• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Link shall consume. Consume... Consume everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperLuigi9624

Smash Cadet
So he's 4 characters (Final Smash included) in one. Yeah, I can buy that. The movesets also seem to work well enough too. I wonder if he can still drown in water while in his Zora form.
Squirtle can drown apparently (He even knows surf! His up special.)

So Zora Link should too.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Squirtle can drown apparently (He even knows surf! His up special.)

So Zora Link should too.
Solution, Squirtle shouldn't drown too.

@Spire wouldn't it make more sense for him to take more damage from ice attacks instead of fire.

Ultimate kaos

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is a great idea! A character like this would be awesome to play as! Problem is, it's another link :/ Well I guess if they replaced a link with this one...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only Zelda characters I want are Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Deku/Goron/Zora Link, and Tingle. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are my all-time favorite Zelda games right after A Link to the Past. I am also open-minded to the notion of Impa replacing Sheik and Masked Link replacing Toon Link.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea, but not at the expense of Toon Link. I know I'm in the minority but I actually wouldn't mind if there were three different Link slots in the game, provided they were all sufficiently different.

peeup

Smash Lord
I've had a very similar idea for a while. Except the 3 forms would all be like clones of young link. Neutral B would be mask change, and the other three specials would stay similar. Deku Link would have aerial superiority, Goron Link would be heavy and strong on the ground, and Zora Link would be agile and campy.

Up Special:
Deku Link spins up and parachutes down with flowers. Harmless, but the best recovery of the 3.
Goron Link spins upward in his ball. Powerful, but low range and worst recovery of the 3.
Zora Link spins upward with his blades out. Slightly powerful, average damage+recovery.

Side Special:
Deku Link throws a leaf-boomerang. Slow and low damage.
Goron Link throws a rock-boomerang. Slow, but powerful.
Zora Link throws two blade boomerangs at different angles. Fast and powerful.

Down Special:
Deku Link throws a Deku nut, stunning whoever it hits breifly.
Goron Link throws a powder keg, dealing heavy, heavy damage.
Zora Link throws a... water... bomb...? eh?

I like your idea better tho haha.

Suicide Noize

Smash Rookie
every super smash bros there was a new link. (from zelda)

Super Smash Bros - Link
Super Smash Bros Melee - Young Link
Super Smash Bros Brawl - Toon Link

What about they do

Super Smash Bros Universe - Deku Link (From majoras mask)

I have a skill set. But idk the wii U controls that well.

jigglover

Smash Lord
LOL
Don't be such a scrooge though Oppossum! TP was actually the first zelda game I played, and I, along with my brother who had also played wind waker, thought that Link was called Zelda for AGES. We thought that Link's Zelda's horse Epona was called Link though!

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
(I hope I'm not really bumping this. I guess I don't have much interesting to say so I guess I am? Oh well)
I love this idea. I especially like Goron and Zora Links getting in. They're probably my favorite.
Something that would be cool is, assuming each form has three victory poses, to have a random event that the victory pose could be Young Link trying on different masks. He'd put one on then look left, take off that one and replace it and look right. Then replace again and jump up and take on a menacing stance while wiggling his fingers about. I guess? Would make him seem menacing. I think it'd be cooler to make the masks random too.
One taunt better be the Kamaro's Dance. It'd work for Goron and Zora. But not really on Deku? I'd prefer it on Zora.
Would Zora Link's fins change size depending if he's attacking or not? They got bigger in MM when they were 'equipped'.
Hope I'm not repeating. I'm gonna go back and read this thread.
Majora's Mask was my first Zelda. Though I only played a bit of it. Wind Waker was my first finished. But Majora's Mask remains my favorite Zelda title by far. Thank you for making this thread.

Mako Link better play the guitar and go "BABY!"

:phone:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Young Link from Majora's Mask would make a great character to the roster and in my opinion, Majora's Mask Link is the only Link besides Adult Link that is deserving from The Legend of Zelda series.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Masked Link is a cool idea. But I'm not sure f it's feasible. Since, it's 4 (or 5 if you include the Fierce Deity Link Final Smash) characters in one, it will definitely be an extremely labour-intensive task.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Those animations make the OP completely awesome.

I feel like people are pretty aware that it's unlikely so I'll skip saying that... but I think I'd almost rather see separate characters? It certainly is true that balancing four (or five if you count Fierce Diety) different movesets is unfeasible, but I'd love to see a goron, zora, and deku shrub representative...

But I guess in my ideal world, Smash would have like a dozen Zelda characters. Super Zelda Bros for the win.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I support the hell out of this character! Its just too good of an idea.

Masked Link is a cool idea. But I'm not sure f it's feasible. Since, it's 4 (or 5 if you include the Fierce Deity Link Final Smash) characters in one, it will definitely be an extremely labour-intensive task.
Normal sword link wouldn't be part of this character, so its 3 characters + Final Smash Deity Link.
So its not too crazy, it worked with Pokémon Trainer.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Here, this is somehting I my self made a while ago. Posted it on Game FAQ's a few days ago, didn't get much reaction, though I should have expected as much. Maybe it would be better here.

Young Link
^B: Spin attack
-B: Sling Shot (replaces the bow. short reach, a scatter effect. random chance of it causing a deku nut explosion)
>B: Boomerang (smaller and faster than links, arcs upward at an angle when returning to him, instead of flying straight forward then back)
vB: Deku Mask: transforms into Deku Link

He would basically function as a smaller Link in all other aspects, who would be somewhere between light weight and mid weight in terms of maneuverability. Possibly getting back Links classic repeated stab ability, since Link lost it in brawl. a smaller sword with faster attack speed would make the move work for him. Have him keep the hook shot, since Link is likely to continue using the claw shot from TP.
Deku Link
^B: Deku Flower (DLink shoots up into the air via two spinning flowers. if one presses the B button while hes descending, he can drop deku seeds to foes under him)
-B: Deku Bubble (Charges up a bubble from DLinks snout. can be shot rapidly, or charged for a bigger bubble. if its bigger, it will have a stun effect when it explodes from impacting an enemy)
>B: Deku Stick + Seed (Pulls out deku stick, then tosses up a deku seed into the air, and then hits it like a baseball, damaging enemies at a slight distance. Deku stick can then be used as a weapon item until it breaks. Deku seed is at half strength than the traditonal item, if the move is spammed too much theres a chance it may plow up in DLinks face stunning him instead of his enemies)
vB: Goron Mask: pulls out the goron mask and shifts into GLink

Basically DLink would be a light weight Glass Canon character. His specials dealing efficient damage, how ever it doesn't take much to knock him out of the ring, and the rest of his attacks are fairly average. Involve tossing his body at people, as well as performing small flips to attack with his hat. Just like in MM he cant swim, if knocked out of an arena with water he will 'hop' on the waters surface to get back to the stage. After the 3rd hop, he will fall into the water and instantly sink.
Goron Link
^B: Goron Pound: (Rolls up into a ball, jumps up high into the air, then slams his body down into the ground)
-B: Goron Barrel Bomb (Pulls out a giant barrel bomb with a long ignition wick. It can be picked up by other players, and is handled like the Bonsslai pokemon from Brawl. very heavy for anyone other than glink. Damages anyone caught in the blast, including GLink)
>B: Goron Spin (rolls up into a ball and begins spinning in place, building up energy. if charged up long enough steel spikes will come out of GLinks body. when released Glink will charge forward along the stage damaging anyone who is in his way.
vB: pulls out the zora mask and shifts into ZLink

GLink is basically the Slow Powerful character type. Using his big body and fists to overwhelm foes, a lot of power with his attacks, but slow execution. high falling speed so his ^B and >B are your only chances of getting him back to an arena as quickly as possible. In stages with water, he will fall through it as if water is not there, like how he sinks in MM.

Zora Link
^B: Electric Charge (charges body with electricity and charges forward)
-B: Counter Stance (goes into a martial arts style stance meant to block and counter attacks with his fists)
>B: Zora Fin Boomerang (flicks both fins from his body as boomerangs from both arms, to both left and right, getting foes behind and in front of him. if held, can charge boomerangs with electricity)
vB: removes mask and becomes YLink again.

ZLink is your basic mid weight character. Attacking with his arms and legs in a martial arts style fashion while also using some electrical powers, as seen in his MM incarnation, able to generate electricity like an eel. He would use his fins like arm blades, as seen in his MM incarnations, if performing attacks after using his boomerang technique his range would become limited till his fins returned too him. When in stages with water, ZLink would be able to swim constantly regardless of damage percentage. Afterall who ever herd of a Zora drowning?
Final Smash (YLink, DLink, GLink, and ZLink): Dons the Fierce Deity Mask, causing an explosion of dark energy. Uses the MM classic heavy breathing and scream animation while using it.

Fierce Deity Link
^B: Wide Range Spin (Classic spin attack, only with dark energy and wider range via FDLinks longer sword)
-B: Power Slam (Hold sword over head, charging it with energy, than slams it down in front of him creating an explosion of dark energy. the longer its held, the stronger it will be)
>B: Energy Disk (Swings sword infront of him, shooting out disks of energy to strike foes)
vB: Great Fairy Sword (pulls out the great fairy sword and is capable of using it like a combat item. it can be knocked out of his hand and picked up by other characters)

Basically He would be similar to Meta Knight in combat style. Moves like a mid weight, and takes damage like a heavy weight. How ever because he fights by using a sword with both hands, while a powerful fighter, there's a bit of lag to his attacks, giving experienced fighters a small window to attack when hes unable to defend him self. His moves would have a slow recovery rate, so if you can dodge the attack, you can get him directly after. He's powerful, but you need to make sure you can use him effectively.

FDLink Final Smash: Removes the Fierce Deity Mask and reverts back to the last form Link was in before using the final smash. Enemies near by have their energy drained from them and are put to sleep for a few seconds.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Here, this is somehting I my self made a while ago. Posted it on Game FAQ's a few days ago, didn't get much reaction, though I should have expected as much. Maybe it would be better here.

Awesome all around, though for the mask switch I think I'd want it to not be a cycle but something where while you hold down B a little HUD pops up around him and he can hold Down for Link, Left for Deku Shrub, Up for Goron, and Right for Zora.

I'd probably simplify the Final Smash... He's Fierce Diety Link, all his attacks should launch the Energy Disk. Basically, I think he should just run around and swing his beastly sword murder-style. No real finesse needed. :)

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
i think a cycle would be best, due to the fact while in battle who has time to select from a small menue. just something instantaneous would work

as for FDLink, i like the idea of him being playable, over him just transforming, an attack, then disappearing. But I dont want him being Too OP, hence why the energy disks are only his over b, and hed have lag and slow recovery with his attacks.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
If only it would happen. Honestly this character would probably be right up there with my top 2 (Ridley and Krystal) if it had any chance of happening. Their odds aren't great, but at least they aren't <1%.

FiDeL

Smash Rookie
100% agree, I ask Masked Link in smash since the speculation before brawl released and I was saddly disapointed becaude MM is my favorite Zelda game ever!!! ( I have the statue of Skull Kid and Fierce Deity Link in my Living room and I love them!) :).

MM Link is my #1 Newcomers for this one! And, It's only my opinion, but if sakurai think that it's too much to put another Characters with 3 transformation, maybe PT can disappeared, I like him, but i will be ok with that because there's still a lot of potential pokémon to be in this game on it's own with, Mewtwo new incarnation or old incarnation, possibility of blaziken, or Lucario can Stay or Zoroark, or maybe another pokémon from X/Y we don't know yet.

Don't forget that One year will pass after the release of X/Y when SSB4 will release, so with Pikachu and Jiggly Puff ( if they keep it, what i wish cause JP is one of my mains) I think that with PT too there's gonna be 5 characters for the first generation, I know that's the best gen but it's a lot for a franchise which gonna release their 6th gen soon.

But like I said, It's what I think. If we can keep PT and have Masked Link too It's perfect!!!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I think Masked Link is extremely unlikely considering we don't even have a Majora's Mask remake at the time. I would however be extremely pleased if we got a Masked Link nonetheless.

My own two cents for a moveset:

Deku Link
Neutral Special: Deku Bubble - A chargeable projectile that moves erratically in its destined path. Tilting up or down while charging changes the angle at which the bubble is launched.
Side Special: Deku Leaf - A large leaf that does no damage but blows the opponent back with a large gust of air. If used in the air, Deku Link goes flying backwards in the opposite direction of the gust, making it a decent horizontal recovery.
Up Special: Deku Flower - Deku Link dives down into a flower underneath himself. If used on the ground, it can be charged to launch him extremely high, possibly at the highest distance in the game, to allow him to slowly drift down with a pair of rotating flower helicopters. During this, he can press his special button to drop Deku Nuts which function exactly the same as the item in Brawl. However, his flowers eventually die out, leaving him completely vulnerable on his fast fall down. Additionally, it cannot be charged in the air at all, giving him only a minimal boost if used as a recovery. The flower-copter effect still take place however, making it compliment the Deku Leaf for giving Deku Link one of the best horizontal recoveries.
Down Special: Mask Change - Changes Deku Link into Goron Link.

Goron Link
Neutral Special: Megaton Hammer - Goron Link takes out a hammer and smashes it on the ground in front of him. It acts similar to a single damage interval like Donkey Kong's Down Special in terms of range and knockback. If the opponent is directly underneath the hammer hitting the ground, it buries them into the ground.
Side Special: Goron Roll - Similar to a heavier version of Sonic's Spin Dash, Goron Link curls up and begins spinning in place. Releasing the special button sends Goron Link forward, rolling around with spikes at an alarming speed. If the special button is pressed again immediately after being used, Goron Link rolls without spikes, which does no knockback and leaves him vulnerable to attack, but gets him across the stage rather quickly.
Up Special: Ground Pound - Goron Link heaves himself upwards curled up into a ball. It functions similarly to Dedede's Up Special, but has less height in general in exchange for a much more fast and powerful downwards fall.
Down Special: Mask Change - Changes Goron Link into Zora Link.

Zora Link
Neutral Special: Zora Boomerang - Zora Link shoots his fins like boomerangs. It is weaker than Link's and Toon Link's Side Specials, Zora Link shoots out two at once and each fin moves much faster than the other Links' boomerang.
Side Special: Hookshot - Zora Link whips out a hookshot and shoots it at an approximate 30 degree angle. If it hits an opponent in the air, it will pull them in, leaving them vulnerable to be combo attacked by Zora Link. This is especially useful as a high-risk edge-guard in the air, as it can lead up to meteor smashing an opponent trying to recover. If the tip hits a wall, it latches into it, letting Zora Link take advantage of it the same way Link and Young Link did in Melee.
Up Special: Electrical Aura - A veil of blue light surrounds Zora Link as he crackles with electricity. Zora Link spins upwards into the air as if swimming, having some horizontal control as he does so. Does a good amount of hitstun to the opponent, meaning that an opponent hit at the very end of the recovery is left vulnerable to a smash attack.
Down Special: Mask Change - Changes Zora Link into Deku Link.

Yes, I am fully aware none of the Link forms use a Deku Leaf, Megaton Hammer, and Hookshot. Since Smash Bros. is not canon and each of the items seem fitting enough for them, however, I figured it was a justified crime. Deku Leaf already has Deku in the name and fits in with Deku Link's natural moveset. Megaton Hammer was acquired in the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time, meaning that I think it wouldn't be too out of place for bulky, powerful creatures like the Gorons to be proficient with a bulky, power weapon like the Megaton Hammer. Hookshot itself follows the same logic for the Zoras, in that it was found in the water dungeons of OoT, MM, and various other Zelda games. They fit as specials and help differentiate the moveset from other Masked Link movesets, so I figured it was to my advantage to use them.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
I have to say the animations are hilarious (not in a bad way) especially when Zora Link uses the up special
But yea I'd really like this over Toon Link over again. Rather have a link that is barely similar to link (I think semi-clones are barely any better than clones especially toon link because all his special attacks are similar.)
(BTW I still can't stop laughing about Zora Link's up special)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This is one of the only characters I will support regard less of chances of being in. I just love the idea so much since I first started talking about it last year.
MM is my favorite Zelda game, and I think we need a small-link replacement that isn't similar to big-link.

EDIT: Speaking of, Nintendo made a post on Facebook acknowledging the appearance of a Skull Kid (MM) costumed person at their booth. They acknowledged MM, it makes me happy. Though, it's probably not significant.

skull kid.png

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Young Link

B: Hero's Bow (Fire and Ice): While charging Bow you can press left and right to change the arrow! Ice if fully charged will freeze enemies. Fire if fully charged will burn enemies.
>B : Deku Stick: Link will take it out of who knows where and will act like a beam sword. But after one hit. It will break. But if some kind of fire hits it, it will act like fire arrows. But can still only hit opponents once.
VB: Transform: Puts on a mask to become Deku Link.
^B: Magic Spin Attack: It can be fully charged with magic and shoot out some aura.
Taunt: Will play Ocarina.

Deku Link

B: Bubble: Will charge a bubble (SNOT) and shoot it afterwards.
B (air): Deku Bomb: Will drop a Deku Nut below... can stun enemies! (Can also be used while using ^B)
>B: Deku Nut: Will stun enemies.
^B: Deku Flower: Will be shot into the air while holding pedals.
VB: Transform: Will turn put on Goron mask.
Taunt: Will play Pipes.

Goron Link

B: Roll Out: Just like Jigglypuff's. But moves barely.
>B: Roll Out: Will charge up and if he moves enough his body will be full of spikes and do massive damage.
^B: Roll Drop: Will curl into a ball and bounce up. (I have no idea I just remember it in Majora's Mask. If you were in the ball you could bounce up)
VB: Transform: Put on Zora Mask.
Taunt: Will play Drums.

Zora Link

B: Boomerang Arms: If you charge they will go farther.
>B: Electric Charge: Will go forward surrounded in electricity.
^B: Twirl of Death: Will spin upwards.
VB: Transform: Will take off Zora Mask and become Young Link.
Taunt: Will play Guitar.

FINAL SMASH: Feirce Deity LINK
Young Link (or any of the other Links) will put on the Feirce Deity Mask.

B: Beam Fire: Will charge up a beam and fire it forward.
>B: Jump Attack: Will jump forward and strike. (Will also fire a beam)
^B: Ultra Magic Spin Attack: Will do more range than the Magic Spin Attack.
VB: (Will turn off Final Smash form if used) Oath to Order: Plays Ocarina of Time to call the Guardians (you know the 4 old guys)
Taunt: Will pull out Majoras Mask.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I know a Masked Link is unlikely, but id love to see this happen. If they could have a character in Smash from Zelda outside of the triforce wielders, I would be satisfied.
Sakurai has mentioned before that having 2 links is important. Im guessing it captures both the heroics of Link being older and the courage needed when hes young. That being said, Sakurai has always gone for uniqueness, and this may be the oppurtunity.
Not only would there be 2 links in smash, but it would also satisfy the uniqueness, as well as representing the supporting humanoid races which play a large role in the games.
The difficulty with multi - moveset characters is simply time and balance. Balancing between each moveset, as well as the rest of the roster, has proven difficult. The pokemon trainer im sure would be a similar situation to compare.

I dont think a link needs to be part of the character other than aesthetics. 3 movesets is alot, and a 4th which would most likely be a link clone. Only Deku, Goron and Zoras.
The moves for the 3 supporting races would be pretty easy to implement. MM showcased their possibilities time and time again, and each race could be unique in their own right.

The Deku would be light and floaty, quick attacks, easy to KO. He would play like Diddy Kong where it doesnt smash hard, but just wear you down over time.
The Goron would be heavy, slow and bad recovery, but smash hard and hard to launch. Sort of like Dedede or Bowser, but worse recovery.
The Zora would be in between, having ranged attacks and good smashes, but fairly light and an okay recovery.
Playing similar to pokemon trainer, you would have to choose the correct person for the correct situation, but im sure most people understand this.
Anyways, its wishful thinking, but a man can dream.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

I am Mega Bidoof!
Leader of the Revivers, sworn savior of threads that don't get the attention they deserve!
AND I HEREBY REVIVE THIS THREAD!!!!

I am now the owner of this thread.
The OP now has more detail, a list of all the Movesets made on this thread, and a supporters list!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom