• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread Export: Olimar

RichBrown

Smash Master
What they discovered is really stupid and shouldn't work, ever.

But it does, because my brain is programmed to fall for it :/

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
alright, as long as u promise to teach me everything you know about green text after.

No normal human would use green text so much, and so professionally as you do. There must be something I'm missing...

Jupz

Smash Master
Well you see the secret to making green text good is too add a little of your own flavour. You see instead of using the usual green text I use "seagreen" which is more unique IMO. And its essential to use a slightly different font (but not too out of place) to attract attention to your posts. It also works best with dark avatars/sigs.

I like what you've done with the green text in your sig. Limegreen is more unique. Bold and Italics help and I guess my only critique would be use a different font. Lol. But your purple name goes excellently with it and so does the toon link in your profile.

Green text ***** but it looks horrible in anything except the black skin lol.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Well maybe if you'd tell us wtf this secret olimar wrecking technique was, we'd be able to discuss on topic things.
You think?

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he said inhale wrecks 80% of oli's moveset, and you can gimp with inhale really easy due to olimars poor recovery. a long with the normal dedede damage builders and spacing and such.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Lol I told beef about it on AiB XD
It has nothing to do with inhale

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wow, I'd say the best part about this is that it doesn't rely on your opponents ability to predict, or yours for that matter.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
This needs to be copy/pasted into each of your own blogs or word documents...then CPU should edit that post to something else before the Olimar boards find it.
It won't make a difference. This is not a tactic that can be predicted and punished by Olimar as CPU clearly labeled out. Olimar simply has no options against this strategy, and when you mix this up with Seibrik's Oli approach, it makes their life very difficult, and they lose there largest top tier advantage.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
It won't make a difference. This is not a tactic that can be predicted and punished by Olimar as CPU clearly labeled out. Olimar simply has no options against this strategy, and when you mix this up with Seibrik's Oli approach, it makes their life very difficult, and they lose there largest top tier advantage.
Perhaps I've won a place in your heart as a Dedede with valid advice <3

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I'm well aware of this true fact. But it's better to be safe than sorry, no matter how difficult it is for Olimar to try to figure out something else. Just like I said to CPU when he gave me first this info... it's GOLDEN. It must not be found out no matter the circumstance.

And CPU.. I think you were just the messengerboy...and rather you helped out a little bit in this but Fiction did the most. ;) That's my theory. Edit that crap in about thirty minutes actually.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
I'm well aware of this true fact. But it's better to be safe than sorry, no matter how difficult it is for Olimar to try to figure out something else. Just like I said to CPU when he gave me first this info... it's GOLDEN. It must not be found out no matter the circumstance.
And if you guys need it again you can always hit me up on AiB

Jupz

Smash Master
I saved it anyway lol. But I think we should keep it anyway because I doubt any Olimars are gonna go searching through here.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I love all DDDs <3
I am personally in favor of Matchup based tier list, so I take matchups very seriously. Sorry if I offended you earlier. I was in no way doubting your legitimacy as a DDD, it started off as me asking for clarification, though admittedly, better words could have been picked than 'lol what'
I'll send this to Seibrik to tell the D3 backroom.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Atomsk may be the patron saint of the metaknight matchup but I proudly claim olimar

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saved it anyway lol. But I think we should keep it anyway because I doubt any Olimars are gonna go searching through here.
About that... ;)

For serious though, I'm surprised none of you guys knew any of this.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Lol even if any olimars saw my post there's no way to counter my strategy XD
You can just hope you get 4 purple pikmin or something

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So, why 55-45? What can the olimar stop you from doing in this strategy alone (not including Seibrik's included into yours)? Other than the damage you are racking up from the pikman, what risk are you running here by using this strategy?
Also, I think I may have just thought up a problem, if you forward tilt, and they whistle, they get their pikman back, and don't get hit by forward tilt.
1. Does it matter? Does this hurt your ability to abuse forward tilt?
2. How can we punish this, if at all? Inhale?

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
So, why 55-45? What can the olimar stop you from doing in this strategy alone (not including Seibrik's included into yours)? Other than the damage you are racking up from the pikman, what risk are you running here by using this strategy?
Also, I think I may have just thought up a problem, if you forward tilt, and they whistle, they get their pikman back, and don't get hit by forward tilt.
1. Does it matter? Does this hurt your ability to abuse forward tilt?
2. How can we punish this, if at all? Inhale?
The whistle takes as long as the ftilt so they can't punish you, I had an olimar try that. They get a good 30-40% on you on the approach, plus anything else they latch on you. They still get damage on you fast but they have trouble KOing especially since they can't get inside the ftilt without rolling.

Top Bottom