• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA vs The World: Protect this House

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I used Marth and won one match so he should be in my name too. Beat Gonzo on Rc with Marth vs Kirby.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Lol kbizzle I got this next time... :p

Good stuff apostle you got me fair and square :8 but won't lose next time... And I'll remember not to agree to smashville first round next time lol. I'm an idiot for forgetting.....

Shout outs for the matches played good **** mekos, Omni, gull(Joe), ps, June and lies(your very legit for going dark link :p I liked it lol).

And ps sry I helped Joe a little but he's very kool pps. I noticed after first set you were a little annoyed lol atleast I rooted for ya when you fought June lol!
Neo dude your playing like we are in 09/08. Granted you could prob still beat me. But not as bad as you did back then lol. Step it up! Jking:8. Hope we have another small tourny like that, was lots of fun.

Luckay and kcafe good stuff guys!!!

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Lol kbizzle I got this next time... :p

Good stuff apostle you got me fair and square :8 but won't lose next time... And I'll remember not to agree to smashville first round next time lol. I'm an idiot for forgetting.....

Shout outs for the matches played good **** mekos, Omni, gull(Joe), ps, June and lies(your very legit for going dark link :p I liked it lol).

And ps sry I helped Joe a little but he's very kool pps. I noticed after first set you were a little annoyed lol atleast I rooted for ya when you fought June lol!
Neo dude your playing like we are in 09/08. Granted you could prob still beat me. But not as bad as you did back then lol. Step it up! Jking:8. Hope we have another small tourny like that, was lots of fun.

Luckay and kcafe good stuff guys!!!
for the record.. you got 3 stocked? the first match at pound 5, then were beating me the 2nd one and got comebacked while i was at 210%

why are you always convinced you have me figured out, and then never win

less talk more action

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Uh, it says it was edited by me. I put in characters that I knew.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Though it doesn't matter, I played Fox and DK.

Shoutouts:

junebug: Good job winning, though I can't help but think when we played you were sandbagging/very distracted by whatever match was going on, on the main set. Fun playing your Lucario though.
mekos: You're a funny guy, we have to play some time.
zanna: Aw ****, doin' work
deez: I can't believe you went and told Zanna you 3 stocked my garbage DK, Fox's gotchu next time though.
zyth: Oli's never fun to fiiiiiiight.
uzzle: Good to see new face's, though you have a lot to learn if you lost to my DK
exdia: Too funny
2fast: Don't worry, you got 'em next time, you're still really good, better than me, haha.

Zant and VGbootcamp: Good **** with recording guys.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
for the record.. you got 3 stocked? the first match at pound 5, then were beating me the 2nd one and got comebacked while i was at 210%

why are you always convinced you have me figured out, and then never win

less talk more action
For the record you are so hyping a friendly lol.... And come on now my kill power johns. To Marth kill power ... :p the fact i got you down that low should be bad enough :8

The video thread is finally finished. Commentary's been fixed in semis and finals. It doesn't sound as good as it would be had I recorded the mic at 100% volume and not needed to edit and increase the volume by 15dB

Some divine being up there is laughing at me. Every tournament I go to, I somehow ruin the mic audio at every tournament I go to

Omni

BRoomer
Zant, I honestly think you should completely remove all commentary from your videos and make it strictly in-game audio.

But other than that really, really great job dude. You're like SSJ Oro.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
For the record you are so hyping a friendly lol.... And come on now my kill power johns. To Marth kill power ... :p the fact i got you down that low should be bad enough :8
so i'm hyping up a friendly but it's bad for me (somehow) that you almost won, and then lost... in a friendly

whatever helps you improve friend

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
<3 neo =D

good **** dude, win it next time

also i might be able to help you with diddy mu if it's still bothering you I'm good vs. that char with almost everybody now lol

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to all I hold dear. You know who you are.

Samus sucks. But so does MD/VA. Don't blame lack of MU knowledge for your wins and losses (I'm saying this generically and to everyone.) Focus on the basics.

Capitalizing on lack of fundamentals is fun. Maybe when people can stop making Samus look so good, I'll finally pick up MK/Falco.

Also, expect the return of my Sheik at a higher level. See you all next time.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Losing to people because of bad habits (spot dodging/rolling excessively, fishing for the kill, no mix-ups in methods of recovery, punishment, or follow-ups) and lack of technical efficiency (because of nervousness or otherwise) are greater factors than MU knowledge. That's where MD/VA needs to improve.

Anyone OoS that comes here could easily say the majority of our players are just impatient.

EDIT: Oh, and Kenny, I meant as in I can't say that I won against so and so because he just didn't know my character. He made clear mistakes that are unrelated to my character and relate more to his own lack of basics. I capitalized on it.

Same goes to my losses. I can't truly say that I lost because my character is bad if I made mistakes unrelated to my character.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to all I hold dear. You know who you are.

Samus sucks. But so does MD/VA. Don't blame lack of MU knowledge for your wins and losses (I'm saying this generically and to everyone.) Focus on the basics.

Capitalizing on lack of fundamentals is fun. Maybe when people can stop making Samus look so good, I'll finally pick up MK/Falco.

Also, expect the return of my Sheik at a higher level. See you all next time.
This got me thinking. Thanks noid =)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Losing to people because of bad habits (spot dodging/rolling excessively, fishing for the kill, no mix-ups in methods of recovery, punishment, or follow-ups) and lack of technical efficiency (because of nervousness or otherwise) are greater factors than MU knowledge. That's where MD/VA needs to improve.

Anyone OoS that comes here could easily say the majority of our players are just impatient.

EDIT: Oh, and Kenny, I meant as in I can't say that I won against so and so because he just didn't know my character. He made clear mistakes that are unrelated to my character and relate more to his own lack of basics. I capitalized on it.

Same goes to my losses. I can't truly say that I lost because my character is bad if I made mistakes unrelated to my character.
I like this guy. This is the truth right here

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Zant, I honestly think you should completely remove all commentary from your videos and make it strictly in-game audio.

But other than that really, really great job dude. You're like SSJ Oro.
I disagree Omni. The commentary is awesome. I really love when like Pierce or Afro are commentating. They use humor. Yer vids are great man!

But I will say that in yall commentary yall need to not be biased and judgmental. Like I've heard like three vids of VA/MD just speaking real negatively on my gameplay. Real talk, chill with that. Not to call anyone out but Tant u seem to do it alot. I know PF is your boy but I have nothing against him so please stop talking down on my playstyle. For example yer commentary for Pound 5 was pretty harsh. And the funny thing is I did better than PF against snake. I faced MVD who knew the match up, was patient ,and got him down to one stock while PF faced Fatal who stupidly rushed him the whole time. Nothing against PF. Thats my boy. I'm just saying chill with downing me all the time. Like every action is judged or yer comparing me to him. It would be different if I heard positive commentary but its only negative I hear. I love u man I'm just pointing out the obvious. Hope u dont take this the wrong way. I'm not mad or anything, just keeping it real.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
noid for prez lol sike na ur rite we focus on money so much instead of just having fun and getting better we dont help each other out at all instead of clownin people help them out i always help who ask or who needs it i kneed a lot but no one helps unless i ask no in the melee community they help me so much but in brawl community its like i hav to mm everyone just to learn a little so im paying to get my @$$ whipped over and over again. all im saying is lets be a community instead of being about money because how are you going to get the money if your not good enough its better to beat someone your equal to know that you have gotten better because someone who knows your every move is like ur worst enemy and so on......so come on lets get along.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
noid for prez lol sike na ur rite we focus on money so much instead of just having fun and getting better we dont help each other out at all instead of clownin people help them out i always help who ask or who needs it i kneed a lot but no one helps unless i ask no in the melee community they help me so much but in brawl community its like i hav to mm everyone just to learn a little so im paying to get my @$$ whipped over and over again. all im saying is lets be a community instead of being about money because how are you going to get the money if your not good enough its better to beat someone your equal to know that you have gotten better because someone who knows your every move is like ur worst enemy and so on......so come on lets get along.
Cuz Exdia don't need no ****IN punctuation.

Similar to a bawse

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
BMX has been telling me for the longest time to stop forcing the kill, and it took me until Joe got our MM up to see just how bad it was.

Mekos was telling me to work on my tech skill.

:D

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
yeah that really is annoying. It's cuz people are full of crap and johns. Unless it is a tourney match or mm then people make fun of people who play foreal if it isn't one. I always play to my full potential unless the other player is not, just don't feel like it, or my arm is muscle spasming lol. I do this so I can always find new things and learn. It's so frustrating that the smash community is this way. For example most people I team with, when I am trying to train them in teams they will not constantly stick to their main character. They will pick random characters. Or even if they do pick their character they will mess around. This to me is wasting time and holds no value. It isn't even fun either. Fun to me is playing at the highest competitive level that u can. I mean if the opponent is bad and u want to have a challenge. Then challenge yerself to three stock the opponent or to 6 stock the other team.

Bottom line is that it is sad that in the smash community for people to learn, they have to mm people. It's disgusting. It like this all over the nation but I must agree with exdia because the mm thing seems excessive by a few smashers in MD/VA. They have even got me hooked on mm lol.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
does

"man singles is lame i only care about doubles" right after being knocked outta singles count as a john? :awesome:

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
What I said had nothing to do with MMs >.>

Playing to win and playing to learn are two separate things. You can still learn a lot from friendlies, even if the opponent isn't trying/not using his main.

Players often mistake success in friendlies for being equivalent to future success in tourney because they forget to analyze why it was successful and how easily the results can change. So when they try those tactics in tournament, fail and then, proceed to blame it on friendlies, it's actually their fault.

And on a special note, tactics that work in tournament don't always work in friendlies. Many people also forget how the pressure to perform during tournament play can leave players susceptible to even the simplest baits and tricks.

As long as you recognize the difference, you can still learn no matter how serious the match turns out. It just upsets me how stagnant this region is as far as skill growth goes.

Omni

BRoomer
It's because our skilled players have been dropping out like flies.

- Forte
- Chu
- Chillin
- Azen
- Candy
- NEO (recently coming back)
- Me (constant breaks)
- Meep

And then our top players never stay consistently at the top. Everyone who has reached #1 or #2 in the PR eventually becomes extremely inconsistent afterwards. The only player I've seen recently keeping the Top 5 gap is PS. Junebug is just a monster.

I also don't see many rivalries anymore. And I don't see people being all that hungry. When I was doing the HTC actively I noticed a lot of people improving at a ******** rate (Coney, Takeover, Meep's Fox, and Seagull were the main ones).

Seriously, it's just a matter of being hungry. NEO is my motivator. Whenever he gets active again or coaches me the Will of the Fire ignites and I want to strive to be the Hokage again.

Anyway, shout-outs time:

1: junebug - you're da bess. great job taking 1st, bro.

2: logic - really good work sticking it in there and pushing through losers. you did extremely well this tournament both singles and doubles.

3: seagull - really good work to you, too, joe. i watched all your matches on youtube and i was surprised at just how on point you were. keep working hard and keep improving so you can maintain your placings

4: gimr - g&w... :mad: i promise you that i will improve infinitely at the G&W match-up so that i'm 3 stocking you every game. be prepared.

5: neo - good job on your return placing. really scary considering how rusty you are. i know you're in the lab so i'll see you in GF's soon

7: mekos - great job beating me in bracket. no johns. next time i see you in bracket i promise you'll be facing a much more deadlier version of myself

7: noid - caught me off guard. and i don't think it's the fact that you're Samus; i've played your Samus before so it's not exactly novelty. you played VERY solid and didn't fold under tournament pressure. keep up the good work

9: zanna - yo sup idk why i dont recognize this name

9: Ramona Flowers - good job taking out Lie's Diddy. that dude gives my MK a hard time so i know how much work you had to put in to get that W. we should ditto more. i saw you learn and improve as we ditto'd.

9: takeover - we're gdlk in teams. no doubts, dude. just go in there and win it. getting over the anubis strategy just shows how well you and i can adapt. i respect your wario but i think your Snake is definitely getting rough around the edges.

9: esoj - really glad to see u guy. i miss you dude. come back to brawl and teach me how to **** at SC2.

13: sin - good to see you again guy

13: vik - thanks for the music. seriously helped me to focus like crazy during teams. idk what you're missing but you're not far at all from being top 3 material, dude. you gotta' find it cuz once u do we in there

13: luckay - didnt see u much but so glad i didnt have to play you :D

17: tantulus - HEY GUY. did u get taller?

17: SSR - jeeeeeeeeeeerk.

17: lie - step it up. no johns.

17: gonzo - good to see you again, guy. hope to see more of ya

17: deez - good to see you again, guy.

25: kafe - wat

25: exdia - sup

25: joey - nice to meet you dude. keep coming to our events and improve!

25: 2fast - i tip my hat to you for maining mario. sry i can't help much since i dont know squat about Mario, lol

Top Bottom