• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness Final: Game Universe: The Last Days. - Framingham, Massachusetts

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
If you come Friday or Sunday we would need full setups including TVs, Powerstrips and Games and Systems plz.

Elen thanks for answering for me.... Our warehouse is closed forever. Dave will be fine and will be moving on to something else not Game Universe related.

I am working on getting a good venue for the next Mass Madness. If you guys find something in brookline that's fine I will be in contact with you guys either way.

Also I am starting a 21+ Rock Band, Street Fighter, Tekken night in a Framingham bar called the Tavern. It is every Sunday night. It should be cool because beer + foodz + games = FUN!

If anyone can get a group of Smash players that are 21+ that want to attend every Sunday I would more than consider adding Smash to the list of games. I would need someone to bring a setup because I'm maxed out.

I would love to see you guys there!

I am not done with Game Universe yet and check back here for GU sponsored events in the future. Even though we don't have a storefront for now, I will still be doing some Tournament Organizing on my own check back for more info. Sponsors from GameUniCon are interested in helping with stuff as well!

We will see what happens. I am still hopeful to maybe open Game Universe again, however it's a massive longshot.

I love the Smash scene you guys have been amazing.

Thank you all for everything you have done for me and my store. It's been awesome.
First off, neat. Even though I might be the only SSBM player that's 21+ that's regularly available for stuff, I'd totally go.

Also, a long shot is WAY better than no shot. No shot is awful.

I can bring a powerstrip and a setup, minus a TV on Friday/Sunday.

Hope this works out for the best for everyone. :D

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'll try to stop by on Sunday.

I went to the very first "Monthly Mass Tourney" run by RedSoxFan and have been to most since. GU will be missed.
<ego>Pssshaw, I was going to tournaments here before the community showed up. I was the one who suggested the venue to RSF in the first place.</ego>

Does someone wanna be awesome and drive 3 hours to pick me up in NY, then drive me back later? It'd be awesome. I'll pay gas money in the form of cookies.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
That's pretty old school, but have you ever had a controller thrown at you by RSF?
I've teamed with RSF and watched him suicide 2 stocks on battlefield and yell at Matt.Zeb for pausing during a match later on and then unpausing to bair (which was avoidable) me for the stock.

Good times.

I wish I could go today, I'll probably call Roman or something after my doctor's appt. to see how late people are staying.

Roman/Yedi one/both of you should stay at my house tonight.

Sunday I'll be looking for a new car (hopefully).

No words can describe my thanks to GU for supporting Melee/Brawl and all other tournaments at the venue. It been the focal point of the NE Melee/Brawl regions to get better/have fun/ see amazing players. Not to mention the GU crew was chill.

Good Luck Jamie!

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I remember the Pause to Back-Air combo. That **** was so cash. I think everyone in the store heard that one.

Ah, those were simpler times. No economy bull****, no con artists, just good old fashioned video games.

<3 GU.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
That's pretty old school, but have you ever had a controller thrown at you by RSF?
That's pretty cool, but have you ever sat for 5 minutes after pausing the game when it affected nobody because he flipped a lid over it?

Side note:
Pause to back air is SO GOOD

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I remember 4 stocking cogsmooch in two falcon dittos the first time I played him.

<3

Gonna miss this place =(

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Got *****ed at by my girl for 'ditching' her to go to this and say bye to everybody.

You guys are lucky I love this community so much.

Edit: Shortly after posting this she called back and called me a d!ck.
@_______@

Prawn

Smash Master
Might be going, anyone know if any brawl players are showing up? :(

and Matt.Zeb is a ****. :O

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Got *****ed at by my girl for 'ditching' her to go to this and say bye to everybody.

You guys are lucky I love this community so much.

Edit: Shortly after posting this she called back and called me a d!ck.
@_______@
Relationship seemingly on the line now to go to this.
Show me somebody else with more dedication.
>_>;
Yikes. But, good **** for showing, yo. I hope that you two work things out, cause she's a cool person. And, you're a cool person.

Anyways, great matches tonight!

Shout Outs for Friday:
Riel: Down Throw Up Tilt GANONDORF ***** YOUR FACE!
M.Z: For showing, and for getting comboed by above.
Ellen: Cool matches, that was really fun.
Everyone Else: Great seeing you all, even if we didn't get to play. Tonight was good ****. And, hopefully, Sunday will be BETTER ****. More people will make for ultimate fun. Cause, today was so good.

Can't wait to see you guys Sunday. Be there, it's likely the last time we'll be at that location, so show up and remember how awesome this place has been to us.

~Omni~

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
If she breaks up with me I'll be back with her within a month, anyway.

Nah, she wont. I just told her to if she's really that angry and she hasn't replied. She wont.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
One day left.... GU is down to 1 stock!!!! :(

Oh well. Thanks guys see you tomorrow!!!!!

I'd like to mention that there is no tournament tomorrow just casuals.... so people don't think there's a tournament and get disappointed.

Top Bottom