• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA: GamePad Returns! May 22nd

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yes, yes he did fatal

Gamepad good stuff in general, you guys do good work and i love your establishment, i commend you guys, and will support your tournies whenever possible.

Lower venue fee = higher turnouts, same thing with payouts to top 6

Bolt- do not change my seeding please, although you gave me a bracket that had better matchups for me, so in the end god humored me for not complaining about too much but accepting it. Mattyp asked me to help, and i always do a pretty good job.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Poyo - Good job, i wanna play you again sometime. I should've used mario :p
Maybe, I'm not gonna lie, I hate Kirby vs DK and I know Kirby vs Mario, mighta been worse for you.

Shoutouts time...I shoulda done this on my first post in this thread but w/e

1- Neo - Great set, you don't play gay or anything so it was fun as hell. I think you're MD/VA's most adaptive player too. I so wish that stone kill was saved XD
2- JuneBug - Good stuff dude, didn't really get to play or talk to you that much, but great Lucario as always.
3- Takeover - Patient player as always, sorry for always rooting against you, I'm just biased against Snake. Good stuff beating and outplacing Candy.
4- Korn - I wish we goto to talk more. Nice seeing you though.
5- Boss - I wanted to play youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!
5- Lie - Great MM, that $30 MM made me 30 times better I believe so it was worth it.
7- Candy - Good set, I need to learn Kirby vs Snake though, I didn't like going MK on Brinstar, but I tried my best to win.
7- Logic - I wanted to play you.
9- Poyo - Disappointed in you....You said top 8.....
9- Deez - Nice seeing you, cool as always. Good **** beating ESOJ :D
9- Speed - You had that match against June! You played so well D:
9- BMX - Fun set, I never knew what the matchup for Kirby vs Wario was, but I know it a lot better now.
13- Sin - Sorry we didn't get to MM but it was fun seeing you.
13- GIMR - You're mad good, you adapted to my Kirby and 3-stocked it o_O Sorry I had to go MK and Norfair, but you figured out my Kirby I believe so I had to bring out something fresh.
13- Tantalus - Nice talking to you.
13- ESOJ - We didn't get to do our MM :(
17- Aposl - We didn't get to do our MM :(
17- Lykeios - Didn't really talk to you much D:
17- Mattix - You lost to BMX? I can understand if it was teams, but you shoulda beat him in Singles.
17- Oath - I thought that was a friendly and you were saying it was an MM just to keep the TV XD
17- Taj - Don't quit smash...Please don't, you had one of your hardest MUs first round.
17- EE - Funny as **** like always LOL
17- Unknown - Didn't really talk to you
17- Night - Stop sandbagging D:
25- Noraa - Nice talking to you, by Inui logic your G&W is better than mine, well it probably is anyway since you put more time into him since he's your main and I main Kirby.
25- Bolt - Wanted to talk to you more.
25- Ham - We do look alike o_O
25- BTC - You're good, you should goto more tourneys.
25- SOVAman - Thanks for the coaching, it really helped me not choke.
25- Karcist - Olimar is good, quit him if you want (like I WANT to quit MK) but just know he's not a bad character at all
25- Pulse - GOOD **** BREAKING BOSS'S SHIELD :D
25- Sassy - I wanted to play you.
33- Monkley - DK is one of my least favorite MUs, don't lose to me with DK.
33- Zero - Didn't really get to talk to you.
33- HeavyD - Didn't really get to talk to you.
33- RCyclone - I didn't really get to talk to you, but I heard you and my brother ***** in team MMs, good stuff :D
33- Axel - Didn't really get to talk to you.
33- Pidgey - Didn't really get to talk to you, but awesome name :D
33- Yoho - Didn't really get to talk to you.
33- Louis - Didn't really get to talk to you.
33- Isaiah - Didn't really get to talk to you, but remove the "ah" at the end of your name and its a done deal :D
33- TKO - Yeah, you would **** as Squirtle if he was a solo character, hell he'd be my main along with Kirby if he was too. I wouldn't be using MK nearly as much then. Also Noraa and Taj are both better than what they were seeded, you had a hard losers bracket.
33- Daboy - Didn't really get to talk to you.
33- DPool - Didn't really get to talk to you.
33- Royal - Didn't really get to talk to you.

falco03

Smash Lord
1- Neo - Good **** beating me in winner semis........i will learn the match up and be back
2- JuneBug-didnt play you but you have came a long way and im almot there
3- Takeover - takeover your good now i remember when you were a scrubs.sighs......very good snake man
4- Korn -why are our matches so epic
5- Boss - why arent you reading me like before
5- Lie - step it up and make it to grand finals
7- Candy - step it up man me and sin beat you and june .........your post to be number 1
7- Logic - I wanted to play you......hmmmmmmm
9- Poyo -no exuses next time grand finals lol
9- Deez - if you beat june you couldve been in grand finals
9- Speed - You had that match against June! You played so well D:

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Tant for posting the full results. I didn't because 1. I usually don't for my SF tourneys because they're small so I forgot and 2. I've had little sleep and have been working my butt off the past few days. I had a show on Friday where I either played guitar, bass or acoustic or did vocals for 16 songs that lasted 'till 1am. On Saturday I was at this event all day, setting up and tearing down, and Sunday I had to be at church at 7am, play more songs, tear down and all sorts of other stuff. RL, FTW.

Thanks (for the most part) for not blasting my results page. This was my/our first big tourney I/we ran, so I'm still working out all the kinks.

And sorry for the confusion about the pots and the weird payouts. I'll get it worked out for our next tourney (which will be soon...)

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Korn: Sorry about the money man we'll get it figured out. Good **** with Chick Fil A. I like how you played Sin and then Deez back to back hahaha.
yeah.. that was real pain... .____. hopefully it won't happen again for a long time..

and I was sloppy about the money as well
but please whenever you have time, just send the money to me asap

4- Korn -why are our matches so epic
it wasn't epic.... it was just too ****ing **** close... :(
we better not play early again...... it's been like third time in the row i think.. -.-

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, I don't think Olimar is a bad character at all. I just do poorly with him. I do just as good with Samus and better with Snake/Wolf/Falco/MK. Maybe next tourney I'll go all Samus like I've been meaning to. I mean, if I'm not going to well the higher tiers then why not use a lower tier that I find more fun.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Trust me, I don't think Olimar is a bad character at all. I just do poorly with him. I do just as good with Samus and better with Snake/Wolf/Falco/MK. Maybe next tourney I'll go all Samus like I've been meaning to. I mean, if I'm not going to well the higher tiers then why not use a lower tier that I find more fun.
It's better to stick with one character and train that character. I don't recommend Wolf from personal experience.

Stick with Samus if you want. Winning isn't everything and Noid still beats a lot of people.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I went all Ness :/ I need to step it up :D

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Hi yall, sorry if i seemed kinda quiet or rude to anyone, i was sick. =(

Playing is hard, when ur eyes get watery and u have snot getting ready to come out ur nose. eeeeewww!!!!

Other than that, good **** to all i played. XD

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Karcist, just stick to one character. The more you switch, you'll never be able to familiarize yourself with how someone approaches you, how they'll react to a certain move, and you'll never be able to learn follow ups into even more combos after some basic combo that someone posted on the boards, never know how to deal with a certain play style someone uses exclusively for x character, or you'll get gimped by some method you've never seen before because it's the first time you've played x character in a tournament, etc.

imo-metaknight da bess.

Basic gameplay in a brawl match is made up of several variables that you won't learn if your character keeps changing, because then each match is completely different as well. You have to become familiar with everything for one character. Changing your character doesn't help -at all- against good players. Think of Ally's Captain Falcon, for a prime example. The reason he does so well with Falcon isn't because Captain Falcon has some special secret metagame with a bunch of move cancels and **** that increase his win ratio. It's because Ally knows how people are going to play against his Falcon(how they'll start off a match, what ever the opponent character can do after getting hit, what the opponent is going for during the match, etc), gaining that knowledge after playing it for awhile in several friendlies, and I guess even tournament matches(recently playing Captain Falcon against M2k in grand finals, low tier tourneys, etc).

Also, good **** to everyone who went..

Neo, I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish.. But Forte's hair definitely had the best metagame of all time. Of all time.

Add-on.. GOD DAMMIT PS.

o_Pulse_o

Smash Apprentice
1- Neo $276 - Reppin' that Marth! Glad to see one of my Marth brethren win the tourney
2- JuneBug $92 - Nice to talk to you! Next time, we must play!
3- Takeover $46 - Gettin' that Jailbait!
5- Boss $11.50 - Definitely a GG. I wish I could play like that all the time.
7- Logic - Good seeing you again man.
9- Poyo - Good job Poyo, your getting better everytime I see you.
9- BMX - Good job in Doubles man, we gotta go to haven and hang out again.
17- Aposl - GG, I'll learn the MU then we can rematch
17- Lykeios - I see you.
17- Mattix - Yet another good Marth Player
17- Oath - We need friendlies
17- Taj -Friendlies!
17- EE - We need to go to wal-mart again
25- Bolt - Teams sometime?
25- SOVAman - SOVA!
25- Karcist - We need to step it up man!
25- Pulse - This guy
25- Sassy - Nice talking to you
33- RCyclone - keep practicing man.
33- Pidgey - keep training with your bro and youll get better in no time

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman

I had a great time even though I thought I would place higher. xD

Shoutouts:
3- Takeover - Good games. :V I was looking forward to our set the most to see how well I knew the Snake matchup.
9- Speed - Very nice Sonic you have. Too bad we only got to play in doubles, I need Sonic practice. :p
17- Oath - I will get you next time but until then good games.
25- Noraa - Nice to finally meet you. Too bad we could not get some friendlies in.
33- Monkley - We should have had some friendlies early on. All you were doing was standing around. :p
33- RCyclone - Thanks for teaming with me. We did quite well for not teaming before. Sorry for KOing you so much though. D:
To all others I played, good games. ;)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Bolt- do not change my seeding please, although you gave me a bracket that had better matchups for me, so in the end god humored me for not complaining about too much but accepting it. Mattyp asked me to help, and i always do a pretty good job.
Don't Seed yourself a 9 then when there are better players in the tournament. Just being fair.

25- Bolt - Teams sometime?
Mmmm probably not. :/

:(

I would have stayed if I had an option man.
GLERR

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
9- Poyo: Hey man, you've definitely gotten better since last time I saw you. I wanna see you in top 7 next time.
9- BMX: lol, I raged a little bit after our set. Freaking white pikmin XD
25- Bolt: Your Diddy was definitely on point in the crew match. I honestly don't know if it's fair to say I performed poorly or that you just performed really well.
25- Ham- Keep it up brother, you didn't do too badly.
25- BTC- Your peach is legit
25- Karcist- This guy....
25- Pulse- Indeed we do need to step it up
25- Sassy- EPIC ZSS on Samus match.
33- Monkley- I didn't see you man, we'll have to play next time
33- Axel- You're a really good up and coming player. I can see you doing well in the future.
33- Pidgey- Keep it up other brother. You had a difficult bracket man.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman

33- Monkley - We should have had some friendlies early on. All you were doing was standing around. :p
Yeah, I'm sorta shy until i get a grasp on my surroundings and what's going on or who people are heh. Sorry if i was rude or anything ><

@karcist, i talked to you a little, said i wish i could play samus :p I need to be more aggressive in playing people... I just kinda wait for people to say "lets play a game"

Hope to see everyone again at the next one?

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm sorta shy until i get a grasp on my surroundings and what's going on or who people are heh. Sorry if i was rude or anything ><

@karcist, i talked to you a little, said i wish i could play samus :p I need to be more aggressive in playing people... I just kinda wait for people to say "lets play a game"

Hope to see everyone again at the next one?
Lol, you were not rude. :p

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Don't Seed yourself a 9 then when there are better players in the tournament. Just being fair.

GLERR
There weren't. And I placed that of which a 9 seed would have gotten anyways (13th). You really think Oath/Mattix are obviously and concretely better than me? I beat Oath, and outplaced Mattix. Oath and I are 3-3 and Mattix and I are 2-2. I don't think it's fair to say that they are better than me- we have an even score and I out placed them. I've done it before too.

Lykeios

Smash Apprentice
There weren't. And I placed that of which a 9 seed would have gotten anyways (13th). You really think Oath/Mattix are obviously and concretely better than me? I beat Oath, and outplaced Mattix. Oath and I are 3-3 and Mattix and I are 2-2. I don't think it's fair to say that they are better than me- we have an even score and I out placed them. I've done it before too.
Metaknight da besssssssssssssss

mattstever2009

Smash Cadet
Why is my name even in this lol.... no offense but keep yall bizz between yall... i didn't ask for any seed an i prefer whatever normal seed i'd get anyway until i prove myself... but as for usin my name to help prove a point... no sir... not that i don't understand your point tho... <3 tant

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, what was my seed? 5 or 6? That's the range I'm assuming. I mean I think I did better than what a 5 or 6 seed would be expected to place, but I still think thats what I was seeded.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow, awesome job, NEO! I'm glad you played well for once. :p

What's with the massive amount of money for 1st place? Seems kind of unfair...

The doubles god of MD/VA did well in singles. :bee:

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
gg's everyone..
After not playing much for two weeks, Neo really showed how rusty a really was..
No johns though I did not play good anyway & he was on point the whole set.
Btw what was the set count in grand finals between Neo & June??

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Set count was 6-5 over all takeover

Mattix I love you my man the reason your name was brought up is because bolt said you were better than me and that's why he lowered my seed.

Top Bottom