• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 19: Now streaming- June 5th - Framingam, MA

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Anyone got predictions for top placings in singles? Here's mine.

0. Zao
1. Bizkit
2. Bloodcross
3. Mikeray
4. TeeVee
5. Prawn/Ling
Kevin isn't going, he's going to MLG. Koolaid is going, though. I also doubt Ling is going, and if he is he'd probably get Top 3 easily imo.

Sleepers: Hink, Riot, Afro Desiac, SexKid ;)

Me and Mikeray already confirmed first for doubles, so no need for predictions in doubles.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking about going until I saw doubles was treated like a garbage side event. =/

Edit: The Snakes will be away at MLG? Now I can win singles. I'll talk to Izumi about going. Will both Bizkit and Fatal really be gone? If so, I'll seriously try my best to come.

Foy

Smash Champion
I was thinking about going until I saw doubles was treated like a garbage side event. =/

Edit: The Snakes will be away at MLG? Now I can win singles. I'll talk to Izumi about going. Will both Bizkit and Fatal really be gone? If so, I'll seriously try my best to come.
How the hell do you figure doubles is being treated like garbage?
I don't charge $10 a person for it, is that your reasoning?

-mattdotzeb

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That is side event pricing and makes it worth 25% of what singles is worth for the winners.

That is indeed treating it like a side event and not a real tournament.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
So basically we just sign up when we get there?
There's more to it than just going into the venue and signing up. Well first, you have to take part in a tedious survey of the fundamentals of your everyday life. Then you have to sign a series of contracts enabling you as an active member of the community. Next, you must sing the entire bible in order of Books from each Books of the Old Testament to the New Testament. And finally, you are obligated to punch Almo in the face. THEN you can "sign up" for the specific events you plan to participate in. And by signing up I mean giving Darc a BJ.

So Fatal

Smash Master
How the hell do you figure doubles is being treated like garbage?
I don't charge $10 a person for it, is that your reasoning?

-mattdotzeb
doubles is a joke at MM. 5$ a person AND 25% cut from the pot. I won like 17 each last event for first with like 8 teams. Still fun though

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Inui just knows he can't beat me and PK, and losing to a low tier would be all too shameful.

(reverse psychology'd)

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
can you just show up for the singles like by 1pm or so? Like I wouldn't have to stay for doubles if I didn't have to right? any big names going to be there?

Surrender

Smash Rookie
I may come.. I have never been to a tournament before.. is it hard? Are there really good people there?

Jtails

Smash Lord
ill be accepting mm's at this!
assuming i go.
blackanese and I could use a ride. we would pay for gas ^_^
we are from nyc. and can bring a wii setup.

Top Bottom