• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
all i here is johns

[yt]gMqubROAbcw[/yt]

my argument was you getting better to face M2K. that ain't gonna happen by switching to MK. not this late into the metagame where MK mains have had 2+ years of all across the US/World MK ditto training.

^not true at all, the "obtainable level of MK" is based on the players dedication

broken is broken

mk doesn't become less broken just because you haven't put time into him yet, he's still mk

anybody willing/wanting to win can be effective with metaknight

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
this isn't anything you don't already know/didn't know going into the match tho PS, MK won't be banned so you/i/anyone who doesn't main MK need to either make our own mains gameplay frame-to-frame tight and/or develop an MK on the level of our main and other MK mains
this is EXACTLY what i told him.

he either needs to get on that Japanese Olimar level or he needs to get an MK that will be good enough to beat M2K's MK

and i told him the latter ain't possible unless he travels the damn planet getting a plethora of training in it. the only person who never used MK extensively who has been able to PICK UP MK to battle and beat M2K was Ally.

realistically the best chance for him to get better is to step up his Olimar game. M2K is use to destroying everyone's pocket Metaknight. and no offense but i dont think u [PS] have the talent nor the resolve nor the time to work as hard as Ally had and achieve that kind of success

^not true at all, the "obtainable level of MK" is based on the players dedication

broken is broken

mk doesn't become less broken just because you haven't put time into him yet, he's still mk

anybody willing/wanting to win can be effective with metaknight
i don't believe that. you can have dedication, but if u don't have the things i explained above (time, talent, and resolve) then it don't mean squat.

and at this point in the metagame you have to get MK to a high level to even compete with top level players. if u sit here and tell me that you think PS can eventually beat M2K by training up his MK then i'd say you should go into comedy

cuz that's funny

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
this is EXACTLY what i told him.

he either needs to get on that Japanese Olimar level or he needs to get an MK that will be good enough to beat M2K's MK

and i told him the latter ain't possible unless he travels the damn planet getting a plethora of training in it. the only person who never used MK extensively who has been able to PICK UP MK to battle and beat M2K was Ally.

realistically the best chance for him to get better is to step up his Olimar game. M2K is use to destroying everyone's pocket Metaknight. and no offense but i dont think u have the talent nor the resolve nor the time to work as hard as Ally had and achieve that kind of success

i don't believe that. you can have dedication, but if u don't have the things i explained above (time, talent, and resolve) then it don't mean squat.

and at this point in the metagame you have to get MK to a high level to even compete with top level players. if u sit here and tell me that you think PS can eventually beat M2K by training up his MK then i'd say you should go into comedy

cuz that's funny
M2K started out as a nobody with no talent in melee and managed to surpass what was considered the 'best marth of all time' sheerly through hard work and dedication

it's a game with limits, you or any person can't make the game move differently than it allows

kind of stupid *** attitude is that

a "high level" MK is much more obtainable than any character in the roster IMO, regardless of oversaturation

Omni

BRoomer
M2K started out as a nobody with no talent in melee and managed to surpass what was considered the 'best marth of all time' sheerly through hard work and dedication

it's a game with limits, you or any person can't make the game move differently than it allows

kind of stupid *** attitude is that
yo neo are you listening to what i am saying?

reread what i said. it's possible, but I don't think PS has what it takes in regards to all the aspects involved.

m2k put in thousands of melee hours. thousands. his gamecube system w/ melee was max'd out in regards to play time. and this dude didn't go to sleep night before tournaments and stayed up till 8 in the morning practicing his tech against a LVL 1 Fox/Marth/Sheik, etc.

with everything considered do u actually think PS can obtain a Metaknight to beat M2K's Metaknight?

im not talking about a 'high level' MK. im talkin about an MK that can beat M2K's. that's what PS' goal was.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
yo neo are you listening to what i am saying?

reread what i said. it's possible, but I don't think PS has what it takes in regards to all the aspects involved.

m2k put in thousands of melee hours. thousands. his gamecube system w/ melee was max'd out in regards to play time. and this dude didn't go to sleep night before tournaments and stayed up till 8 in the morning practicing his tech against a LVL 1 Fox/Marth/Sheik, etc.

with everything considered do u actually think PS can obtain a Metaknight to beat M2K's Metaknight?

im not talking about a 'high level' MK. im talkin about an MK that can beat M2K's. that's what PS' goal was.
i get what you're saying and -i'm- saying that's the problem with the community and that's why everyone gets dominated by M2K.

you don't think ps has the talent to beat m2k with mk, i don't think you have it. are you just going to not use MK vs m2k when you play him? i just think it's a stupid way to view things if the point of entering a tournament is to win the entire tournament

sure no ones practiced to his extreme, but it's evident in tourney sets that some of these *****s just str8 up aren't practicing. it's way more people not going at all, let alone going in.. and going in like jason does is just not of this earth (in most people's eyes)

i don't have a lot of hobbies and i'm jealous of his money, so **** all that - i want it rofl (**** coming soon)

edit; jason is also significantly worst overall at the game in comparison to his prior self, so ALL IS RIPE FOR THE PICKING

i don't see him regaining the fire, and i like this very much

double edit: i want an ICs

Omni

BRoomer
nah, dog. i said talent in combination of other realistic aspects such as time and resolve. that also includes the ability to travel the US and get that MK experience. don't cut and paste portions of my argument cuz that changes the meaning

but yea man i just dont agree with you. you've got a very idealistic approach about the game whereas mine is more realistic. its 3 years into the metagame. only 1 person has managed to beat Jason in the ditto since. show me a random novelty main pick up MK and beat M2K and i'll give u my first born daughter

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
nah, dog. i said talent in combination of other realistic aspects such as time an resolve. that also includes the ability to travel the US and get that MK experience. don't cut and paste portions of my argument cuz that changes the meaning

but yea man i just dont agree with you. you've got a very idealistic approach about the game whereas mine is more realistic. its 3 years into the metagame. only 1 person has managed to beat Jason in the ditto since. show me a random novelty main pick up MK and beat M2K and i'll give u my first born daughter
i feel like realistic in the case you're talking about is subjective though. i don't put m2k or anyone on a pedestal anymore, there's no reason to. certain people are more talented than others in some cases (ally/anti) and other people have just put a **** load of time into the game (maybe melee included) to give them the edge (m2k/adhd)

and while styles in the ditto vary from coast to coast/person to person, everything NUMERICALLY has an answer. that's the way jason plays and that's why he destroyed everyone the first time around for the most part. that just goes back to putting work in

everybody has to start somewhere i just feel like your approach is more defeatest (and common) than "realistic"

and i'm not talking about just ps in this case i'm talking about everyone in the community, that is the main issue and that's why jason has been dominant for so long. people are catching up though in the MK department while he's slippin

also in reference to my earlier post about going to tournies to win, i'm not going to CoT5 unless i'm confident i can win the whole ****ing thing. we'll see when it comes around

tldr; GO FOR THE THROAT

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
omni, anti has done it also :D

and based on your logic, i won't beat you with mk ever because you have 2+ years of experience.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

and based on your logic, i won't beat you with mk ever because you have 2+ years of experience.
while i think omni's logic is off, he's right that you don't have a WINNERS attitude

stating mk should be banned because you got 3 stocked doesn't change the fact that

1. you knew this before playing m2k

2. you made very bad decisions the entire game, against your better judgement

Omni

BRoomer
i feel like realistic in the case you're talking about is subjective though. i don't put m2k or anyone on a pedestal anymore, there's no reason to. certain people are more talented than others in some cases (ally/anti) and other people have just put a **** load of time into the game (maybe melee included) to give them the edge (m2k/adhd)
i agree, but you can't deny the amount of experience all 4 of them have received. it matters and it means a lot. im not putting anyone on a pedestal because of who they are, but rather because of what they have done and accomplished. everything leading up to those accomplishments have required ******** amounts of time, travelling, money, losses, learning, etc.

and while styles in the ditto vary from coast to coast/person to person, everything NUMERICALLY has an answer. that's the way jason plays and that's why he destroyed everyone the first time around for the most part. that just goes back to putting work in
i agree, but no one beats M2K in a numbers game, lol. who's gonna touch M2K in Marth dittos? Sheik dittos? none yo. and i dont think anyone can out practice M2K either. dude is good with numbers and has/had a **** load of time.

everybody has to start somewhere i just feel like your approach is more defeatest (and common) than "realistic"
it's not defeatest. m2k is definitely capable of being beaten. that work you're talking about? he's been putting it in for 3+ years now. someone wants to evolve their pocketknight to beat M2K this late into the metagame? oh, okay. go for it, but even to get close to his level they're going to have to get on the same kind of grind as Jason to be on his wavelength or not bother at all. you know this is true.

and i'm not talking about just ps in this case i'm talking about everyone in the community, that is the main issue and that's why jason has been dominant for so long. people are catching up though in the MK department while he's slippin
im talkin straight PS here. u never answered my question: do you think PS can ever get a Metaknight good enough to beat Jason? maybe if Jason just... stopped playing Brawl for a year but if Jason went back in to grinding and practicing like he was doing a few months ago i dont see PS catching up.

people have tried man. lee, tyrant, havok, anti, seibrik, dsf, dojo, tearbear, nairo. these dudes are legit and put in time and know their MK **** and haven't been foolin' around with 3 years of a novelty character. and they still can't best Jason even once. PS isn't the only person who thought 'well i guess i gotta give up my [insert non-MK character] and practice my MK to beat M2K'. lol.

shoutouts to name search

also in reference to my earlier post about going to tournies to win, i'm not going to CoT5 unless i'm confident i can win the whole ****ing thing. we'll see when it comes around
ma dude. just ask yourself: do you think u can beat jason, wyatt, elliot? not knockin you dude but i think the only confidence u can get is from actually taking W's off these guys in the near future.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
Omni both Dojo and Tyrant have beaten M2k in dittos in tournament. Tyrant back at a Tourneyplay in 09 and Dojo did it at WHOBO 1 in first set of GF 3-0. And so has Anti.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i agree, but you can't deny the amount of experience all 4 of them have received. it matters and it means a lot. im not putting anyone on a pedestal because of who they are, but rather because of what they have done and accomplished. everything leading up to those accomplishments have required ******** amounts of time, travelling, money, losses, learning, etc.

i agree, but no one beats M2K in a numbers game, lol. who's gonna touch M2K in Marth dittos? Sheik dittos? none yo. and i dont think anyone can out practice M2K either. dude is good with numbers and has/had a **** load of time.

it's not defeatest. m2k is definitely capable of being beaten. that work you're talking about? he's been putting it in for 3+ years now. someone wants to evolve their pocketknight to beat M2K this late into the metagame? oh, okay. go for it, but even to get close to his level they're going to have to get on the same kind of grind as Jason to be on his wavelength or not bother at all. you know this is true.

im talkin straight PS here. u never answered my question: do you think PS can ever get a Metaknight good enough to beat Jason? maybe if Jason just... stopped playing Brawl for a year but if Jason went back in to grinding and practicing like he was doing a few months ago i dont see PS catching up.

people have tried man. lee, tyrant, havok, anti, seibrik, dsf, dojo, tearbear, nairo. these dudes are legit and put in time and know their MK **** and haven't been foolin' around with 3 years of a novelty character. and they still can't best Jason even once. PS isn't the only person who thought 'well i guess i gotta give up my [insert non-MK character] and practice my MK to beat M2K'. lol.

shoutouts to name search

ma dude. just ask yourself: do you think u can beat jason, wyatt, elliot? not knockin you dude but i think the only confidence u can get is from actually taking W's off these guys in the near future.
i'll let you know when i think i can beat them, and when i do - i will or it will be a very close lost. i promise you that

also, dr pp has recently taken tourney games off of m2k in marth dittos without a lick of marth ditto experience on the level of m2k's (because there is none, no one in melee uses marth anymore)

greats pop up all of the time, i honestly think at the end of the day it's about dedication to the game. because we're all humans playing a game

if someone has a human advantage over me (mindgames, reaction time) then the best i can do for myself is familiarize myself with as many aspects of the game as possible to maximize my advantages - NOBODY is doing that yet they all are throwing their money away in these tournaments. for what? this **** isn't fun, who has fun in a brawl tournament?

i may seem extreme to you guys and i probably am but i do things based off of sense these days.. and entering tournies NOT expecting to win or get close to it makes NO ****ing sense to me

also you missed it earlier, m2k isn't practicing anymore. he doesn't enjoy it and isn't motivated to do it

THE TIME IS NOW LOL

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
another thing omni, person vs person experience is always the most ideal for improving in the game, but it isn't entirely necessary

the information is available to everybody, so are the tools and we all own a copy of brawl

that's why there was a vast difference between the games i lost to lie 2-1 in, and the wfs i 3-1'd him (only losing a game cuz i sded, and i still outdamaged him and brought him to like 170%)

if i'm alone in my determination /shrug. you/me/anyone can improve alone without playing anyone if they do their homework. tournies are where the small testing comes into play, but if you've done your homework, very few people will be able to best you in a set

Omni

BRoomer

lol ***** stop counting Anti. dude is an MK main regardless of how many mid/high tier characters he's messed with in the past. i ****ed with luigi, lucario, ike before MK and even DROPPED MK for a while for DDD and DK. im still a MK main and so is he.

you are not in the same category. you've been using a novelty character for 3 years. i think before Olimar you were using Pit or something, but there's a difference between you and anti/ally. anti/ally can play almost the entire cast. you've got your main... and a pocket metaknight. das it. because u don't have a 'rest of the cast' your skill level isn't split a bit thin cuz 90% of your time has always went into 1 character.

my MK =/= Jason's

my MK beats people cuz it's MK and i have experience not making wrong choices. i won early in and forward because i waited and watched people instead of diving in like a maniac and being like, 'omg whyd i get hit'. i have subpar control of the character, and below par experience. the experience shows when u see me lose to mid-tier characters like Toon Link or (lol) Lucas. but i'll win games just cuz i know there are key things in a match that i shouldn't do.

there isn't much logic involved. im saying that u can't out grind M2K. period. you're better off evolving your Olimar (because it isn't even CLOSED to being capped) than trying to evolve your MK.

Jason has like a LVL 95 Metaknight
you got like
a LVL 70 Olimar and a LVL 25 Metaknight
you got no chances unless u takin rare candy's like chu

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
lol ***** stop counting Anti. dude is an MK main regardless of how many mid/high tier characters he's messed with in the past. i ****ed with luigi, lucario, ike before MK and even DROPPED MK for a while for DDD and DK. im still a MK main and so is he.

you are not in the same category. you've been using a novelty character for 3 years. i think before Olimar you were using Pit or something, but there's a difference between you and anti/ally. anti/ally can play almost the entire cast. you've got your main... and a pocket metaknight. das it. because u don't have a 'rest of the cast' your skill level isn't split a bit thin cuz 90% of your time has always went into 1 character.

my MK =/= Jason's

my MK beats people cuz it's MK and i have experience not making wrong choices. i won early in and forward because i waited and watched people instead of diving in like a maniac and being like, 'omg whyd i get hit'. i have subpar control of the character, and below par experience. the experience shows when u see me lose to mid-tier characters like Toon Link or (lol) Lucas. but i'll win games just cuz i know there are key things in a match that i shouldn't do.

there isn't much logic involved. im saying that u can't out grind M2K. period. you're better off evolving your Olimar (because it isn't even CLOSED to being capped) than trying to evolve your MK.

you got like
ROFL @ taking rare candy's

in terms of specifically just PS, ur right i didn't answer ur question.

IMO PS with the attitude you have specifically you can't outgrind M2K

that doesn't mean M2K isn't out grindable, you just can't do until you change your attitude

aight **** yall *****s this discussion is old now afk

Omni

BRoomer
another thing omni, person vs person experience is always the most ideal for improving in the game, but it isn't entirely necessary

the information is available to everybody, so are the tools and we all own a copy of brawl

that's why there was a vast difference between the games i lost to lie 2-1 in, and the wfs i 3-1'd him (only losing a game cuz i sded, and i still outdamaged him and brought him to like 170%)

if i'm alone in my determination /shrug. you/me/anyone can improve alone without playing anyone if they do their homework. tournies are where the small testing comes into play, but if you've done your homework, very few people will be able to best you in a set
dude, we just have two different mindsets but we're talking about the same thing. you've been prolly at home practicing offline in practice mode while recently i've been going out every other day and getting in games with other people as experience.

do you think PS is capable of putting in the time offline/practicing numbers (as you suggest is the best way to improve) or the time gaining experience (as i suggest is the best way to improve? yes or no?

you know it's a no SO that's why his best bet is to power level the **** out of his Olimar.

id also consider picking up a Metaknight for counterpick stages and trying to random the **** out of Jason but thats a risky/silly gambit

yea discussion is over. you all suck. be better.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I find brawl fun most of the time. And I don't enter expecting to make money, but to beat as many people as I can to become notable to others and mainly to acheive self satifying goals.

Pretty sure a vast majority of the community do not enter brawl tournies thinking they're going to win.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I find brawl fun most of the time. And I don't enter expecting to make money, but to beat as many people as I can to become notable to others and mainly to acheive self satifying goals.

Pretty sure a vast majority of the community do not enter brawl tournies thinking they're going to win.
This. I play to do my best and win. If I ever make it in the money, it'll be a nice bonus.

inb4youmainMario

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
you got like
ROFLLLL@rare candy's.
Is Neo the new Inui?
Not really. Neo has always posted/acted like this. He also has been in the scene far longer. If anything, Inui was the old Neo.

Some do. I never expect I'm gonna win, but I try because I'm motivated to win back what I'm spending for tournament. Hence, I love to MM.

I also like to MM to get more vids on my channel for my subscribers to enjoy =).

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Is Neo the new Inui?
What does that even mean? In these past few months I've been able to motivate people like Omni and Logic, you should be THANKING me instead of comparing me to Inui. (feels as though Inui comparisons are typically negative)

Also Joe **** you and your gayass Wolf, I hate that MU and don't know it either rofl. Might end up breaking out that KNIGHT

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I almost had M2K in a numbers game at VC9, but then I got angry because I felt my reading him and outplaying him was starting to go in vein because I didn't know how to respond to him SDIing Marth's Dancing blade at the time due to inexperience in that department. I now know how to beat that, making SDI nearly impossible but I haven't played him again in tournament yet.

It's not impossible to do the things that Neo is talking about, it's really how bad you really want it. As cheesy as it sounds, it's 100% true. You put the time in on what needs to improved on correctly and you are going to get the results your desire.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What does that even mean? In these past few months I've been able to motivate people like Omni and Logic, you should be THANKING me instead of comparing me to Inui. (feels as though Inui comparisons are typically negative)

Also Joe **** you and your gayass Wolf, I hate that MU and don't know it either rofl. Might end up breaking out that KNIGHT
LMAO. If you cp me to Rc though (Cause I'm banning Brinstar) then we gonna ditto or I'll go GaW :troll:.
I'm changing my alias to "DarkMarth"
Like that dude DarkFalco?
How about "******" cause that's just as gay.
LOL.

My new tag is "IceDragonWarrior17".

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
true story when i was winning in this region i was cging 1-2 hrs a day.

Time to grind in marvel ;( dante combos are hard to do consistently.
Well dante has like 50+ moves not all of them are hard all you need is the L, M, H, DPM, J.h, QCFM, H, S, J.m, J.m, DJ, J.m, j.h, QCFH, (if they bounce on the ground and you're near a corner) OTG (DF)H, -> H, Bold Move Cancel, S, OTG (DF) H, QCBL Branch to fireworks, Million dollars.

Or those crazy ones with the DPx2M ones. Those are amazing. Dante combo's all in all should take about 2-3 days to do if you're on a schedule like me. I still gotta work more on my Dante, but I have mastered Chris and Zero.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i don't think mk should be banned because i was 3 stocked, i always thought he should be banned. i think he should be banned due to the fact that mk is the answer to mk, just check results at big tournaments... the evidence is everywhere

Inferno3044

Smash Master

I have just noticed that you have been in a lot of arguments recently on the boards like how Inui was on the NJ/NY boards. To be fair you have motivated Omni and Logic so at least I know you have good intentions. So thank you for motivating people to play better and try harder. I like a man of good intention.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I could contribute my opinion...

or just say to Omni and Neo to stfu, because I doubt many people care about their opinion as much as they care about their skill level.

And quite frankly, Neo isn't of regional, let alone national caliber yet and I don't know what's going on with Omni.

Also... If I was in it to "just win," I would have picked up Falco already. But even now, I have other goals than just winning at tournament. I'm trying to progress my character's tournament viability and metagame. I lost my sets at KTAR5 because I went in making poor decisions and forgetting fundamentals about Samus, even though they were in MUs I am fully capable of winning against anyone.

I got angry over my losses and declared on the livestream that I'd drop Samus. I take it back. It's not happening, at least not for now.

For you guys who have are bragging about "OH, MY DRIVE TO WIN IS BETTER THAN YOURS" or Omni's "Here are the guys who are really trying!"

stfu plz

If you were really in it to win only, you'd be practicing more often and using MK only. I see neither occurring.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Neo =/= Inui. Inui's know for more then just getting into debates

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i'll let you know when i think i can beat them, and when i do - i will or it will be a very close lost. i promise you that

also, dr pp has recently taken tourney games off of m2k in marth dittos without a lick of marth ditto experience on the level of m2k's (because there is none, no one in melee uses marth anymore)

greats pop up all of the time, i honestly think at the end of the day it's about dedication to the game. because we're all humans playing a game

if someone has a human advantage over me (mindgames, reaction time) then the best i can do for myself is familiarize myself with as many aspects of the game as possible to maximize my advantages - NOBODY is doing that yet they all are throwing their money away in these tournaments. for what? this **** isn't fun, who has fun in a brawl tournament?

i may seem extreme to you guys and i probably am but i do things based off of sense these days.. and entering tournies NOT expecting to win or get close to it makes NO ****ing sense to me

also you missed it earlier, m2k isn't practicing anymore. he doesn't enjoy it and isn't motivated to do it

THE TIME IS NOW LOL
Wtf? You think that I'm throwing my money away? I am honestly very offended at this post.
I play this game because actually DO think it is fun. I'm not good but I enter tournaments because I want to learn and improve. At the same time I still enjoy the game.

Everytime I see a post by you like this I'm just imagining you laughing at me for putting fr33 *** money into the pot. Well **** you. I hope you really enjoy my money mother ****er

Top Bottom