• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Down Tilt

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
luigi dash attack sucks pretty bad. sheiks chain mabey?

It apologizes.

Top 5 worst moves in Melee (moves that are unlikely to do you any good in tourney setting)?

1. Mario Down Tilt
2. Falcon F-throw
3. Ganon Nair/Uptilt
4. Roy Jab
5. Ness PK Flash

idk. Discuss!
im pretty sure pichus dash attack is worse than all of those.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
anything kirby besides his utilt and maybe 2 other moves.. maybe not though.

I also agree with peach side b. ffs. so bad lol. and also agree with oil panic, luigi dash, everything that has been generally accepted here to suck ****.

Lol@ ganon nair.
I told saux to stop nairing. He insists its hella good.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Roy's jab? u srs?
u
srs?

Also, Ganon's nair... Everything makes sense now.

Voting for Mewtwo's jab to take the place of Roy's.

pooopy

Smash Rookie
falcon's f-throw, while often done on accident is tech chaseable unlike b-throw, imo b-throw is worse since it throws them not so far and at an upward projectory

although you can do the n00b pwner next to the edge which is b-throw turn around up-tilt

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah ganon's nair is pretty bad. I know some ganons love it and talk about the possibility of landing both hits off bad di, but really you could just uair which is almost always safer, and if they're going to di incorrectly you can usually get another uair in (sometimes even a fair) in a lot of characters. More damage and you're usually in a better position to follow up/keep the pressure on them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ganondorf's n-air isn't that useless, since the first hit has some manageable knockback, and is less laggy than the f-air.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I wouldn't go with useless, but the kb and "priority" aren't anything to write home about. If it wasn't for uair there would be a lot more situations where it could be useful though.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
luigi's dash attack has gotta be the worst, unless you somehow knock them off the level with it its a free hit for the other guy if you hit with it, even if they dont cc

i routinely use falcons fthrow by the edge when i expect people will DI away and i wont be able to follow anything anyway

roy's jab is pretty decent as part of his making a wall game

ganon's nair combos marth after dthrow, not great but way better than luigis dash attack or kirby's nair or stuff like that

jiggs ftilt?

Stratford

Smash Champion
As for Falco's fair, PP makes use of it.

I agree with Ness dsmash.

And Kirby's nair... anyone got a use for that?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
its still a taunt though, meaning it shouldn't be counted.
Says who? Is having a hitbox not enough? I have a feeling that if there was ONE top level luigi (one that posted vids and got popular) that used the taunt as an edgeguard to set up for gimps, most people wouldn't think twice about calling it a "move". It just never gets used (not to imply that it has a ton of potential that has been overlooked, but that it's not useless).

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
its pretty much down to opinion, no right answer

you say bad move, i say the best taunt

it has traits of both

no need for a drawn out debate

Doc King

Smash Lord
Counting Taunts:
1. Mario's taunt
2. Young Link's taunt
3. Mewtwo's taunt
4. Falco's taunt
5. Fox's taunt

Not counting taunts:
1. Pichu's fair
2. Kirby's f throw
3. Kirby's b throw
4. Zelda's side B
5. Ganon's punch

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Falcon's f throw can actually be pretty useful for throwing the opponent off the edge and attempting to edgeguard afterwards.
Yeah I agree, they usually DI away because they think they are gonna get dropzoned, but Fthrow might push them just a little too far.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
dunno, it hurts to get taunted by pichu, it really hurts to get taunted by pichu a 2nd time...a different way...

it's the unmeasurable mental anguish that only pichu can unleash.

he's the only character who can pull of the ulimate team combo.."you grab, i taunt...twice"

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Disagree on Falcon's fthrow, I've gotten kills with that before in Falcon dittos (and I've also been on the receiving end) where the opponent expects uthrow, DIs hard away, and simply goes too far off stage to make it back.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I think its pretty safe to say Sheiks Down B is still the worst move in the game. It's probably the combination of turning you into a bad character AND leaving you completely open.

Edit:

Counting Taunts:
1. Mario's taunt
2. Young Link's taunt
3. Mewtwo's taunt
4. Falco's taunt
5. Fox's taunt

Not counting taunts:
1. Pichu's fair
2. Kirby's f throw
3. Kirby's b throw
4. Zelda's side B
5. Ganon's punch
Kirby's Bthrow is amazing. Pichu's Forward B is probably worse than his Fair.

Top Bottom