• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
ICs and Falcon have similar problems, we get comboed easily and have crappy recoveries, both characters punish ******** hard for mistakes. I feel like falcon is better at it though because he has more range and more speed.

ICs have a LOT of weird tricks though so we are more unpredictable, I could go with Falcon = Ice Climbers on a character vs every other character basis but I dunno.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I think ic's punish harder than falcon for mistakes. Falcon's still have to tech chase and read after a grab, whereas IC's can grab to d-throw, d-air, repeat. And different grabs combos depending on the character.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Mewtwo > Kirby
Mewtwo = Yoshi

Jigglypuff > Luigi
Link > Kirby
Link = Pikachu
Peach >> Yoshi
Pikachu > Ness
Pikachu > Roy
Pikachu > Zelda
Samus > Mr.G&W
Samus >> Yoshi
Yoshi > Pichu

DK > Ness
Kirby > Ness
Marth > Luigi
Mewtwo > Zelda
Mr.G&W >> Kirby
Pichu > Kirby
Pikachu > Kirby
Pikachu = Young Link
Young Link > Kirby
Young Link > Roy
Zelda >> Kirby

I'll update the top section in a few days if we're solid on a few more match-ups.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Zelda = Mr.G&W

As much as I agree on this, I'm the only one to voice my opinion on this side, and basing it off of me might not be the best idea haha, other G&W/zelda mains wanna input on this?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
trying to pretend you were right isn't really trolling.
plus it's hard to have an "intelligent general discussion" about smash when you generally post something wrong or stupid then attribute being wrong to trolling.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10449338&postcount=5715

When did I ever say that not knowing a match up changes the way the actual match ups are? I said it CAN affect tournament play but that doesn't affect a match up chart. LOL.

All I was expecting in reply was something along the lines of "yeah, that happens from time to time but that doesn't affect match ups." and i would have been like "Yeah, pretty much."

but no, people can't function properly.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Zelda = Mr.G&W

As much as I agree on this, I'm the only one to voice my opinion on this side, and basing it off of me might not be the best idea haha, other G&W/zelda mains wanna input on this?
I just had that as a step in the right direction, but I noticed it already is =. I took it off.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I didn't see this coming at all. You, once again finding a post I make and trying to tear it down yet again and failing. Don't you ever have anything nice to say? I was starting to think you were a cool guy but.... here you go again. :) You do this on youtube too. LOL. Regardless of if Scar knows how to edge guard DK or not. WHO DOES? It's an uncommon match up.

certainly not this kid:

(Was going to link M2K Vs Bum on Fd but it got deleted.)

Do you know how to edgeguard Mewtwo? Pikachu? I certainly don't know how to edge guard a top level pikachu.

This guy knows what hes talking about

dairs on top of the stage are good against people who dont know what teching is. lol.
(long post i realize should be in pms)

*shrug*

hey, garrett, i'm glad you fell for my bait. you do this in ct player finder too LOL
when in my original post did i EVER disagree with anything other than your reference video? i agree with your post about DK and his recovery being underrated, i just stated that the video wasn't a good choice.

LOL GET TROLLED whoops, i forgot that i had an image ready for this. forgive me, i'm not very good at this.

anyways, i've also asked joot/jwt2k6 to post about gnw also. he's one of the few remaining people i see use gnw in tournament at all (and he has strange MU experience, like pikachu and mewtwo)

erm, the pikachu is -chad-, and the mewtwo is Iori.
both players have had phenomenal tournament results in the midwest as of late.

Skler

Smash Master
I'd say Link goes even with G&W. If G&W didn't have such a crappy shield and was heavier he'd beat Link by a lot, but as is he's a good moveset on a really crappy character. He outranges and outspeeds Link on everything, combos Link really well and edgeguards him. Link can combo him well but that's about it. Good thing G&W is bad!

That's pretty much the only thing I saw that I disagree with, and it's probably controversial. I think I'm the only Link who's played multiple G&Ws in tournament though. What a dubious honor.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Take this **** Icy and eat it.
LOL, haw Kaostar, I still agree with what I said.. I do still think it's in Mewtwo's favor, I always will.. ^^ Just showing some "Favoritism towards Yoshi"
Lol, no doubt your yoshi is tight, I watched you vids and I was smilin lol.

Get on aim sometime guy

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
falcon sucks because he gets super ***** by all the top tiers.

and then people tell us "oh man your character is so good"

when really they should be saying "oh man your character is fun to watch" or "Man its fun to play as falcon in friendlies"

fun and good arent the same thing.

falcon's 0-death combos are so ridiculously more difficult that any death combo that a top tier character has on him.

yes we all talk about how bad he is, but its because all you talk about how good he is.

posting like PC Jona up in this *****

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Falcon has extreme control of the match once he gets a hit and in an experienced and technically skilled player's hands can oftentimes get a kill off of that single hit. Falcon's weakness is his slow moves and bad approach which he makes up for by having the best dash dance and one of the overall best defensive games.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Falcon has.....one of the overall best defensive games.
Please explain thoroughly because i couldnt disagree more.

unless you mean he can dashdance camp most chars.
he has no options OOS and a bad CC game overall (everyone can cc grab so that doesnt count)

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
falcon sucks because he gets super ***** by all the top tiers.

and then people tell us "oh man your character is so good"

when really they should be saying "oh man your character is fun to watch" or "Man its fun to play as falcon in friendlies"
i strongly disagree

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Umm... CCing moves would depend on which matchup you are playing.. I mean you are trying to CC any of Ganons aerials for example then you are pretty much ****ed for example lol. You have to also pay attention which moves comes out as well.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ya i honestly dont know how falcon has "one of the best overall defensive game"

his defensive game blows.

fox/falco/sheik/marth/jiggs/peach/ganon
i'd argue have better defensive games by having some **** combination of awesome speed, projectile, options OoS, huge cc punishes, and moves that flat out beat people period.

john!

Smash Hero
well "the best defense is a good offense", so maybe that is what they meant. you can't just blindly approach falcon, because if you screw up then you will get *****. punishment is a huge part of why the tier list is what it is. every one of the characters, down to maybe samus or ganon, can punish you hugely if you mess up (if you're falcon).

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
ics jiggs fox and falco all punish better.

sheik too.

marth oos isnt that good, but do i really need to say more?

we're failing @ talking about the bottom 14 tier.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Id just like to say that Im happy with the completion of the M2 matchups. Get ***** other less important ****ty characters.

Probably only 2 left to discuss/finish. Yoshi and G&W.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The only characters that i think have stronger or comparable defensive games to falcon are fox and falco and marth behind falcon. Sheik isn't really defensive she just kinda makes a wall of priority and chokes out space.

being defensive is mostly just about being able to run away indefinitely.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol zelda is mad defensive. and Ganon son.

They dont run. They hold their ground and every now and again take some of yours. Thats what real men do!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ thats called spacing lol

and zelda should run a lot, she can't hold her ground very well at all lol

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Sveet, I understand your point and you're right about it, but you appear to not know what "defensive" means. you're using it to mean something like "evasive," and it's very confusing. yes, CF has a much better running away and evading attacks game than other players, but that's not really defense.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i don't think mewtwo has an advantage over gnw. mewtwo is pretty fat, and therefore has trouble with large disjointed hitboxes. mewtwo can kill gnw kind of early, but he's sooo fat

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
G&W has issues against baby shadow balls and can't recover m2, whereas m2 ***** recovering G&W's. M2 in air << G&W... for real... but m2 dtilt/grabs do a lot to G&W.

imo

m2 > G&W on FD/PS/DL64

= on battlefield?

G&W > m2 FoD/YS (maybe even >> O.o)

but with stage striking m2 is guarenteed no FoD or YS first match. I find it to be pretty even, the tail is actually good at comboing G&W, though G&W can get a fair > nair in a lot in mid low %'s

Screw m2 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom