5th place, and get nothing but green shells and triple bananas for the rest of the race. This has happened seven times now.

My right thumb was bruised, as well as the palm, but no cramp

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty useless this time around, I've tried it. Most straightaways are either too narrow or not long enough to perform correctly or the road is too slippery to allow it. Ex. Kalimari Desert.

I'm not very lucky when it comes to the lucky 7 item. I never get it and when I finally do, something bad happens before I get to use all the items. Ex. CPU running into me purposely to obtain the star item around my kart then proceeding to ram into me with it knocking me off the track.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
To be honest, I snaked in Mario Kart DS.

It seems pretty pointless now since they change the drifting system a bit in every Mario Kart.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, that's better than the links in my above post and doing math. Mind if I share it with people on another board?
Be my guest. I made it just for that very purpose, but I may have to make adjustments to the PHP script as more unlockables become available.

That's why whenever you're in 1st place, you need to keep a shell or a banana in your arsenal to protect yourself from Red Shell attacks. Triple Green Shells offer even better protection, but no item will save you from a Spiny Shell if you don't have a Star.

ParaChomp

Smash Cadet
Be my guest. I made it just for that very purpose, but I may have to make adjustments to the PHP script as more unlockables become available.

That's why whenever you're in 1st place, you need to keep a shell or a banana in your arsenal to protect yourself from Red Shell attacks. Triple Green Shells offer even better protection, but no item will save you from a Spiny Shell if you don't have a Star.
Thank you so much. Yeah, have an item behind you at all times when in first, whether it be Red Shells or your opponent rafting, it's always handy.

Got the Gold Tires, nothing special.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can still avoid blue shell with Mushroom, the timing is more strict this time around. I managed to do it against some CPUs in 150cc. Getting the Mushroom while in first is the hardest (and lucky) part...

Top Bottom