• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
so i told candy our current pr and he almost vommited! and then i told him about md/va's placements at ktar5 and then he actually did vomit! candy wanted me to tell everybody in md/va to step it up big time

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
tell candy we'll all step it up if mlg picks us back up XD
and 9th, 9th, 7th isn't that bad outta like 120 people just saying

p.s. tell him bedehh

deez/omni
its really not a ***** mood if you got o a huge toruny, and get sent to losers by arguably the best player in the word, and your mood is killed for the rest of the tourny and the next couple of days.
sounds to me like a wise decision and a way to stay motivated

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
so i told candy our current pr and he almost vommited! and then i told him about md/va's placements at ktar5 and then he actually did vomit! candy wanted me to tell everybody in md/va to step it up big time
Tell him AROOOOOOO for me.
tell candy we'll all step it up if mlg picks us back up XD
and 9th, 9th, 7th isn't that bad outta like 120 people just saying

p.s. tell him bedehh

deez/omni
its really not a ***** mood if you got o a huge toruny, and get sent to losers by arguably the best player in the word, and your mood is killed for the rest of the tourny and the next couple of days.
You should still at least try. If you want to get better then you have to play better players. Then you have to challenge yourself by playing people better then you. This is competition in general.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
I said this to someone and I feel like I should say it here... This region is a joke. Ppl don't live close. Money is an issue and smashfests are a rarity... And some ppl just want to MM which in my opinion doesn't always make it fun... Sure you want a challenge but it's not fun having to worry if you have money for later

:phone:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
imo only a few people are really in it for the money besides people who quit that just don't think it's worth it anymore.

Money people are like: Logic, Lie, and Neo imo. Not trying to start anything, just judging from what I've seen.

On another note, I love the abundance of metaknights in the top 20.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
LOL, not many people are in it for the money. There are only like 20 active people in this region right now. There's no money incentive.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
luckay is right, thats why i split at events, cause i'm all about the money :D

and real talk. for me at least, its equal. i when i care, i'm playing for the money and for the love of the competition. and when you make money after having a lot of competition, its like a high. thats the best way i can explain it. however, when i don't care and i'm in a ****ty mood, its only for the money. if you see me after loss's at most events i'm all emo and depressed, normally for the next coumple of days, that doesn't happen if your only playing for the money. thats happens cause of actually having a passion for the game (and an utter disgust for losing).
so yea, just saying

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
First gimr, by money we don't just mean tournament winnings and 20 ppl can = a easy 200 well less for top 3 lol.

Second ps... Seriously just because you split doesn't mean you aren't for the money lol. Just means you
A) Are being lazy and don't want to play it out.
B)The person is good so dont possibly want to lose more money than you should.
Or C) playing 5 matches is more work than it needs to be which in turn could lead to losing first place off hand, so mental state = tired and not willing to play more (which really goes with A lol).
There was another reason but I forgot so I'll get back to you pps :8

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Lol at items, Im not in it for the money. :/ I wish I could travel around more, I wish I lived in a better part of this region tbh <_<

I need more match up experience.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I think he was agreeing with me renan lol. Another thing is people who don't use their main or play as hard as they can in friendlies and only do it for money matches. That's like straight up telling someone I won't teach you how to vs x character unless you pay me.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
I think he was agreeing with me renan lol. Another thing is people who don't use their main or play as hard as they can in friendlies and only do it for money matches. That's like straight up telling someone I won't teach you how to vs x character unless you pay me.
idk first sentence sounded sarcastic lol so meh

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Omni- Please come back to brawl for good..
I'm here. It's just girlfriend johns. I'll tell her I need to come to more tournies, tho'.

Omni..... why don't you make let's play series on 'Einhander' ....great game :/
I'll put that on my list, guy.

I wanna' speak with Candy. :(

deez/omni
Wtf dude? No johns. Stop being a lil' *****.

Not trying to start anything, just judging from what I've seen.

:glare:

---------

So who wants to play tomorrow? I'll probably be at Aposl's place as usual. I wanna play more people tho'. Playing a Pokemon Trainer and Olimar/Backup MK gets boring mad fast.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
or people are trying to practice another character so that they can be tourny viable. people really need to stop being so selfish wanting better players to be one character to give THEM practice as if the other player doesn't have of goals/obligations other than to get you better

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
imo only a few people are really in it for the money besides people who quit that just don't think it's worth it anymore.

Money people are like: Logic, Lie, and Neo imo. Not trying to start anything, just judging from what I've seen.

My competitive drive is higher than yours will ever be, money or not.

You won't ever be on my level in this game, money or not.

The next time you see me in person, ask me if I meant this post.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol lukkay just said he quit brawl due to hes scared to Neo in person.. lmaooo ahhaha- Deez

first of all, my competitive drive is what keeps me going to tournies... regardless if i think i'm going to win or not. I get bored playng the same match-up. friendlies are friendlies... no pressure at all really unless it high level of play.. i.e me neo,June. -lie

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'm tryna brawl if you guys are serious about making MD/VA amazing again.

Need moar smashfests/tourneys

Omni

BRoomer
no one tryna play your Mario

how about u get serious about tryin to make MD/VA amazing first *oh snaps*

ill be at aposl's after 3 today. lie u need to come on through

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
People need to stop judging people with little to no evidence to back it up. To blatantly say " I think x,y, and z are in it for the money" is just silly if you're not gonna say why you think that. Also, some people mm so they'll play at their best not because they're pressed over 5 bucks.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Brawlz today? I'm free today and this entire week till Friday. Caitie is also back in Md/Va for the summer and wants to brawl sometime with Md/Va again.

When I play MM's it's either for money (against people I know I can beat) or for more experience and to learn matchups better. Like I MM'd Dabuz for less (2$) knowingly I was probably not going to beat him (Especially when I was cp'd to cs and I don't know how to play olimar there). I MM'd KingK with a goal of gaining 5$ after losing 2$ to Dabuz.

The person I like to MM the most in Md/Va more for experience and to make him try/have an incentive to win is Lie.

Omni

BRoomer
Where does Aposl live?
Laurel.

Brawlz today? I'm free today and this entire week till Friday. Caitie is also back in Md/Va for the summer and wants to brawl sometime with Md/Va again.

When I play MM's it's either for money (against people I know I can beat) or for more
Ask Aposl if you can come over. I'd expect he won't be okay with having a crapton of people over but you can always ask. I'm going simply 'cuz I don't want to be at my house + it's close to my job.

I do wanna' get some matches in with you, tho'. My MK/Falco/Fox is itching to 3 stock dudes.

---------

@Noid: Hey, I heard you're finally deciding to step it up and switch to an actual good character. True or false?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
My competitive drive is higher than yours will ever be, money or not.

You won't ever be on my level in this game, money or not.

The next time you see me in person, ask me if I meant this post.
Aight, I've actually haven't had the chance to play you yet either so I want to vs that Marth.

Lol lukkay just said he quit brawl due to hes scared to Neo in person.. lmaooo ahhaha- Deez
uhhh??? I've tried to quit this game before, it's too fun.

People need to stop judging people with little to no evidence to back it up. To blatantly say " I think x,y, and z are in it for the money" is just silly if you're not gonna say why you think that. Also, some people mm so they'll play at their best not because they're pressed over 5 bucks.

I mean Logic already admitted his reason. If you condone splitting or forfeiting you're not playing the game just to play it anymore lol. Lie dropped junebug for m2k for obvious reasons. I don't know Neo, but I just mentioned him because he didn't go to ktar and took first at that hagerstown event lol.

Inferno3044

Smash Master

When I play MM's it's either for money (against people I know I can beat) or for more experience and to learn matchups better. Like I MM'd Dabuz for less (2$) knowingly I was probably not going to beat him (Especially when I was cp'd to cs and I don't know how to play olimar there). I MM'd KingK with a goal of gaining 5$ after losing 2$ to Dabuz.

The person I like to MM the most in Md/Va more for experience and to make him try/have an incentive to win is Lie.

IceDragonWarrior17 speaks

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman

Now your just starting to sound like lie... If you wanna be good at this game you need to be able to play good all the time not just when there is something on the line... Sure the money is an incentive but still its called a game for a reason.(imo)

Oh and yeah trust me... They are pressed for those 5 dollars lol. Its their meal from mcdinners dollar menu

Top Bottom