• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Match-Up Chart thread

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Yet no one ever matches the sheer precision and efficiency of that 07 marth ;)

That's all us m2k fanboys can ever come down to... and it makes me sad every time =P

strawhats

Smash Master
Yet no one ever matches the sheer precision and efficiency of that 07 marth ;)

That's all us m2k fanboys can ever come down to... and it makes me sad every time =P
i definitely know what you mean...i mean its really hard for me to say oh if m2k never stopped playing melee and started playing brawl he would still lose to mango and other people would also eventually surpass him. Thats a very real possibility. I honestly cant call armada m2k's new mango (mango ***** m2k, armada barely scrapes through when he plays m2k but their sets are really close and entertaining)

In all honesty, I think armada has actually become my favorite person to watch now. He's like a younger version of Jason(except he's swedish and uses peach).

Lol at Spam Arrows...yeah my m2k fanboyism is kinda creepy...its really his marth that speaks to me though. I have several favorites though (mango has also become one of my favorite people to watch) along with shiz, SS, armada, and pp.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Fox: 55
Falco: 60
Jiggs: 50
Sheik: 40 (45 in PAL)

Falcon: 45
Peach: 60
Ganon: 60
Ice Climbers: 55 (might be anything from 10 to 90, ICs are lol)

Samus: 65
Doc: 60
Mario: 60
Pikachu: 60

Tero.

Smash Champion
yeah but Ganon is heavily nerfed.

I miss my freaking spike.
I don't really think he's heavily nerfed, actually he might even got buffed because you know: Fox, Sheik and Marth are heavily nerfed.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't really think he's heavily nerfed, actually he might even got buffed because you know: Fox, Sheik and Marth are heavily nerfed.
He already did well vs Marth. Sheik and Fox might be easier to fight. Falco would still give dorf some problems though. Same goes for Peach. I wouldn't mind seeing Kage vs some Sheiks though in PAL :p

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
Marth vs Peach 60/40
Marth vs Samus 60/40
Marth vs Doc 60/40
Marth vs Falco 55/45
Marth vs Ganon 55/45
Marth vs ICs 55/45
Marth vs Pika 55/45
Marth vs Fox 50/50
Marth vs Puff 45/55
Marth vs Falcon 45/55
Marth vs Sheik 40/60

Dart!

Smash Master
IMO If sheik weren't in the game, not only would marth become viable standalone (as in not needing a pocket fox vs sheik...face it we will all succumb to this, even ken did and m2k...well...) but everybody below high tier becomes almost viable.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
IMO If sheik weren't in the game, not only would marth become viable standalone (as in not needing a pocket fox vs sheik...face it we will all succumb to this, even ken did and m2k...well...) but everybody below high tier becomes almost viable.
Let's ban sheik. :laugh:

Nah but, marth's still viable stand alone vs sheik... I mean, I can't believe that Marth vs Sheik is any worse than something else like Fox vs Peach or Sheik vs Samus... and peach and samus mains stick to their characters.

Tero.

Smash Champion

Nah but, marth's still viable stand alone vs sheik... I mean, I can't believe that Marth vs Sheik is any worse than something else like Fox vs Peach or Sheik vs Samus... and peach and samus mains stick to their characters.
Samus/Sheik is imo about the same as Peach/ICs

Dart!

Smash Master

Maybe its just in the metagame right now, the strategies we have are ineffective against all the good sheik mains.

It's ******** though, i know what to do but i usually don't start doing it til i'm down two stocks and can't catch up.

Niko45

Smash Master
Marth vs Sheik probably isn't worse than those matchups in a vacuum but Peach and Samus are much rarer characters so they get the advantage of knowing how to fight fox/sheik better than fox/sheik know how to fight them. Helps them a lot since they are very gimmicky characters who can really take advantage of that. Marth vs Sheik is a pretty straight forward matchup with tedious camping and micro spacing which for the sheik focuses on dthrow gaying which is very common across most if not all of sheik's matchups so it's pretty hard to find a sheik that's actually terrible against Marth (though admittedly they're not going to beat Marth with NO experience).

Dart!

Smash Master
I hate space animal mains with sheik secondaries...worst feeling ever is getting CP'ed to a stage and then being CP'ed a char too.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I hate space animal mains with sheik secondaries...worst feeling ever is getting CP'ed to a stage and then being CP'ed a char too.
I have a pocket sheik. As well as a Pocket Falco. I'm thinking of picking up Ganon for the sake of fighting Puff. :laugh:

Dart!

Smash Master
:(

I'm sad now.

Marth mains with space animal seconds are pretty scary too iunno >_> *glares at HBK*
Well in my honest opinion it's rough being strictly marth, fox has such an easier time with sheik that it almost seems counter productive to even try to learn the MU with marth

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Believe it or not Fox doesn't have it THAT easy vs sheik.

Well not to the point that you can just pick up a fox and expect to beat good sheiks anyway. With a little practice obviously.

Honestly HBK still scares me and on the marth side I never found Marth vs sheik to be THAT horrifying.

Annoying and not in your favor for sure but if I was a marth main I'd try to learn it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Well not to the point that you can just pick up a fox and expect to beat good sheiks anyway. With a little practice obviously.

Honestly HBK still scares me and on the marth side I never found Marth vs sheik to be THAT horrifying.

Annoying and not in your favor for sure but if I was a marth main I'd try to learn it.
I thought you were a Marth Main? or a co-Marth/Sheik main...hmmm.....

*Kicks Tec0 from Legacy archives* :p

Marth can't beat Sheik
Fixed!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, I guess I can be a marth main if you want. =3

Truthfully, I play him a lot. Just rarely if ever in tournament :laugh:

I'm gonna try to play him more so I could do that "LOL you thought I only play sheik?", go to FD and pick marth on spacies :laugh:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Oh, I guess I can be a marth main if you want. =3

Truthfully, I play him a lot. Just rarely if ever in tournament :laugh:

I'm gonna try to play him more so I could do that "LOL you thought I only play sheik?", go to FD and pick marth on spacies :laugh:
Yeah. I have the same effect. Except when I switch to Falco or sometimes sheik. I play G$ and he almost 3 stocked me. I switched to Falco and got him to 1 stock high % before he through me off Fsmashed a few times ftw. I could've won that match but I misread the Tech....:(

Nah Marth can beat Sheik

This is Marth guys it's not Bowser looool
I Marth has to be perfect in order to beat Sheik. Sheik can just try stuff and get away with it. It's kinda lame. However It's a taste of your own meds since Marth does that to everyone else. It's like when Sheik has to play against Puff.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I Marth has to be perfect in order to beat Sheik. Sheik can just try stuff and get away with it. It's kinda lame. However It's a taste of your own meds since Marth does that to everyone else. It's like when Sheik has to play against Puff.
I really gotta disagree >_>

Sheik can get grabbed by trying certain strategies. And Marth can still do a lot of damage with his grabs on sheik.

They're just not guaranteed combos.

Marth has to be playing better but not to the point where you have to play absolutely perfect just to have a shot.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I really gotta disagree >_>

Sheik can get grabbed by trying certain strategies. And Marth can still do a lot of damage with his grabs on sheik.

They're just not guaranteed combos.

Marth has to be playing better but not to the point where you have to play absolutely perfect just to have a shot.
I don't mean you have to be perfect in order to have a shot. You have to be perfect to tip the scale. It's the same for like Fox vs Peach. If your not perfect with peach your gonna get ****ed up!

Dart!

Smash Master

I definitely went to a tournament 2 weeks ago, got 3 stocked by a sheik with marth...switched to fox and beat him with a lot less effort than i put into the sheik marth match...the player is Matt R and he's not a joke.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
to be honest I have an easier time fighting sheik with alts. Falco/Fox, Sheik Dittos, Even using Falcon to me feels easier. I thought Might even start using Puff ;)....nah

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I definitely went to a tournament 2 weeks ago, got 3 stocked by a sheik with marth...switched to fox and beat him with a lot less effort than i put into the sheik marth match...the player is Matt R and he's not a joke.
I would still say tec0 is probably right...

Either your fox is better at the sheik matchup than you give it credit for, Matt R is bad at fighting fox, you're not good at fighting sheik with marth, or he's really good at fighting marth...

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but generally at high level play you don't see that much of a difference due to character.

Top Bottom