• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
The most recent results I see for travis are chus dojo white belt 9th ,brawl at the mall 9th, and herb 33rd. We didn't look at any results for 2008 since they're pretty much obselete, and tournaments very early in the year are looked at, but they don't carry as much weight as the most recent tournaments. I admit overlooking him simply because he doesn't go to much. looking at EE, he stepped it up majorly at apex, but still underperforms at the local events. Looking at Turbo, its possible he doesn't have enough activity for the 15th spot and the list may have to be updated.

hova

Smash Champion
can someone make a MD/VA inactive banner with Travis/Chinesahh included??

i also think Blues should be higher

Lobos

Smash Master
Its hard not to spam a big ****ing bird that takes up half the stage. When all he does is sit there, takes it, and tries to grab. 3-1 sir

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Says the person whos main forces the other player to camp him....Oh wait XD

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
two questions....
who was on the panel that made this list?
and does someone have tourny result links for the torunies in 2009? if not, its kinda hard to prove cases of where people should be ranked higher

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
techincally i got 65th at apex... and if lain wasn't in my pool i would have gotten 1st seed by 2-0 everyone and your list is wrong

beat g-regulate
beat chu-dat
beat hat
beat slik vik
and now beat forte

those r the people above me that i have beaten

ad this still didn't answer my question... nor does that seem like justified reasoning if that was how spots were selected

meepxzero

Smash Master
eh just do better when they update it ps.

I remember i wasnt even put on the md/va melee power rankings and they even put blues on it lol.

I was definitely a better ic player than blues, but yea its in the past and i didnt really care.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You guys should update every month (not every 3 months).

There are enough tournaments to do that. Plus I'm assuming there was a social group for the rankings, this isn't like the old days where it was tedious to get this stuff done.

For me (I'm not MD/VA right now though):

1. Omni - haven't played
2. Meep - beat once
3. Candy - lost twice
4. Chudat - haven't played
5. Neo - haven't played
6. Boss - haven't played
7. G-reg - lost once, beat in MM once
8. Forte - haven't played, teamed with twice
9. Korn - haven't played
10. SlikVik - haven't played
11. Hat - haven't played
12. P~S - haven't played
13. Kadaj - haven't played
14. Esoj - beat once
15. Turbo - beat once, lost once

I'm hoping I'll get to play all of you guys at some point this summer. <3/Miss MD/VA.

Also you guys should put character pictures next to players names like this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235221

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I know it doesn't matter and everyone knows, but is it possible to put the player's mains next to their rank? Just a suggestion...:p

Anyways, I like the list if my opinion matters to anyone. Now I have a goal to go towards :)

EDIT: nvm AZ already said it <__<

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I do contest turbo at 15th. While turbo is amazing, lets look at his results compared to someone I know the results of right off the top of my head, EE

BTYF, Turbo- Didn't get out of pools, EE- 25th (tied in teams at this event)
Gamepad Turbo- didn't make it to the event, EE- 7th
Chu Dat DOJO- Turbo- 7th, EE- 13th (Turbo was 3rd in teams, EE was 13th)
Chu Dat invitational bi-weekly- all i can remember is that EE/Jose got 3rd in teams, Turbo/Gonzo got 5th, i don't think EE entered singles, but turbo did and didn't place well, he did ok in brawl+ though
APEX- Turbo- didn't make it out of pools, EE- 33rd

Hmmm i mean, it seems like there could be a lot of people in that 15th spot if all it takes is a good finish once in a while. I don't think turbo really cares about this list much anyways. This isn't any offense to turbo! Don't take it! I just think that the results don't seem to add up. We'll see the next one how that turns up. I think Plank/Hova were active enough to make the list.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
As of last weekend's tourney, it's looking like lots more people will be active that should be ranked...You guys should post a new list every month or two to keep it current. I'm very interested to see the coming changes.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
PS: The Power Rankings are based on tournament rankings mostly. Who you have beat (or have been defeated by) usually comes into place when it is difficult to find the order for certain people who rank near the same proximity. Don't listen to Plank; he sucks.

Honestly, I had nothing to do with 11-15. I think Top 15 is too much and it becomes extremely difficult to accurately judge the order of these guys since their results are normally the most inconsistent.

Oh, and we will still be updating every 3 months. Changing the list after possibly having only 4 legit tournaments would be tedious.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i agree with the list for the most part and that you cant put inactive people on it, im just saying i can come to tournies and **** basically whoever i please on there with only a few exceptions =P

Top Bottom