• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Haha, I'm not really that good... after playing noobs for a while I feel like I'm pro though.

Also, my connection doesn't ****ing work now. It worked last night for 15 mins. Then I shut off my Wii, turned it back on and the connection didn't work at all. This has been happening to me for like a week now... with it not working. That 15 mins online was kinda fun except the people d/c part.

Edit: Mr X, what's your fc, mine's in my location... I'm too lazy to find yours somewhere on these multiple pages.

Relean

Smash Cadet
Did anyone of you guys added me?

I might be able to be online tomorrow, so we could play then.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll just play you sometime later, I guess. Probably like next week because I'm really busy with like 3 projects and other stuff this week.

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Well, have you at least added me to your friend's list yet? Mine says connecting....

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Good games Mr. X. I just dunno how to beat you.

I tryed DB deke, boo chip, belgian waffle, even good 'ol pass and shoot.

Gah, oh well.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
That's chipping the ball into the corner so that it hits both walls and is pretty much over the goalies head, then you pass the ball to someone across the field, and then while the goalie is busy pummeling the $hit out of the guy that jumped above his head to pass the ball, you shoot it in for an easy goal.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, I registered you Mr. X. It says connecting for me too. I think we have to be on at the same time.

Mr. GAW, every time I see you on you're always busy, then you d/c. :( Off to a friend's house. I'll play sometime next week.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
What can I do against my brother? He chooses all Drybones for his sidekicks, and his captain is Waluigi. He hits me like crazy with his Drybones, and I can't keep possession of the ball. Daisy is my captain, and my wings are Toad and Hammer Bro. and my guy back is Drybones. Should I change my sidekicks or is there something I can do against it?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Switch Toad for Boo and get a offensive or all-around player- not a defensive one.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
The only way he scores is with Drybone's skill shot. I'll hit him sometimes before he shoots, but most of the time all of my players are on the ground. I don't think I should switch my Drybones for an offensive player because Drybones is good back on defense, and I can get an itemrun to a teleport goal with him. I like Toad because I can hop over Kritter for and easy goal.
I just tried boo out, but I couldn't get his lob glitch to work, my brother just kept doing big hits with his dryboneses. Any way to create open space?

Volrec

Smash Lord
Ok, i'll try to help.

Waluigi x3 Dry Bones is a **** team. Skillshots? After playing with Aaryk a long time ago, we found the best way to stop a skillshot is to stand in front of the rebound, hold Z, and mash A, you will pass without reprocussions of giving your brother an item. It works amazingly.

My team is amazing. Be lucky i'm giving this out
Bowser

-----Dry Bones
Hammer Bro
-----Koopa

i have decent speed, and a hammer bro with amazing passing to get it to offense quickly. Koopa is amazing. Best all around I'd say(I switched to Shy guy partially because i couldn't resist the piano in his theme song) and Dry Bones. Dry bones is just like Fox. he has like 4 ways to score lol

good luck, and hammer bro deke spam is good against nubs, and if your brother keeps tackling, deke his ***

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
So, when are we hosting a SWF MSC tournament? ^_^

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
@ Ihatemybrother: Yeh just use the Z+A thing after he skillshoots and you'll safely get the ball. If he really only scored by using them skillshots then you'll be fine. Just change your team a bit. Put a koopa somewhere, as they rock. Good luck kickin your bro's ***.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL @ Buzz's new avi.

XD

And I'm looking forward to a tourney.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The mods chose my avatar. I woke up one morning, and there it was. They either love me or absolutely hate me. I'm still deciphering which. O_O

Who all is interested in a SWF tournament? So far, we have YeahDude and me. :p

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
K, I played my brother with a new team. I have Bowser captain, wings Boo and Drybones and defense Hammer Bro. He switched his captain to Yoshi with wings Birdo and Shyguy and defense Drybones. He is still just swing his wii mote and tapping A to hit me with big hits. I saw him swing it up and down for about forty seconds when I had possession of the ball. Even when I don't, he still hits me. He hits my offense when they don't even have the ball. When I got a star, he spent the rest of the match hitting my captain so I wouldn't get a mega strike. I couldn't do anything about it because he hit me the instant I got up. What can I do against him hitting me like crazy? Should I switch my team so he doesn't hit me?

Ps. By hit, I mean big hit, not slide tackle.
I do get items but they just don't help. Any easy, cheap goals using items?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Don't put HB in the back. If you want a power char. in the back then get Birdo/Monty Mole. If you want someone fast then I'd recommend boo.

Cheap goals using items? None, except for the obvious ones with the Captain's items.

You can only help yourself with the hittin problem.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
heh volrec your team is pretty much the same as mine except 1.your probably better than me 2 im using DK instead of bowser.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
friend code

Yeah I would like to play some of you guy's in strikers charged. My friend code is 219157383550.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I just played the ranked 27th dude, he had like dk boo boo boo. That is the most ridiculously awesome team ever.

Anyone have any clue what the number one guy uses.

The 5th ranked dude wasn't as good as the 27th.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I just played the ranked 27th dude, he had like dk boo boo boo. That is the most ridiculously awesome team ever.

Anyone have any clue what the number one guy uses.

The 5th ranked dude wasn't as good as the 27th.
I played #1 recently. I believe he used Petey Piranha, two Boos, and one Dry Bones. He ***** me with the stupid Z-lob shot.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
What can I do against my brother? He chooses all Drybones for his sidekicks, and his captain is Waluigi. He hits me like crazy with his Drybones, and I can't keep possession of the ball. Daisy is my captain, and my wings are Toad and Hammer Bro. and my guy back is Drybones. Should I change my sidekicks or is there something I can do against it?
You've got a skilled nickname too.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Is this team good? (Sorry Voltrec, I just couldn't score with the team you gave me.)

Daisy

-----Boo
Boo
-----Monty

I like Boo because I have his teleport goal down like 90%. I threw Monty in there because thought I needed a shooter. I like Daisy because I have her uncharged teleport down pact. I also like having multiple people that can do the Belgium Waffle (Daisy and my boos) Oh, and I like Daisy's special item because its the only one I can score with.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Nope. You need at least two shooters. People will be able to anticipate your teleports and belgian waffles.

I say switch the mony for Hammer and the Daisy for Mario, Luigi, or Yoshi. DK or Petey would be okay as captain as well.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Is this team good? (Sorry Voltrec, I just couldn't score with the team you gave me.)

Daisy

-----Boo Koopa
Boo
-----Monty

I like Boo because I have his teleport goal down like 90%. I threw Monty in there because thought I needed a shooter. I like Daisy because I have her uncharged teleport down pact. I also like having multiple people that can do the Belgium Waffle (Daisy and my boos) Oh, and I like Daisy's special item because its the only one I can score with.
That is all.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Well, Voltrec, I'm not exactly good at this game. The only way I can score is with cheap, broken tactics like boo tele-goal. I'll give Koopa another try, and if I get good with him, I'll try your team again. It's just that when I finally DO get the ball, I want to be sure I make the post of it. Whenever I get it, my god**** brother hits the **** out of me. It really pisses me off. Hopefully Koopa will be able to keep the ball. I'm really mad today, I didn't go to school (sick) and I played 8 hours of Strikers. I lost the crystal cup twice and switched teams twice. Ugh, waste of time. Well, off to bed!

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Hmm... How do your teams look like? Mine is this:

DK

-----Hammer Bro
DB
-----Birdo

I simply love this team. Don't say it's cheap or anything, I've heard it all before. When I chose this team, I never went for cheapness, but how good the team fitted with my playing-style. I've made some changes from my very original team, and this is the ultimate combination for me. It suits me the best. Now that I have that explained, I will describe my tactic.

I have very high presure on the goal. Many fully-charged shots. And with so powerful shooters, I rarely leave the game with a zero. My DB will mostly keep the opponent from having too much possesion of the ball on my half of the field. I mostly charge the ball on my side of the field, then pass it on. I repeat until the ball is fully charged. Then I have three options: pass the ball on to a player on the offensive side on the field, and then shoot. Or simply move my player over the halfline and then shoot from distance. Or move my player a bit forward, which hopefully lures my opponents defensive player to tackle my player with possesion. But then I lob-pass the ball to the offensive player that now is unmarked who can then shoot.

I rarely use any glitchy tactics to score. I can win without them. It makes the game funnier. Now, describe yours, if you feel for it! :)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wow. I was playing handball in P.E. today, and I pulled a Belgium Waffle. Sorta. I was in the corner by the goal, and I threw it as hard as I could 3 feet above the goal and angled to the other side of the goalie box where my teamate was. We pretty much made the goalie look like a fool. (Or maybe us).

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
OMG! I beat my brother today in three straight series. I LOVE Koopa. My new team is DK
------Monty
Boo
------Koopa

I love Boo in the back because of his charge-deke-pass to DK or Monty. Got me like four goals. Koopa, surprisingly, scores alot. His skill shot is sweet too. Are there any cheap little tactics with him like with Boo? (I'm cheap, its the only way I can beat my brother) I heard something about a goal using a half-charged chip. Does anyone know what it is?

Top Bottom