• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Questions and Answers; Ask here first!

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Pivot walking lol, basically its more of a mindgame then anything else, right? How many other players use it when playing Marth? Boss? Matador? Flameleon? If so, vids porfavor. :)

Uhh, which jab do you recommend doing the cancel on? First jab, or 2nd jab?

Also, how useful do you find platform cancelling with Mario?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jab2 gives you more frame advantage than Jab1 (still requires a sweetspot at the fist).

SKidd

Smash Master
Mario vs Snake...
Take advantage of his heaviness and try to juggle with bair and uair.
Cape is useless against his recovery, it leaves him really open for spikes though. Snake will **** Mario on stage, so try to get him in the air, but watch out for his fast attacks, like bair and utilt.
And most importantly, camp him. CAMP HIM. If he grenades you throw them back or cape them. Just fireball away... for his b left/right, shield it. Pay attention to where his C4 and mines are, try to cape stall to make him set off C4...
Watch out for all the awesome Snake tricks too, like the ones Fatal and Ally do.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Cape isn't useless against Snake's recovery. It can gimp him if you cape him after he lets go of the cypher. If he's caped during it, he just gets it back.

SKidd

Smash Master
Guys, at my Melee tourney, I'm having a MM in Brawl. I'm pretty sure he mains Olimar, any tips on the matchup??? I'm pretty good at learning my opponent so I'm not too worried about the psychological game...

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Don't approach him on the ground, especially if he has purple Pikmin. Nair is a good way to kill Pikmin that are thrown on you. You want to approach aerially to avoid his Pikmin and diagonally to avoid his utilt, uair, and usmash. Get inside and dthrow him, then combo him. FLUDD is great in this matchup, too.

Watch these videos of Xero vs Hilt, they'll give you an idea of how to play the matchup.

-Hilt(Olimar)
-Hilt(Olimar)
-Hilt(Olimar)

Matt07

Smash Master
Avoid FD, and Battlefield. You want to avoid Battlefield more then FD because you have less room to play defensively, where FD can give you that extra little space.

I'd say pick stages that can hurt Olimar's recovery more, so you can take advantage of his already average recovery.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Just take Luigi for Olimar, Jab > Shoryuken is inescapable as Olimar
Hell, every Mario main I know has a good Luigi as well.

SKidd

Smash Master
How do I jab cancel good
and can mraio do one or two jabs till he has to grab in order for jab cancel to grab to work

I'm srs btw

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
How do I jab cancel good
Stop pushing A.

Seriously though.

and can mraio do one or two jabs till he has to grab in order for jab cancel to grab to work
Either one works. You can jab once or jab twice. Jabbing once is much easier to pull off since Jab 1 ends faster than Jab 2, but Jab 2 can actually lead into combos if you sweetspot it. Jab-Jab-D-Smash is actually a combo if done correctly.

SKidd

Smash Master
since when do we have a social

use our general discussion

Hero, stop making me look like a n00b
even though I am

BSP

Smash Legend
Hero, the sweetspot for Mario's jab is his fist right? I can never seem to land it when I'm fighting.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It's only if they airdodge after getting hit by Dtilt. It works sometimes if you predict the airdodge, you can charge the Fsmash a bit too. But honestly... don't do it. >_>

Veggi

Smash Champion
It's generally accepted that bair is his best aerial. It comes out fast, it's good for spacing, it's hard to punish, and the knockback goes at a good angle to set up gimps/edgeguard.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Contrary to popular opinion, I believe that Forward Air is his best aerial. If you hit your opponent with it, they will probably quit smash.

Top Bottom