• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATCH UPS....throw anything you got.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
WTF WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN DP? SUUUUUUUUP! I remember your Melee Mario! Amazing **** you got there!

Okay yeah and I'm heading off to discuss Pikachu.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Dang! It's been a while since I've been here! Hey, Ussi! Also, Mario vs. Peach in Mario's favor now? Sweet! Guess FLUDD is too much for her, huh? Guess Mario showed her why he's the man in the castle! *Grins with thumbs-up*

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dang! It's been a while since I've been here! Hey, Ussi! Also, Mario vs. Peach in Mario's favor now? Sweet! Guess FLUDD is too much for her, huh? Guess Mario showed her why he's the man in the castle! *Grins with thumbs-up*
Uh, I'm asking for input on Mario vs Peach. I really just hope I'm not the only one who thinks it's probably in Mario's favor.

I've played this matchup a bit at tournament and have done really well in it by the way...anyone else have thoughts?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
My friend plays Peach, so I'll give some input.

YOU CAN'T, ****ING, GIMP, PEACH WITH TOOLS! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! (FLUDD and Cape both send her upward, if you cape her jump beforehand (nearish to the stage) she can make it back easily due to how her Up-B works, darn floatiness.) Use aerials instead.
If they like to use the toad, draw it out, and CAPE. They take the cape damage + spore damage + increased KB.

FIHL works quite well on most of her aerials, but you usually can't follow-up, especially if she was floating. (I don't use it often enough though -_-',)

Get in her face, THE WHOLE TIME, and it's hard for her to get out of your range, just watch out for the Nair and Dair (What I typically see as a GTFO me move while fighting aerial Peach), and you should be fine.

The turnips are pretty easy to deal with, you can either fireball/cape/aerial/tilt/jab/fludd them. (Peach can do some messed up crap if you get hit by a turnip though.)

And for the love of god, don't get hit by a bomb-omb, it doesn't happen often, but it's scary as **** if they happen to get one in killing percents. (So... make sure you watch what they pluck)

Not really sure what the whole matchup result would be. But yeah, I'm tired of playing Peach.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
LOL Boss. And yeah, just be really annoying with Mario against Peach with FLUDD. It's so bad to her, man. I've done some crazy stuff doing that to her. Helps with uair set-ups, wiping out her turnips, and screwing her spacing. Make sure to FLUDD her! LOL.

Famous

Smash Champion
well just focus on putting as much melee mario into brawl mario and you will ****...lol works for me and famous....

Lol yeah, learning new things everytime we play...

On another note, never try to gimp Peach offstage unless shes recovering from below...Never try to punish her after she does a Fair(most good peaches do lagless jabs or grabs right after)

Utilt and Dair OOS works great for punishing Peaches Dair...

...Just stay away from her as much as possible and **** her when she makes herself vunerable...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Peach loses bad to MK and Marth because of their upBs OOS. It makes it very hard for them to approach because I guess they're approaching by floating. Lucky for us, our upB does the same thing AND our Usmash beats all of her aerials. I don't see this matchup being any worse than even especially since she can't kill and we can.

And she can't ****ing bucket brake w/ her light ***

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'm more afraid of that Fair. Usmash is usually easy to see coming. But yeah, it's sorta like ROB. Usmash >>>>> the rest of his KO moves but not easy to land.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea same here. Her f-air is something to worry more about. But Yesterday I died at like 96% from her usmash though, wtf. Lol.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It stales quick though. That's one reason why they can't kill. One of their staple moves is probably also their best killer. It's like if we had no better KO move than our Dsmash.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
And yeah, just be really annoying with Mario against Peach with FLUDD. It's so bad to her, man. I've done some crazy stuff doing that to her. Helps with uair set-ups, wiping out her turnips, and screwing her spacing. Make sure to FLUDD her! LOL.
Getting Peach wet...Ahh yes.

Probably Mario's greatest move ever. xD

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Get Peach out of the air and you have little to worry about. She isn't much without the air. Bair her whenever she jumps because its easy to tell when she's going too. besides, your bair is faster than her fair and trades hits with her butt(Bair). Up B OOS works against her dairs. Fireballs, fludd. Playing gay and defensive in general.

where are you BO X7?
Yea I've been a little more active around the rob boards lately. But I'm still here.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Peach loses bad to MK and Marth because of their upBs OOS. It makes it very hard for them to approach because I guess they're approaching by floating. Lucky for us, our upB does the same thing AND our Usmash beats all of her aerials. I don't see this matchup being any worse than even especially since she can't kill and we can.

And she can't ****ing bucket brake w/ her light ***
Peach was always a bit of a problem for me but once I got UpB OOS down with tap jump off it instantly became much easier. Usmash really beats ALL of her aerials? That's beast and a good thing to know. Thanks Matador. :D

I was playing this GnW with Link yesterday. I hit him with a fresh Fsmash around 140% from the center of SV heading left and he was able to bucket break and live. ._. So gay.

gantrain05

Smash Master
marios, u guys need to respect peachs ground game a little more, saying that if u can keep her out of the air you win isn 't really true at all, her jabs, all of her tilts and smashes are all quick enough to compete with mario on the ground, and he can't approach a ground peach by air because like almost ever other opponent her Ftilt/Fsmash is going to beat your Bair or Nair every time, her Dtilt sets up for combos at low percents, not to mention its not too tough to gimp mario as peach, one turnip will usually do it, if not she can just float near the edge until mario has to UpB and edgehog him.

although i do agree, mario can shut down peaches air game somewhat, and it can be frustrating, he doesn't completely shut it down. all in all i'd say this matchup is close to 50/50 maybe 55/45 either way depending on stage choice.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You do realize this never gets updated because Boss is more of a Melee player, right?
Besides, he has real life stuff to do and this can never be updated.

It's fairly old information, so don't take it at face value. We don't respect Peach as much because she never puts out.

gantrain05

Smash Master
You do realize this never gets updated because Boss is more of a Melee player, right?
Besides, he has real life stuff to do and this can never be updated.

It's fairly old information, so don't take it at face value. We don't respect Peach as much because she never puts out.
well its true, we have actually been seeing your brother while you were out >.>

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
well its true, we have actually been seeing your brother while you were out >.>
Maybe if you'd prepare a real meal with that frying pan instead of constantly using it to bash our faces in, we'd be more inclined to take you out.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
marios, u guys need to respect peachs ground game a little more, saying that if u can keep her out of the air you win isn 't really true at all, her jabs, all of her tilts and smashes are all quick enough to compete with mario on the ground, and he can't approach a ground peach by air because like almost ever other opponent her Ftilt/Fsmash is going to beat your Bair or Nair every time, her Dtilt sets up for combos at low percents, not to mention its not too tough to gimp mario as peach, one turnip will usually do it, if not she can just float near the edge until mario has to UpB and edgehog him.

although i do agree, mario can shut down peaches air game somewhat, and it can be frustrating, he doesn't completely shut it down. all in all i'd say this matchup is close to 50/50 maybe 55/45 either way depending on stage choice.
Yeah, Peach does have more range on the ground on most attacks. However the main problem is Peach is usually going to be the one approaching in this matchup since Mario is able to camp at a faster rate than she can.

Also, Mario's F-smash > Peach in terms of range. That will kill you at around say 80-90% if fresh depending on position.

Turnips NEVER gimp Mario. Mario's Up-B outprioritizes them, and Cape stalling protects him from them.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Way to post something on topic. :mad:

Not saying Peach's aerials are bad, but we're convinced that we have an overall advantage.
You can certainly rack up some damage with some, and rely on fair for killing, but once we learn to avoid that, you have fewer options. Mario was gifted with an overall good aerial and ground game. Peach has amazing aerials which makes up for her lack of groundgame. But of course, she has a few good options. We'll lovingly take you back now.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Yeah, Peach does have more range on the ground on most attacks. However the main problem is Peach is usually going to be the one approaching in this matchup since Mario is able to camp at a faster rate than she can.

Also, Mario's F-smash > Peach in terms of range. That will kill you at around say 80-90% if fresh depending on position.

Turnips NEVER gimp Mario. Mario's Up-B outprioritizes them, and Cape stalling protects him from them.
my point of gimping with turnip wasn't just throw a turnip and let it be, usually if your far enough out, i'll throw a turnip and FOLLOW it, if you cape the turnip you eat a Nair, if you don't your dead anyway. its not just the turnips, its what u can do after the turnips are thrown.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Peach's ground game isn't good enough to actually change the matchup like Falco's or something. Peach is most threatening in the air. Since we have a few viable options against her aerial game, I'd say we have a pretty decent matchup; even imo.

I can't think of a category where one shuts down the other.

Edit: lol Bo, how'd I catch you in post count?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Peach's ground game isn't good enough to actually change the matchup like Falco or something. Peach is most threatening in the air. Since we have a few viable options against her aerial game, I'd say we have a pretty decent matchup; even imo.

I can't think of a category where one shuts down the other.

Edit: lol Bo, how'd I catch you in post count?
Because you post like 10x more than I do, LOL.

Also Vato, I think I know the peach match up more than a lot of people.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Lol alright guys. We're all Mario players trying to work together to find out our true matchups. It's not a competition to see who knows about who more. lol

Let's try to keep this on an even balanced level and try to figure these out.

Respect for all the Mario players out there! :chuckle:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Because you post like 10x more than I do, LOL.

Also Vato, I think I know the peach match up more than a lot of people.
Nice new Avi & Sig Bo. Looks epic.

I think Bo meant that since he uses Peach as a second and has played most of the pros, he probably knows most about that particular matchup, which is likely to be true. Just like how I happen to play tons of Sonic players, lol.

Maybe we should get some Peach mains in here to see what they think? I doubt they'll go 50:50.

_clinton

Smash Master
Peach can move while pulling out veggies...when has Mario moved on the ground when throwing fireballs at the same time?

I think Mario has the + by just a little bit...not much though

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
peach can only move and pull turnips by running, Dtilt, or Free pulling. but Mario can jump and air control to shoot and position himself. i think 2 fireballs can be out by the same time peach can pull up one turnip too.... but since his fireballs drop and fireballs aren't too hard to avoid or destroy, plus Mario has a reflector, i don't think either side has absolute camping advantage maybe just barely depending upon whos the better camper.

i don't play this matchup enough to give any real imput though. the last few times i played a Mario it felt like a really even and fun match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom