• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I've gotta know though. PLEASE tell me the Volus Vanguard's charge is like Blanka's roll attack.
Lol unfortunately not, but because of the Orbs you'll be darting about the place anyway.

I think you might not need to spec into full shield regen on him because you can charge faster than your shield gate can recharge, meaning the small amount of shields you do regen don't do much without the gate, and anything that will kill you can just be blocked by your heavy melee.

So in other words I think I might spec into the 33% chance to not cause a cooldown now.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I came up with an idea for a character:

Collector Thrall Soldier:

Description:

The Collectors are an enigmatic race from beyond the unmapped Omega 4 Relay that possess bizarre and highly advanced organic technology, including chitinous armor and weapons unlike anything see anywhere else in the galaxy. They were recently discovered to be agents of the Reapers, husks created from the extinct Prothean race, and are infamous for their part on the abduction of dozens of human colonies in the Attican Traverse in 2185.

The Collector Thrall is a Collector Drone indoctrinated by the Leviathans, the Reaper's mysterious creators. With the power to enslave Reaper forces, the Leviathans have made several Collectors into disposable, but powerful, soldiers for the battlefield.

Health: 500
Barriers: 750

Dodge: Fly a short range using insect wings, similar to the new Turians dodge.

Melee: The combo attack all Collector troops have

H.Melee: A biotic pulse eminating from Leviathan influence. Similar to Asari H.Melee, depletes barrier.

melee/h.melee:

250/600

Enthralled Vision
Frag Grenade
Collector Web

Enthralled Vision:

Sense enemies through objects and deal more damage for a short period of time.

10 seconds cooldown
5 seconds duration
25% weapon damage bonus
15m vision range

2. Recharge speed 25%

3. Duration 30%

4a. Vision range +40% (6m)

4b. Damage 15%

5a. Recharge speed 25%

5b. Melee damage +50%

6a. Vision range +40%, Duration 30%

6b. Damage +20%

Collector Web:

Summon a protective web that slows and damages enemies.

14 seconds cooldown
1500 barrier
15% slowdown
100 damage per second
Duration 12 seconds

2. Recharge speed 25%

3. 10% slowdown

4a. Durability +40%

4b. Damage +40%

5a. Recharge speed +35%

5b. Detonate 600 5m radius

6a. Durability +40%

6b. Slowdown +25%, Damage +40%

Frag Grenade:

900 Damage
6.5m Radius

2. Max Grenades +1

3.&amp;nbsp;Damage +20%

4a. Damage +30%

4b. Radius +30%

5a. Max Grenades +2

5b.&amp;nbsp;50% bleed damage 5 seconds

6a. Armour damage +75%

6b. Shield damage +75%

Enthralled:

5% weapon damage
5% Collector weapon damage
10% power
10% weight capacity

2. 5% power

3. 5% weapon

4a. 7.5% weapon damage

4b. 10% power, 20% weight capacity

5a. 15% power

5b. 20% headshots

6a. -20% weapon weight

6b. 10% weapon damage, 5% Collector weapon damage

Fitness:

+15% shield and health
+15% melee damage

2. +10% shield and health

3. +20% melee

4a. +30% melee

4b. +15% health and shields

5a. increase melee 75% for 30 secs

5b. +15% shield recharge delay

6a. melee damage 30%, weapon damage +30% for 20 seconds

6b. +25% health and shields

I wanted Enthralled Vision to be like an Adrenaline Rush that lets you see through objects, so because of that it has a longer cooldown and can only max at 60% damage, with less sight range than Hunter Mode if you don't spec it for radius.

Collector Web acts like a wall that enemies ignore, but can destroy if they try to shoot you through it. It also slows and damages any enemy that walks into it.

With an Extended Barrel V, a CAR X, and all weapon damage bonuses, you'll be able to do 114.35 damage per bullet. And that's not counting the 60% bonus from Enthralled Vision, so that'd make him a decent user of the CAR.

So it's lore friendly, and frankly, I love the idea of playable Collectors.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm about to finally get into this series since I just snatched up the collection on Steam for $9.99!
Get ready for the endurance test that is ME1.

Terrible combat. Long elevator rides. Bad inventory system. To be fair though, the story is great. Seriously any complaints you have in ME1 are fixed in ME2, stick with it.

Also, make sure you get Liara before you go to Noveria and Feros.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Get ready for the endurance test that is ME1.

Terrible combat. Long elevator rides. Bad inventory system. To be fair though, the story is great. Seriously any complaints you have in ME1 are fixed in ME2, stick with it.

Also, make sure you get Liara before you go to Noveria and Feros.

But...but...the Mako! Hanging up on the Council!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh god the Mako. The only fun thing about it was you could drive it up cliffs.

And no one ever hangs up on the Council lol. Despite being somewhat unhelpful they do actually make valid points, there really is no defense against Saren's "We're allowing dreams as evidence now? How can I defend myself against something like that." The whole game is basically about being right but having little evidence to back you up.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Looks like all the ending controversy is blowing over as Escapist, the popular place with Yatzhee, voted ME3 their GOTY in a readers choice award. What makes it surprising is that place rips into ME3 almost as much as BSN, so it must've only been a vocal minority there.

So it's not only critics like Game Informer by the looks of it, regular players are finally getting over the controversy.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I never bought into the ending controversy to begin with. But in good news, having a bunch of gift cards, and all that let me get Tekken Tag 2, Soul Calibur V, and a $20 PSN points card for free, so I can go and spend the $14.99 and finally get to play Mass Effect 1 now. :bee:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I never bought into the ending controversy to begin with. But in good news, having a bunch of gift cards, and all that let me get Tekken Tag 2, Soul Calibur V, and a $20 PSN points card for free, so I can go and spend the $14.99 and finally get to play Mass Effect 1 now. :bee:
Yeah I bought a friend of mine, who just got an Xbox, the Trilogy. She said she's looking forward to it and asked me a lot of questions I'd never heard in a long time, like what do certain classes do.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah I bought a friend of mine, who just got an Xbox, the Trilogy. She said she's looking forward to it and asked me a lot of questions I'd never heard in a long time, like what do certain classes do.

And I'll finally get to see what all the big deal about Ashley being supposedly "Spacist" was.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
And I'll finally get to see what all the big deal about Ashley being supposedly "Spacist" was.
She is a Spacist *****.

I regret making her a love interest.

Like, in ME1, biggest reason I made her my LI was because of DAT ***.

Now? Liara has DAT MASS.:cool:

Of knowledge!

I'm totally a Tali fan though. I'm a nerd kinda a guy. So I'm all about the tech geeks (Liara/Tali).

But Liara was stupid annoying in ME1.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Really want to go through some post around here, but I know some must have spoilers!

Anyway, finally got through Mass Effect 1 and enjoyed most of it! The combat part of it seemed a bit wonky to me! Wish there were more auto-saves or checkpoints around so I wouldn't have to worry about getting gunned down and having to go through another 20 minutes of the same thing! Fortunately, that only happened once! The story and having to decided the dialog for your character is where it really shines! Really found myself hesitating when
choosing between killing or setting free the Rachni Queen
and
shooting Wrex!

Looking forward to Mass Effect 2, but it's gonna have to wait until I finish up some other Steam games!

Edit - Oh yeah! ELEVATORS!

NatP

Smash Ace
Looking forward to Mass Effect 2, but it's gonna have to wait until I finish up some other Steam games!
I don't want to rush you or anything but you really should start playing Mass Effect 2 while Mass Effect 1 is still fresh in your mind, it makes it that much better.

And also, Mass Effect 2 is one HELL of an experience, so yeah. :p

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Even though I'm only early early into ME1, I can say from someone that bought both ME2 and ME3 the day they came out for PS3 and has long since beaten them that I can totally understand and think I would've liked it even more had I played ME1 first.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Really want to go through some post around here, but I know some must have spoilers!

Anyway, finally got through Mass Effect 1 and enjoyed most of it! The combat part of it seemed a bit wonky to me! Wish there were more auto-saves or checkpoints around so I wouldn't have to worry about getting gunned down and having to go through another 20 minutes of the same thing! Fortunately, that only happened once! The story and having to decided the dialog for your character is where it really shines! Really found myself hesitating when
choosing between killing or setting free the Rachni Queen
and
shooting Wrex!

Edit - Oh yeah! ELEVATORS!
What did you do in both of those situations?

From now on I will spoiler tag all story related comments in all 3 games as well.

Atlus8

Smash Master
What did you do in both of those situations?

From now on I will spoiler tag all story related comments in all 3 games as well.
I
set the Rachni Queen free
and
Ashley ended up shooting Wrex when I tried talking it out!

Edit - Oh man! In the ending
I ended up attacking Sovereing instead of protecting The Council!
Why?
Cause screw them!
That's why!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I
set the Rachni Queen free
and
Ashley ended up shooting Wrex when I tried talking it out!

Edit - Oh man! In the ending
I ended up attacking Sovereing instead of protecting The Council!
Why?
Cause screw them!
That's why!
While I wont tell you the consequences of those actions, I will say that (ME1 spoilers)
Wrex can only survive if you have enough points in Charm or Intimidate (8 points I think). That's a choice you don't get to make unless you have the right stats.

Also play ME2 soon it really is fantastic. Also for ME2:

Get Zaeed (he's free with new copies of the game, but he's DLC)
Get Kasumi (DLC squadmate)
Get Lair of the Shadow Broker (you get Liara on your team temporarily and it's about the Shadow Broker, and it's arguably the best DLC in the entire series, definately top 3).

There is Arrival too, a post-final mission DLC that bridges the gap between ME2 and 3 which is brought up a lot in ME3, and Overlord, which is dark/horror like DLC that's really good but it's basically a self-contained story that doesn't really effect the overall plot.

NatP

Smash Ace
While I wont tell you the consequences of those actions, I will say that (ME1 spoilers)
Wrex can only survive if you have enough points in Charm or Intimidate (8 points I think). That's a choice you don't get to make unless you have the right stats.
Actually Wrex can also survive if you get his family armor back BEFORE Virmire. You won't even need Charm or Intimidate.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's not very well known because of the obscure things you need to do to achieve it.

Bioware do this all the time. For example there's romance dialogue between male Shep and Kaidan at the start of ME3 where they acknowledge their past relationship (even referring to Kaidan by name, so it's specific dialogue for him and not some interchangable dialogue between him and Ashley) despite the fact it's impossible to have a gay relationship previously without modding.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Speaking of romance, anyone got an idea or tips on how to initiate the scene in Mass Effect 1 where you have to choose between Liara or Ashley? (dunno if this scene plays out if you play as female sheperd and kaiden is your given love interest)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hm...not sure because I'm only at where you first get to the Citadel and meet the Consort. I've just put 3 points into Paragon (it's actually renamed to that in the PS3 version) right away and been as nice to Ashley whenever possible.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Balance changes, super buff to the Slayer!:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 15, 2013
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Raised Guardian point value from 400 to 450, kill bonus from 40 to 45, and the assist budget from 100 to 120.
- These are bronze values. Silver, Gold, and Platinum difficulties are, likewise, proportionally affected.

Phase Disruptor (Slayer)
Lowered the base barrier drained for Phase Disruptor from 50% to 40%
- Evolution 4 increases the reduction of Phase Disruptor from 25% to 50%

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That's a pretty cool buff and yay at it being a balance change now. Hmm...too bad I don't really use him and sometimes wind up having my builds different so that I don't have points in the evolutions the buffs help.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's because of Phase Disrupter using up his Barriers. It makes him feel squishier.

I expect the multiplayer DLC to be announced sometime within the first week of Feb.

Top Bottom