• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's True Combos: Character Specific List.*community contributions*

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Don't take your anger out on me because some of the things you're posting is wrong. But it's whatever man.
... how is what ive posted wrong? I test things, use every form of DI i can think of to escape them. If i can escape when things are perfect on both ends, then its not a combo.

Meta can powershield dthrow to fsmash when the correct DI is applied. Nuff said. If i cant replicate it at a later time, then ill admit that i could have been wrong. But until then, its not a true combo.

Don't refute something until youve tested, retested, and tested again to make sure...

EDIT: i also tested fthrow to fsmash more on marth. I can upB out of it, but not consistently enough to refute it as a combo. I leave it in green for MOAR TESTING!!!!

how about this takeurlife,

I test it in debug mode, as in frame by frame, and meta be getting fsmashed.

Also it's fthrow x2 -> dthrow x5 on Fox.
If you can honestly say you used every form of DI possible, ill move it back to green. Of course, a video would plead the case much easier.

I also tried the fox thing with fthrow x2 to dthrow jazz, but im pretty sure i just suck at it. A vid of this would be cool too.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
AlmostLegendary It's just that he has done testing and his conclusion was that it connects. Then there comes a random person who did NOT do any testing says: "I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that. Why not fsmash d3 after the third fthrow?" Which basically means that he did all his tests wrong, which of course is not true.

Also try to think before saying stuff. "Why not Fsmash D3 after the third Fthrow?" Uhhmm maybe because Usmash does more damage, it can set up a juggle trap, or it can get D3 on a platform to allow further pressure.

Almostlegendary tell me if you agree with this, because i think it's pretty clear why he made that post the way it is.
The fsmash can't lead to edge guarding and you punishing his recovery? Even still why isn't that listed? If he's listing all of Marth's "true combo's". He doesn't mention what characters need a stutter step smash to connect which ones doesn't. But it's whatever.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
The fsmash can't lead to edge guarding and you punishing his recovery? Even still why isn't that listed? If he's listing all of Marth's "true combo's". He doesn't mention what characters need a stutter step smash to connect which ones doesn't. But it's whatever.
Oh man...

A Fsmash can lead to stuff, and an Usmash can lead to stuff. They are both useful in different situations, so they are both listed.

But takeurlife again what if i make a throw combo list, and you a normal combo list?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
But takeurlife again what if i make a throw combo list, and you a normal combo list?
That's pointless, it'll just clutter up the boards. The majority of these are grab combos anyways.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Meta can powershield dthrow to fsmash when the correct DI is applied. Nuff said. If i cant replicate it at a later time, then ill admit that i could have been wrong. But until then, its not a true combo.
"If you can replicate it"? Did you actually get it to fail more than once before deciding that it doesn't work?

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Nice thread, I've been looking out for this quite some time :).
And for the F-throw -> F-smash combo's, could you write up which ones require Stutter Step F-smash?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I can tell you Snake's one requires 1-2 frames of stutter stepping, no more or snake can shield/non tipper fsmash, and no less or you'll completely whiff.

(A stutter step can be 1-5 frames long).

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
"If you can replicate it"? Did you actually get it to fail more than once before deciding that it doesn't work?
ya, i was able to get meta to powershield it about 10 times in a row lol

Also, shaya, im going to need your help in order to add the stutter steps. I still dont have my wii. So far, i have marth, lol.

Just out of curiosity are you going to include stun-jacket combos?
So far i dont plan to include those or combos that require a stale move to set up.

EDIT: If marth's fthrow to fsmash is proven true then i can just say it works on everyone but Lucario and climbers and list who needs a SS and who doesnt

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I can tell you Snake's one requires 1-2 frames of stutter stepping, no more or snake can shield/non tipper fsmash, and no less or you'll completely whiff.

(A stutter step can be 1-5 frames long).
Thanks, basically all I needed to know actually, since I play a lot of Snakes.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
It's a combo at 0% as Meta Knight lands on the ground naturally during his hitstun, incuring a further 4 frames of hitstun.

meaning +12 advantage, i.e. fsmash works.

But his set trajectory stops him from touching the ground -later- as the percent goes up (until 14% where he can start to just DI).
actually, for some reason sometimes they can shield, that's why i stopped doing this again tyrant.

instead, i'll either throw nair to w/e

or fthrow fsmash tip.

I did a little testing:

on meta, dthrow -> fsmash isnt true. Meta can DI down and land in perfect time to powershield. Powershield is his only option.

on D3, the fthrow x3 -> usmash is true from what i tried.
usmash doesn't work iirc, they can shield it (when we tested it)

also, to be honest fthrow nair doesn't really work, they can sdi after the first hit of the nair.

you can also fthrow forward B snake (though i think they MIGHT be able to draw a grenade if di'd)

and around 13% (maybe less) iirc if they don't di you get fthrow to forward tip

diddy - fthrow down air

also, if they struggle out of your grab and air break you can get them with a grab release

gaw can be grab released Fair'd.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i dunno, i just fair earlier than it looks like it will hit

usually they'll try to upB, but it hits them even before that so i doubt they can airdodge

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I do Dthrow to Fthrow to Fsmash now.

Also, Uair combos into tons of stuff on every character. So does first jhit Nair. Also SHFFNair is a linker, and can combo into stuff. FFFair can combo into stuff. Dtilt combos into stuff. Jab combos into second hit jab if your opponent is airborne.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace

Also, Uair combos into tons of stuff on every character. So does first jhit Nair. Also SHFFNair is a linker, and can combo into stuff. FFFair can combo into stuff. Dtilt combos into stuff. Jab combos into second hit jab if your opponent is airborne.
you gotta be more specific my good man. I dont have time to test all these by myself on every character o.O

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
iirc, You can fthrow to stutterstep fsmash almost everyone from 0-20%. 0-5% is actual combo, but with the rest, most ppl aren't fast enough to react.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

na take can DI out of the Uair combos man don't you know?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I love the titles given to each character. XD Especially the Sheik one.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
na take can DI out of the Uair combos man don't you know?
TROLLBEGONE

im sorry that thread you tried to make was too generic and you are probably not good at this game. But please, dont take it out on a legit thread! Think of the children!!!!!!!

btw, ive seen falco DI out of grounded uair combo at 0. just sayin.

EDIT: someone test this who can DI well. Dthrow to fsmash at the edge on MK. Airdodge takes more frames to come out than shield, right? It might be true if you dthrow him off the ledge.

Spade1

Smash Apprentice
takeurlife, I have a suggestion and perhaps you could mention how ff fair and first hit nair true combos into ridiculous amounts options even at high %'s. (on nearly every character)

testing every option against every character would be ridiculously difficult, but perhaps just mention it with a * at the beginning or end of the OP's since in many cases they are in fact, true combos.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
takeurlife, I have a suggestion and perhaps you could mention how ff fair and first hit nair true combos into ridiculous amounts options even at high %'s. (on nearly every character)

testing every option against every character would be ridiculously difficult, but perhaps just mention it with a * at the beginning or end of the OP's since in many cases they are in fact, true combos.
the way i want things tested in here is for each combo to go through fire and flames. I want all the % data and the "trueness" of the combo to be accurate. In a few months, i want people to be able to check the list, learn combos, and do them without risking taking damage after the "combo" started.

In other words, something might seem to be a "duh!" true combo on certain characters and certain situations, but i dont want any "WTF?!?!" moments when it actually doesn't work and ends up getting you in a sticky situation in a match. Once started, i want combos in this list to be guaranteed, reliable, and safe.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
TROLLBEGONE

im sorry that thread you tried to make was too generic and you are probably not good at this game. But please, dont take it out on a legit thread! Think of the children!!!!!!!

btw, ive seen falco DI out of grounded uair combo at 0. just sayin.

EDIT: someone test this who can DI well. Dthrow to fsmash at the edge on MK. Airdodge takes more frames to come out than shield, right? It might be true if you dthrow him off the ledge.
First you di'd out of it and now you seen it happen which one is it? I'd rather not have somone one talk about my skill level that doesn't.....you know what just play me you prob don't do Wifi but if you go to SNES i'll be there.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Guys, chill out.

I can all show you vids of any combo you want (that isn't from a grab) getting DI'd out of.

Think Snake's ftilt really combos?
No, it doesn't.

Ike's jab? Nah, sorry.

Any combo you can think up, I can show you the di to get out.
POINT IS PEOPLE, what's technically possible in 5 frames is beyond human scope, unless you're Azen, Ken (when you know he's gonna get rested), Anther or God.

Anything with over 3 frames of hitlag is mostly sufficient to avoid the next hit.

Trying to purge the list of things that are POSSIBLE, as in, naturally can occur, yet can be, in extreme circumstances DI'd out, would result in the thread being empty except for fthrow to fsmash. Joy.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
The point of it being a "true combo" is that it can't be escaped. I mean, why not change the thread to "moves that will connect most of the time against lesser opponents but will just get you punished against higher level players or people that are good at SDI" ??

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The point of it being a "true combo" is that it can't be escaped. I mean, why not change the thread to "moves that will connect most of the time against lesser opponents but will just get you punished against higher level players or people that are good at SDI" ??
I've seen neo kadaj and roy r pierce steel pull of some of the combos you said are escapable but I guess their opponents aren't up to snub. But whatever fits your agenda I guess.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I can be close to 90% sure just about every combo on your list that isn't from a grab (now or in the future) I can show it getting DI'd out of.

If there is sufficient HIT STUN (including the opponent's ability to air dodge, attack etc), and FEASIBLE for the player to REACH in time to execute the next move, whilst not simply being a one DI (i.e. holding up) escape point, it should be considered viable to be on the list.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
I can be close to 90% sure just about every combo on your list that isn't from a grab (now or in the future) I can show it getting DI'd out of.

If there is sufficient HIT STUN (including the opponent's ability to air dodge, attack etc), and FEASIBLE for the player to REACH in time to execute the next move, whilst not simply being a one DI (i.e. holding up) escape point, it should be considered viable to be on the list.
I've said it from the beginning, show the combo being executed properly and being escaped, and ill remove it from the list. I have no problem with a short list, sir.

Now, if there seems to be an overwhelming need for a "followup and semi-true combo" list from the community, i also dont mind converting this one into that.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I still have money that at low percents you cannot DI out of my Uair to another aerial . . . unless you're able to SDI it into the ground and tech, but if that's possible why even make a list, lmao. I don't even think that's possible.

Get out of August. There are combos in this game.

Also, I'm reasonably sure you cannot fthrow fsmash ZSS

Top Bottom