• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA vs The World: Protect this House

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
It's because our skilled players have been dropping out like flies.

- Forte
- Chu
- Chillin
- Azen
- Candy
- NEO (recently coming back)
- Me (constant breaks)
- Meep

And then our top players never stay consistently at the top. Everyone who has reached #1 or #2 in the PR eventually becomes extremely inconsistent afterwards. The only player I've seen recently keeping the Top 5 gap is PS. Junebug is just a monster.

I also don't see many rivalries anymore. And I don't see people being all that hungry. When I was doing the HTC actively I noticed a lot of people improving at a ******** rate (Coney, Takeover, Meep's Fox, and Seagull were the main ones).

Seriously, it's just a matter of being hungry. NEO is my motivator. Whenever he gets active again or coaches me the Will of the Fire ignites and I want to strive to be the Hokage again.

Anyway, shout-outs time:

1: junebug - you're da bess. great job taking 1st, bro.

2: logic - really good work sticking it in there and pushing through losers. you did extremely well this tournament both singles and doubles.

3: seagull - really good work to you, too, joe. i watched all your matches on youtube and i was surprised at just how on point you were. keep working hard and keep improving so you can maintain your placings

4: gimr - g&w... :mad: i promise you that i will improve infinitely at the G&W match-up so that i'm 3 stocking you every game. be prepared.

5: neo - good job on your return placing. really scary considering how rusty you are. i know you're in the lab so i'll see you in GF's soon

7: mekos - great job beating me in bracket. no johns. next time i see you in bracket i promise you'll be facing a much more deadlier version of myself

7: noid - caught me off guard. and i don't think it's the fact that you're Samus; i've played your Samus before so it's not exactly novelty. you played VERY solid and didn't fold under tournament pressure. keep up the good work

9: zanna - yo sup idk why i dont recognize this name

9: Ramona Flowers - good job taking out Lie's Diddy. that dude gives my MK a hard time so i know how much work you had to put in to get that W. we should ditto more. i saw you learn and improve as we ditto'd.

9: takeover - we're gdlk in teams. no doubts, dude. just go in there and win it. getting over the anubis strategy just shows how well you and i can adapt. i respect your wario but i think your Snake is definitely getting rough around the edges.

9: esoj - really glad to see u guy. i miss you dude. come back to brawl and teach me how to **** at SC2.

13: sin - good to see you again guy

13: vik - thanks for the music. seriously helped me to focus like crazy during teams. idk what you're missing but you're not far at all from being top 3 material, dude. you gotta' find it cuz once u do we in there

13: luckay - didnt see u much but so glad i didnt have to play you :D

17: tantulus - HEY GUY. did u get taller?

17: SSR - jeeeeeeeeeeerk.

17: lie - step it up. no johns.

17: gonzo - good to see you again, guy. hope to see more of ya

17: deez - good to see you again, guy.

25: kafe - wat

25: exdia - sup

25: joey - nice to meet you dude. keep coming to our events and improve!

25: 2fast - i tip my hat to you for maining mario. sry i can't help much since i dont know squat about Mario, lol
for second pagesies :woman:

Coney

Smash Master
I also don't see many rivalries anymore. And I don't see people being all that hungry. When I was doing the HTC actively I noticed a lot of people improving at a ******** rate (Coney, Takeover, Meep's Fox, and Seagull were the main ones).

Seriously, it's just a matter of being hungry. NEO is my motivator. Whenever he gets active again or coaches me the Will of the Fire ignites and I want to strive to be the Hokage again.
i completely agree, though i have a bit of an excuse for myself. this previous season was my last balls-out season, now that i have six classes and an internship AND freelance work for my dad's company; basically, i just need my weekends free for girlfriend/friends/work that i used to do during the week last season, since i'm busy from 10-7 literally every weekday

anyway i'm rambling but my point is, i completely agree. there's a lack of...motivation in our region, as if people have just accepted their place. i've experienced it myself but honestly it's because i'm pretty satisfied with everything i've done and could quit happy if i wanted to. either people aren't setting their bars high enough or they just don't care.

june is probably the best player in our region, then me (well before i fell off)/lie/ps in no particular order, and then there's a pretty significant gap afterwards. fill it, guys!

EDIT - as a side note, omni, i think your fox is very good and might be a better choice for a main currently; fox' underrepresentation would do you well, as would switching from a character nearly every player is VERY experienced against. on top of that, there are no threats in our region that outright beat fox, to my knowledge. maybe play fox a bit, have a bit of fun, get away from the boredom you've been experiencing and then come back to MK with new swag? dat 2011 upgrade?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol Noid I don't think you got that I was talking about dubs. not singles. I disagree with yer point. If people focus and take friendlies/practice seriously then they will get more comfortable and will have a better chance of sticking to their strat. If they aren't familiar with the strategy becuase of lack of practice then pressure will in fact help them to forget what they are supposed to be doing in intense tourney matches.

So the bottom line is their is a less chance to practice since u can only get a true practice in when you mm or are at tourney. Cuz like you said friendlies and tourney play is different. Those "baits and tricks" sometimes aren't seen unless the person is taking the match seriously. It shouldn't have to be that way. But people(most) sadly only give it their all for money in the smash community.

Dubs it doesn't matter what yer opponents are doing since u are working on teamwork, tactics, and strategies. So if u don't take that seriously there is no one to blame but yerself.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Coney go back to your girlfriend, and your school, and your, your, your.... Just get the hell out of here, we dont want you around here no more! *sobs violently*

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Watch WF of dubs and GF2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDADdz19AkA&feature=related <- WF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXHkSNKC2Y <- GF2

Analyze me and junebug. In WF we are using our strat but in GF2 we are not at all. The loss was simply becuase we failed to play our game. And that came from lack of experience/practice. The synergy is not automatic like it should be.

If you watch other teams like PF and Coney, even if they lose they are following there set strat and tactics. That came with them playing for so long together. Me and Junebug need to the point where we stick to our strats. I'm perfectly fine with losing when u are playing yer game but it is frustrating when u lose and u didn't stick to the strats and tactics.

Back to the point. If its not natural for the player or teamate then u must practice to make it natural. And it would be great if people could take friendlies/practice seriously without money involved. It would help the whole smash community get better faster.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
anyway i'm rambling but my point is, i completely agree. there's a lack of...motivation in our region, as if people have just accepted their place. i've experienced it myself but honestly it's because i'm pretty satisfied with everything i've done and could quit happy if i wanted to. either people aren't setting their bars high enough or they just don't care.

june is probably the best player in our region, then me (well before i fell off)/lie/ps in no particular order, and then there's a pretty significant gap afterwards. fill it, guys!
I haven't accepted my place in the least bit. I have a lack of motivation to drive to places for practice, but I don't feel I need to do that all the time. I think one day a week of practice with someone good and training mode is all I need. Wi-Fi sucks *** and I quit it almost entirely lmao.
This made my browser Reset
-DEAD-

IT JUST NEVER DIES!!!!!!!!!!
/caps
It's because our skilled players have been dropping out like flies.

- Forte
- Chu
- Chillin
- Azen
- Candy
- NEO (recently coming back)
- Me (constant breaks)
- Meep

And then our top players never stay consistently at the top. Everyone who has reached #1 or #2 in the PR eventually becomes extremely inconsistent afterwards. The only player I've seen recently keeping the Top 5 gap is PS. Junebug is just a monster.

Seriously, it's just a matter of being hungry. NEO is my motivator. Whenever he gets active again or coaches me the Will of the Fire ignites and I want to strive to be the Hokage again
Thanks Steve. And one of my main motivators are my rivals. I consider Coney and Pink Fresh my biggest rivals (More Pink Fresh though then Coney).

People practice a lot and over and over again through weeks of time, but I rarely play much anymore lol. I honestly believe if you can just go to training mode, have your tech skill down in ten minutes, and know matchups then that's all there is too it. June is a perfect example. He doesn't play much anymore, yet he has all his tech skill down and knows matchups.

Another good thing to have is stage variety. Being able to take people to different stages and to practice on every legal stage gives more momentum to you when you get cp'd to a stage like Brinstar :c.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I haven't accepted my place in the least bit. I have a lack of motivation to drive to places for practice, but I don't feel I need to do that all the time. I think one day a week of practice with someone good and training mode is all I need. Wi-Fi sucks *** and I quit it almost entirely lmao.

-DEAD-

IT JUST NEVER DIES!!!!!!!!!!
/caps

Thanks Steve. And one of my main motivators are my rivals. I consider Coney and Pink Fresh my biggest rivals (More Pink Fresh though then Coney).

People practice a lot and over and over again through weeks of time, but I rarely play much anymore lol. I honestly believe if you can just go to training mode, have your tech skill down in ten minutes, and know matchups then that's all there is too it. June is a perfect example. He doesn't play much anymore, yet he has all his tech skill down and knows matchups.

Another good thing to have is stage variety. Being able to take people to different stages and to practice on every legal stage gives more momentum to you when you get cp'd to a stage like Brinstar :c.
I never CP Brinstar or RC so you don't have to worry about that if you play me =D

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Shoutout's to everyone I played.

Zanna: Keep getting better man, your snake can do it just get some more experience.
Omni: Nice Stuff in teams, you really stepped it up. If it wasn't for you to cover my mistakes we would've lost in a heart beat. But I'mma keep improving in teams so we can keep taking first.
2fast: I respect you going out of your way to mm people better than you. When we played you def. got better. Practice and hopefully come to Xanadu to get some more experience.
Mekos & Junebug: GG's hopefully you guys come stronger next time.
Lie & Ps: wow LF were so scary, you guys almost came back. Your mk actually did better than your olimar :0.
Shoutout's to VGBC.
Shoutouts to Zant for coming to upload matches.
Shoutout's to Junebug taking first.

Finally Shoutouts to everybody else I talked with.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
@Omni- nope, you must've gotten shorter. :p Let's play sometime.

@Mekos- sorry, I can do better than that, you're right. See me next time.

@NOID- lets train sometime, eh? I have all day off today. I might be headed to Phil's later on. You in?

Everyone- ATHF is considering some new recruits...keep your eyes out.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
EDIT - as a side note, omni, i think your fox is very good and might be a better choice for a main currently; fox' underrepresentation would do you well, as would switching from a character nearly every player is VERY experienced against. on top of that, there are no threats in our region that outright beat fox, to my knowledge. maybe play fox a bit, have a bit of fun, get away from the boredom you've been experiencing and then come back to MK with new swag? dat 2011 upgrade?
I feel like his Falco is better, but I guess it's his choice. His fox was definitely fun to watch.

Lobos

Smash Master
Don't lie to omni, his fox and falco are bad and should just stick with MK

Just like Alan should just stick with snake lol

Omni

BRoomer
i think my Fox is decent, but my Falco is a bit more effective at the moment.

im using all three. triple threat.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
NOID would love for you to go fox

*smirk*

I'm using DDD more than MK now, woooooo, i stilll have a fox too. I also have a junior snake

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
NOID would love for you to go fox

*smirk*

I'm using DDD more than MK now, woooooo, i stilll have a fox too. I also have a junior snake
Real talk. I picked FD in consideration of you going Fox. And then you picked D3. I effectively counter-picked myself.

I'm picking up Sheik again.

Omni

BRoomer
Lol, when you picked FD I was like...

"Does he realize I could go DDD? Wtfs?"

Can Sheik do that crazy tilt lock on Falco?

Also, your Samus was doing really well against me on the first stock. I don't feel like Sheik would do that well against DDD...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lol, when you picked FD I was like...

"Does he realize I could go DDD? Wtfs?"

Can Sheik do that crazy tilt lock on Falco?

Also, your Samus was doing really well against me on the first stock. I don't feel like Sheik would do that well against DDD...
Sheik has a lock on Falco, but he can Cg her straight into a spike, which makes her tack on a ****load of damage regardless. Sheik can duck under Falco's lasers if I recall correctly. It's a weird matchup, but it's Falco's favor.

Sheik can do good against D3 if the player plays like TKD's Sheik:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAThUqStBmk

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
It requires an absurd amount of patience for Samus v D3, moreso than any of her other MUs. I started running out of that.

Yo Vik, I need your music.

Omni

BRoomer
I also saw TKD's Sheik. Very solid and nasty, but I don't think the players he was facing is all that good.

I can't see that video 'cuz I'm at work, but is that a recent TKD vid of his Sheik playing a Lucario?

Yo, Vik. I need your music, too. Send us the tracklists mangz. Song and artist.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Not that my Sheik is anything above decent, but you're wrong Kadaj. And the whole Sheik has a f-tilt lock and can force Falco to approach by ducking doesn't make it even.

This isn't really the place to discuss it, but don't trust character boards with their ratios when the character hasn't shown any success.

Top Bottom