• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Match-Up Chart thread

Niko45

Smash Master
@ Niko45:

u mad.

First of all I didn't use M2K vs Amsah friendlies as an example 'cause Amsah is known for not taking friendlies so seriously. Not saying he sandbags, just he plays more to have fun. You can say when he plays really concentrate by the fact that he doesn't talk. In friendly he uses to say lot of things while playing.

Second: M2K is a very good overall player, but he himself said multiple times that he is not so good in Marth-Sheik MU.

Third: Dahean is better than M2K vs Sheiks, and this is proved by his matches against OverTriforce, the same who 3stocked M2K.

And guess why? OverTriforce is probably the best at this MU. I don't think any Marth out of Dahean can do **** against him. Just too good against Marths.
I like how you assume I'm responding to you in some way. If you didn't say anything about Amsah then why would you assume that was a response to you!? Once you said the dthrow difference in NTSC is negligible I moved on from you. We're obviously going to just disagree if you think that. As for the rest of the post: johns. It's m2k on FD getting *****. Over is fantastic at the matchup though, no doubt.

I love how people who think marth vs sheik is in sheik's favor by a lot always link me to overtriforce vs m2k. It's so funny that they think if they've found one match in the history of m2k vs sheik where he plays badly, its all of a sudden proof.
Again, don't know why you think this has anything to do with you. You already admitted you don't main either character, so you are totally talking out of your *** and it shows in every post. Please take your random walls of theory text back to Melee General Discussion. Yea man! None of the top 10 Marths are actually high level players! But somehow Vanz is a top 5 sheik when he doesn't even main sheik. Good ****!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
OverTriforce, Adam and Ice are probably all better than the the number 3-5 on your list.
smh Tope's amazing. List needs more KirbyKaze too btw.

I feel like Smashboards has gotten a lot more aggressive ever since the new Tier List/match-up threads. Theres really no need to flame each other, particularly about player skill; calling each other scrubs after someone posts their opinion isn't cool.

Where's the love ya'll.

otg

Smash Master
In all fairness I didn't call Sveet a scrub, he is the one who had to insult me. I'm just merely stating the facts and I'm confident in my analysis and experiences in the matchups, where as I think he has no ****ing idea what he is talking about and has yet to back it up with anything besides "I main marth and you just troll" which is entirely true but completely evades the point of the conversation.

OverLord

Smash Ace
@ Niko:

You don't have to main a char to talk about it. DruggedFox is welcomed until he brings good arguments to what he says, and that's what he always does. It seems to me that you are "talking out of your ***", and trashtalking with sarcasm and without any sort of argument.

And I don't need to john for M2K, it's just the plain truth. I was SURE back in the days that he should've gone Fox from the beginning against OverTriforce.
It has nothing to do with the Marth-Sheik MU, is just OverTriforce that is mad good against Marth, regardless of the char. Same as Armada beating Marths. Peach loses to Marth, even if Armada beats all of 'em. It's Armada that is good, not Peach.

@ MDU: personally I think a Marth should play like these against Puff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWQqhRo5O7M

being too defensive will bring Puff to take advantage off his bairs. You need to be careful and pressing at the same time. Puff must feel caught and uncomfortable.

PS:

Crimson is right. Love&Peace.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I love how people who think marth vs sheik is in sheik's favor by a lot always link me to overtriforce vs m2k. It's so funny that they think if they've found one match in the history of m2k vs sheik where he plays badly, its all of a sudden proof.

News Flash: There are more vids of m2k doing perfectly fine against sheik than there are of sheik ****** him.

@Spamarrows:

I don't care how many mediocre marth players there are, I care about how many high level marths there are. Naming 20 marth players doesn't mean much to me. The only sheiks I would have named, had I been asked are:

1. M2k (sheik main, and plays predominantely sheik in tournament)
2. Amsah
3. Tope
4. Vanz
5. Lucien? Despite beating Zhu, lucky, AND SS, I consider debatable because I have yet to see consistent performance.

Anyone else? Unless I'm missing someone major... I wouldn't even include anyone else.

Doesn't really matter though, I just don't think many marth players play marth correctly nowadays, so I hate on them =]
LOL@ Mediocre Marths. If you don't know them that doesn't mean they aren't good. Funny thing is I said without mentioning Amsah or M2K. You named both of them. :chuckle:

Vanz has so many characters he uses that it's hard to say who he mains nowadays. From Fox to Sheik to Puff and Peach....even IC's idk wtf he's gonna come up with next.

anyways there are alot of good Marths. By good I mean capable of beating you in tournament. You speak of playing matches correctly but everyone who says that comes at it 1 sided.

If you know what to do versus sheik that doesn't mean your going to win. If the Sheik knows how to play the Match-up correctly then what? If both sides have the Match-up down then it ends up being in sheiks favor because they'll play the match like KirbyKaze. Needles, Run, Needles, Plank, More needles, grab>kill you. Repeat.

If a Sheik plays the Match correctly your at a disadvantage. Is it 60-40 probably not. However the standard for "high level Marths" Is much higher then that of any other current top tier...except Sheik. All advantages they each have seemingly cancel eachother out. Then it just comes down to survive ability. If sheik plays safe(gay) She's going to out last you every time. Best of 5 you'll probably get 3-1'd or 3-2'd but it's GG either way.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
loool

Needles aren't really all that useful against Marth to be honest unless he's like messing around at the edge :p

I've explained my opinion on the matchup about 47 times, maybe more. I don't feel like doing it again.

You guys won't john about Sheik anymore, right? :)

edit: OverTriforce's combos are silly.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Tell me what luigi can do to beat a spaced approaching dtilt. He would have to retreat backwards with either a dash or wd, and then wd forward with a dsmash or ftilt or grab. I'm 100% sure marth could simply do another dtilt or dash->shield or jump->nair or anything else. fact of the matter is dtilt shuts luigi down COMPLTELY. Luigi has literally 0 chance to retaliate from the air vs marth.

Rappster

Smash Ace
Where's the love ya'll.
i don't know, where's the truth y'all?

But i really believe marth shiek is about 40-60
if i understand ratios correctly, a 40-60 means that Shiek will take 60 stocks for every 40 marth takes. That's shiek taking 3 stocks for every 2 marth takes.
from what i've seen, that seems to describe the matchup, more or less.
i'm a scrub, so all i have is statistical evidence, but

M2k-PewPewU @ good **** german. (this july)
m2k's shiek won with 2 stock, 57%

Combo Food Vol.VII: Falcomist(Marth) vs SFAT(Sheik) this june
SFAT pulls off a jv 2

APEX 2010 - IB (Marth) vs Vanz (Sheik)
1st match Vanz wins 2stock 75%
2nd match Vanz wins jv 3

Dart(Marth) vs DarKatma(Sheik) SSBO
Darkatma wins 3 stock 100%

Fullmetal Alchemist (Marth) vs Nicaboy (Sheik) @ CEO
Full Metal wins 1 stock 49%
Full Metal wins 2 stock 59%
Full metal wins 1 stock 95%

Combo Food Vol. V: Lucien(Sheik) vs Bob$(Marth)
Lucien wins 2 stock 61%
Lucien wins 2 stock 125%

These were the most recent vids of "top level marths" versus shiek on youtube. Obviously i missed some matches and

Shiek: 36 stocks
Marth: 26
Ratio
26/62-36/62
42-58 Shiek.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
afaik the ratio 60-40 doesn't mean anything, including it doesnt mean how many stocks X character should take from Y character

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
OverTriforce, Adam and Ice are probably all better than the the number 3-5 on your list.
I try to not speak about things I'm unfamiliar with. I admit I don't know nearly enough about European smash, though I know those are all top players in Europe. I haven't seen them over here, so judging them would be inaccurate of me. I wouldn't underestimate tope if I were you, but I would readily believe that they are potentially better than both vanz and lucien.

@Niko, I main fox falco marth and sheik. Random walls of theory text? Yeah that's how I got into the MBR... random walls of text. I went to watch your marth, out of curiosity, since you're so concerned that I "don't main marth". Honestly, I burst out laughing on the spot when I realized you consider yourself a marth main... I also laughed at how often the sheik got away with jabbing against you. I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. And no, none of the top 10 marths are that high level. None of them stand more than a ghost of a chance at placing top 10 in an international tournament, to be honest. And yes, I'm aware vanz doesn't main sheik. That doesn't change the fact that he trashed IB. Also, M2k is the number #1 marth and he doesn't even main marth. He's also one of the best foxes, and doesn't main fox. Mango is probably the best falcon, and doesn't main falcon.

@Spamarrows

I'm familiar with every marth player you named, and I still think they're mediocre when considering high level play. I don't understand why you mentioned I can't name m2k or amsah. M2K mains sheik, not marth. Amsah mains sheik, not marth. The reason I included vanz is that he mains sheik no more or less than he mains any other character. And I like how KK immediately posted after you saying that he doesn't think needles are that useful... as if to show you the credibility of such a statement.

"By good I mean capable of beating you in tournament." I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. For all you know I'm an entirely terrible player and beating me doesn't mean anything. Equally possible, I could be capable of beating the majority of the players on your list, and you wouldn't know it... I'm not sure how you could compare them to me at all.

Note: I DO think the matchup is in sheik's favor, I just don't think it's something stupid like 65:35.

And thanks overlord for recognizing that you don't have to main a character (although I do) to know something about them. I appreciate it =]

Edit: LOL @ nicaboy vs fullmetal... wow. Btw, if you're really counting such caliber of players (still can't believe people are when we're talking about TOP LEVEL play), then laijin beat fullmetal at CEO in tournament. Fullmetal only beat nicaboy in a MM. Just saying. Matchups are based on how they're played at the highest level. If you main a high tier character and can't get a high placing at a national you're not really worth considering as top level.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Tell me what luigi can do to beat a spaced approaching dtilt. He would have to retreat backwards with either a dash or wd, and then wd forward with a dsmash or ftilt or grab. I'm 100% sure marth could simply do another dtilt or dash->shield or jump->nair or anything else. fact of the matter is dtilt shuts luigi down COMPLTELY. Luigi has literally 0 chance to retaliate from the air vs marth.
What's a "spaced approaching dtilt"? dtilt -> walk forward -> dtilt again? Why isn't Luigi just hitting Marth as he moves forward then?

Sveet, if you want to convince us (the people that actually play the matchup from Luigi's side) that Marth can just win by dtilting, post some detailed frame + hitbox analysis or something.

From my experience all forms of dtilt abuse have vulnerabilities, including just dtilting in place as fast as possible.

dtilt in place + crouch cancel at low percents is probably the safest thing to do but 1). that doesn't advance Marth's position at all 2). it'd only work at low percents.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Spaced, as in, i run towards you, and at the edge of what you threaten and i dtilt, how can you punish me? Its barely a commit since I can always just dashdance backwards. I will admit, luigi has quite the wavedash, but he still doesn't seem dangerous at all knowing he is stuck on the ground for the whole matchup. Its like playing a much worse version of ICs and samus, one with no range and absolutely no air threat instead of a minor one.

Btw, my argument isn't one of standing in one place dtilting. thats ********. you cant win any match-up (except a 100-0 one) by spamming mindlessly. it does take some spacing and there are some mixups, but from a 50-100 scale i find luigi only really has a 30 chance on marth. Hey, thats better than half guys :D

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
My point is that if you aren't standing in place in dtilting, you have to do dtilt -> something. And that something always has vulnerabilities. Not that dtilt isn't good, but basically it sets up for a mixup situation.

dtilt out of range -> dashdance back is pretty unsafe considering Luigi's wavedash range. It's probably the worst/least safe option to rely on as your standard. Luigi's ability to minimize the effectiveness of dashdance camping is probably one of his greatest strengths.

dtilt -> dash forwards is vulnerable to Luigi just doing a move.

dtilt -> shield is usually safe against immediate danger, but what is this accomplishing? Now Marth is in his shield, congratulations.

dtilt -> jump means you are in the air now, and Luigi has a big mobility advantage until you land. If he hits your aerial head on the obviously your aerial will win, but fair has a gap either before you do it or after landing depending on how it's timed. Autocanceled nair can be spaced around and rarely advances Marth's position because of its duration.

It's interesting that you say that Luigi has "no range" when his ftilt and dsmash pretty much have the same range as Marth's moves. Fsmash/ftilt have slightly longer range but both ftilt and dsmash will clank with it. You aren't trying to challenge Marth's moves directly anyway.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Pfffft

I own I.B's soul.
Just you wait for that IB Falco to become ****!

But...once that happens he'll never play Marth again. :(

I went to watch your marth, out of curiosity, since you're so concerned that I "don't main marth". Honestly, I burst out laughing on the spot when I realized you consider yourself a marth main...
I ask for love and this is what I get smh. This is why there is war in the world guys; so much hate.

KK's right. I should just become a Sheik main cause this ****s making me embarrassed to be a Marth main. :/

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
@TheCrimsonBlur

I don't throw out random insults normally=P I just got kind of fed up with this guy making all his arguments by saying "lol u don't main marth what you say is now invalid". After about 2 pages of that, I decided to go see what was so great about a "marth main".

No more hating =]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This one time

I played I.B

I was really depressed and wanted to quit so he won the first two games with Falco

And then I was like "nah I want to win"

So I ***** him 3 games in a row

Moral of the story is that even though I.B *****

I OWN HIS SOUL

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Druggedfox @Spamarrows

I'm familiar with every marth player you named, and I still think they're mediocre when considering high level play. I don't understand why you mentioned I can't name m2k or amsah. M2K mains sheik, not marth. Amsah mains sheik, not marth. The reason I included vanz is that he mains sheik no more or less than he mains any other character. And I like how KK immediately posted after you saying that he doesn't think needles are that useful... as if to show you the credibility of such a statement.

"By good I mean capable of beating you in tournament." I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. For all you know I'm an entirely terrible player and beating me doesn't mean anything. Equally possible, I could be capable of beating the majority of the players on your list, and you wouldn't know it... I'm not sure how you could compare them to me at all.

Note: I DO think the matchup is in sheik's favor, I just don't think it's something stupid like 65:35.
ok dude get out of the thread. If you agree with everyone you've argued with for the most part then your just here to argue about nothing.

If your wondering why I said not to mention M2K or Amsah is because you M2K could be Argued as the best Sheik, Fox, or Marth and he plays all 3 of them about evenly nowadays. Based on most of Apex I'd say he's a Fox Main but he's been the highest placing Fox/Sheik/Marth at every Major even the past year with the exception of Pound4 Amsah because he's the best sheik(that is actually not gay when he plays) I said leave him out and name some others (at a high level). If you Remember you told me to name Marths besides M2K that played at a high level. So I figured I'd put the stipulation back on you is all.

So you name Lucien (he's proven himself though, About as much as some of the Marth's I've named). Vanz(who's not a sheik Main just uses her to counter Ganon's and Marth's:chuckle:), and Tope...I like Tope so I can't say anything. Thats 3...you didn't even name KK who's been trolling here.

anyways none of it matters because your just making an argument to make one. My point is there is a very thin THIN!!!!!!! line between mediocre and good Sheiks. The Major difference are those who can beat spacies and those who can't. Aside from that Sheik is overall the Match-up kingpin so you don't have to be good with Sheik to beat a Marth that is overall more skilled then you. For that reason alone the Marth vs Sheik match-up in my eyes can't ever be even or in Marth's favor. Do to Marth having a Sword tipped with explosives he will always have at least a 40 something % chance of winning. 30s is kinda pushing it.

Thats all I'm saying about sheik vs Marth though. I'd rather debate Sheik vs Falcon in the Falcon section:laugh:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lucien hasn't proven himself? #1 on norcal powerrankings over SS, Shroomed, HMW, Falcomist, Germ, Bob$, ect... There was one point where i wasn't sure about that guy, but his sheik is spot on.

also, druggedfox, u have good logic and its refreshing to see that on the marth boards.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
lucien hasn't proven himself? #1 on norcal powerrankings over SS, Shroomed, HMW, Falcomist, Germ, Bob$, ect... There was one point where i wasn't sure about that guy, but his sheik is spot on.

also, druggedfox, u have good logic and its refreshing to see that on the marth boards.
Umm... I said He's proven himself. He just needs to pull a Jeff and go to Pound5 and get 9th:chuckle:.

Lucien's good. I actually enjoy watching his sheik. He's like a baby Amsah.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I'm glad you have the authority to tell me to "get out of this thread".

The reason I wasn't sure about lucien was that I have never seen him at a national tournament, as his growth as a smasher seems more recent. It's all about being accurate. Just like I didn't name european sheik players (except for amsah) I don't feel entirely comfortable saying much about lucien until I see him perform against someone other than WC. I really respect his play, I'm just trying not to make assumptions.

I didn't mention KK because he frequently says that he thinks he's a bad player =PPP Once again, M2K, upon being asked, claims he's a sheik main. I respect his opinion on it, and don't try to claim he mains someone else.

In order to make this post something useful to the matchup thread:

How does marth not have the advantage vs falcon? Someone please answer this logically.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm glad you have the authority to tell me to "get out of this thread".

The reason I wasn't sure about lucien was that I have never seen him at a national tournament, as his growth as a smasher seems more recent. It's all about being accurate. Just like I didn't name european sheik players (except for amsah) I don't feel entirely comfortable saying much about lucien until I see him perform against someone other than WC. I really respect his play, I'm just trying not to make assumptions.

I didn't mention KK because he frequently says that he thinks he's a bad player =PPP Once again, M2K, upon being asked, claims he's a sheik main. I respect his opinion on it, and don't try to claim he mains someone else.

In order to make this post something useful to the matchup thread:

How does marth not have the advantage vs falcon? Someone please answer this logically.
I wasn't telling you. I was simply asking you. If you are simply here because you need to fill in time by creating arguments with people who agree with you and stuff. I don't care if your a Marth main or not. Nor do I want to Money Match you because taking your money won't prove me right or you wrong.

I don't want to drag this on and make something ugly out of this thread though. We should just forget it since we agreed on the MU anyway. Friend?

Anyway there is no way Marth is at a disadvantage to Falcon. It's even or Slight Marth 52-48 something like that.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Falcon can threaten marth from a much larger distance than marth can threaten faclon. Marth can win if he can keep falcon inside his range, which is quite difficult on larger stages. Marth can also win if he correctly predicts when falcon will approach, though there is significant risk involved in that.

Dart!

Smash Master
I can give an explanation if need be. Just putting my opinion out there.

Marth vs Falco 50/50
Marth vs Fox 50/50
Marth vs Puff 50/50
Marth vs Sheik 45/55 (could be closer to 60/40, depends on how gay sheik is)
Marth vs Peach 55/45
Marth vs Falcon 55/45 (The callout)
Marth vs ICs 55/45 maybe 60/40
Marth vs Samus 60/40 (maybe worse)
Marth vs Ganon 55/45
Marth vs Doc 60/40
Marth vs Pika 55/45
1.Falcomist
2.Bob$
3.Strawhat
4.EK
5.Diakanos
6.PewPewU
7.Full Metal
8.HBK
9.Dart
10.Taj

Have you not seen my Legacy Vids?:laugh:

I tell you what If you name 10 high level sheiks not counting Amsah/M2K I'll name 10 more

I've been Watching Marth vs Sheik since before alot of you owned a copy of Melee. People always look at join dates and base their whole approach to you on that. It's ashame.

@Spam_Arrows: while i appreciate the huge amount of respect and confidence you have in me i think you SERIOUSLY overrate me as a player. The only decent tourney i've placed well at is SCSYN3 and although it featured the best the MW has to offer and even M2K i placed 5th. Until i am consistently either taking 1st or 2nd or even 3rd around the MW i don't think i should be considered in anyones top 10...although i do appreciate it when big names like "Diakonos IB BoB$ Niko" and the like say my marth ***** or is really good <3

I am going to RoM3 though...so we'll see how i do at my first REAL tournament. I hope to see all you marth mains there so we can talk about how much our character is falling in todays metagame :/

@JBM, i'll post my thoughts on the MU's when i remember XD

But for now IMO i think marths that started out melee by learning the falcon matchup will naturally have an easier time in the said matchup. Like IMO if i were to play say SS or Scar i think i would do well, please note i would probably lose but i don't honestly think i would get destroyed because thats how well i BELIEVE i know the matchup

p.s. i played darkrain at smym11 and was going even with him. take friendlies for what you want but i don't think he was sandbagging because we were going stock for stock 0 deaths :)

Van.

Smash Ace

News Flash: There are more vids of m2k doing perfectly fine against sheik than there are of sheik ****** him.

@Spamarrows:

I don't care how many mediocre marth players there are, I care about how many high level marths there are. Naming 20 marth players doesn't mean much to me. The only sheiks I would have named, had I been asked are:

1. M2k (sheik main, and plays predominantely sheik in tournament)
2. Amsah
3. Tope
4. Vanz
5. Lucien? Despite beating Zhu, lucky, AND SS, I consider debatable because I have yet to see consistent performance.

Anyone else? Unless I'm missing someone major... I wouldn't even include anyone else.

Doesn't really matter though, I just don't think many marth players play marth correctly nowadays, so I hate on them =]
What about Drephen?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
@Spam_Arrows: while i appreciate the huge amount of respect and confidence you have in me i think you SERIOUSLY overrate me as a player. The only decent tourney i've placed well at is SCSYN3 and although it featured the best the MW has to offer and even M2K i placed 5th. Until i am consistently either taking 1st or 2nd or even 3rd around the MW i don't think i should be considered in anyones top 10...although i do appreciate it when big names like "Diakonos IB BoB$ Niko" and the like say my marth ***** or is really good <3

I am going to RoM3 though...so we'll see how i do at my first REAL tournament. I hope to see all you marth mains there so we can talk about how much our character is falling in todays metagame :/

@JBM, i'll post my thoughts on the MU's when i remember XD

But for now IMO i think marths that started out melee by learning the falcon matchup will naturally have an easier time in the said matchup. Like IMO if i were to play say SS or Scar i think i would do well, please note i would probably lose but i don't honestly think i would get destroyed because thats how well i BELIEVE i know the matchup

p.s. i played darkrain at smym11 and was going even with him. take friendlies for what you want but i don't think he was sandbagging because we were going stock for stock 0 deaths :)
I believe you'll be the Best player in MW in a year. Trust me I'm a prophet. It wasn't exactly a top 10 but more like a random 30ish people.

I'm going to try to go to ROM3 but as of now I don't know. I found friendlies to be retardedly crazy. Also you can't count yourself out vs anyone. You'd be surprised how well you can do sometimes just based on how your style matches up with someone else.

I got ***** in friendlies by Blunted Object in friendlies nearly to the point of tears. Yet came close to even vs shiz. I've also been beat by Irish Mafia but I'll win matches against someone like MacD....or something like that idk. I get stompped by Banks and go even with tope.....Styles sometimes decide the victor more then characters do.

ANYWAYS Marth vs Falcon is probably some fraction that rounds to 50/50. If PS isn't a neutral then it's probably in Marth's favor. Friend of mine is a Falcon secondary and he plays campy as **** vs my Marth in seriouslies so I've got practice trapping Falcon. You have to stop smoking pot if your a Marth player because having reflexes to react to Falcon is Key to winning.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Drephen's pretty good. People like Plank and Banks are getting there. Dispite suffering some kind of low between late 07-09 Marth and Sheik seem to be making a crazy return now. New Sheik/Marth Players seem to pop up every day.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
LOL

How can you not consider plank better?

He's outplaced drephen by a couple margins in todays tourney scene.

Today= Means everything
Yesterday= Good for you, but people got better.

Marth does not lose to falcon.

Falco is much more difficult than falcon.

You guys talk about safety and ****. Just guess their approach and counter it/space moves better and take their stock.

Easy as that.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
He said he omitted me because I'm always bitchin' about how I suck.

Which I'm okay with.

I'm not very good.

:laugh:

Plank is good if he's not fighting a space animal. Like, a decent space animal, no matter how COMPLETELY HORRIBLE they are vs Sheik, will beat him :laugh:

Dart!

Smash Master
I believe you'll be the Best player in MW in a year. Trust me I'm a prophet. It wasn't exactly a top 10 but more like a random 30ish people.

I'm going to try to go to ROM3 but as of now I don't know. I found friendlies to be retardedly crazy. Also you can't count yourself out vs anyone. You'd be surprised how well you can do sometimes just based on how your style matches up with someone else.

I got ***** in friendlies by Blunted Object in friendlies nearly to the point of tears. Yet came close to even vs shiz. I've also been beat by Irish Mafia but I'll win matches against someone like MacD....or something like that idk. I get stompped by Banks and go even with tope.....Styles sometimes decide the victor more then characters do.

ANYWAYS Marth vs Falcon is probably some fraction that rounds to 50/50. If PS isn't a neutral then it's probably in Marth's favor. Friend of mine is a Falcon secondary and he plays campy as **** vs my Marth in seriouslies so I've got practice trapping Falcon. You have to stop smoking pot if your a Marth player because having reflexes to react to Falcon is Key to winning.
Thanks spam...we'll see though, The MW has a bad case of not knowing how to handle Zelda, it seems like our fundamentals are lacking hardcore.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
He said he omitted me because I'm always bitchin' about how I suck.

Which I'm okay with.

I'm not very good.

:laugh:

Plank is good if he's not fighting a space animal. Like, a decent space animal, no matter how COMPLETELY HORRIBLE they are vs Sheik, will beat him :laugh:
^^^^ so true

but im gettin a bit better at it >=[

except that i beat col bol 2-0 in a pretty **** fashion 2/3 stock. random as hell, i was just really on that set

hes the only good spacie ive beat in a while except people in md/va

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
KK of all people not knowing how to fight peach is hilarious. "In NTSC we put that ***** back in the kitchen"... who was that? =PPP

Edit: Just so I don't post uselessly over and over, that was me who said the m2k maining sheik thing... reason I said that? He claimed so himself recently, as in recent as GSG. If he made another claim or changed his mind, sorry then. But definitely around GSG he was saying sheik main.

strawhats

Smash Master
ummm...to whoever said m2k is a sheik main (i think not) He uses him alot but he said himself that he doesn't main any one character anymore. He uses marth, sheik, and fox and he's a very MU dependent player nowadays

Top Bottom