• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay I've run into some problems with Klonoa.

Problem 1: His model is too big. I'll try doing what fortwaffles said to do though to fix this.

Problem 2: When Klonoa is grabbed by falcon's up B his ear gets REALLY BIG.

Problem 3: Klonoa's materials are fixed but he still had random times where he's too bright or too dark. Only on Pictochat and Final Destination does it look right. Anyone know how to fix this?

Problem 4: When Klonoa tries to grab someone he has to be right in their face to grab them and when he throws them the character that is thrown teleports to his death to the left down part of the stage.

Problem 5: When a character throws Klonoa, Klonoa disappears off the stage leaving a big long strip of black geometry going diagonally across the screen. Then after a few seconds this happens:

If anybody knows what is causing these problems who can help out would be much appericiated.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Problem 2, 4 and 5 are most likely animation related, or a hybrid of PSA and animation issues. Problem 3 seems like an issue with lighting affecting the texture... really the only thing I can think of is comparing texture data in BrawlBox. Use multiple Brawl textures and compare it to the Klonoa one, see if the Brawl ones share any common ground or if they're similar but Klonoa's is drastically different. Problem 1, just scale him down. IIRC most people consider Klonoa about the same size as Tails, so I guess a LITTLE bit smaller than Sonic.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
The thought that I'm a dumb***, or the thought that I'm not a complete dumb***? Never mind...

I'm sure any girl hackers around here are pissed at all of the people making these comments.:p
If there are girl hackers. It's possible but... I don't imagine it :U

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I yay'd at the Klonoa.

Then I frowned at the Naruto.

Just about another year and Brawl mod won't even look like Brawl at all. It would be a whole different game.

Reminds me of Steam mods.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Mash-up of some animations we have done for Zero:

Animations by Fireking220, BigSharkZ, KuroBit and Bluz. Forgot to include an animation that was made by Razanak7 and Eldiran (Wait2), though. Dhragen will make some textures, so will I, and Mastaklo helps us deleting polygons since he's the fastest at it, using that program (Not even working for all of us).

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

Animations by Fireking220, BigSharkZ, KuroBit and Bluz. Forgot to include an animation that was made by Razanak7 and Eldiran (Wait2), though. Dhragen will make some textures, so will I, and Mastaklo helps us deleting polygons since he's the fastest at it, using that program (Not even working for all of us).
His buster texture seems a little odd... Kinda fuzzy, is there anyway to fix it?

Suren

Smash Journeyman

Very nicely done, Glad to see how progress is coming along on zero.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
That's the actual texture from TvC, it just has practically no detail.

Is his Z-Buster always going to be out? That seems a bit odd given how little he uses it in most games.
Bleh. Well, I'll probably revise the texture when this is released. Also, I think they can make his buster appear and dissapear with PSA.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Very nicely done, Glad to see how progress is coming along on zero.
Thanks.

That's the actual texture from TvC, it just has practically no detail.

Indeed. Dhragen plans on making a Brawl version of Zero, though.

Is his Z-Buster always going to be out? That seems a bit odd given how little he uses it in most games.
Yes, since I myself don't know how to make an animation trigger a certain polygon, I think Kurobit mentioned he could do it, but I'm not sure. For now, it'll be like that, but probably not in the future.

His buster texture seems a little odd... Kinda fuzzy, is there anyway to fix it?
We plan on re-texturing him. We could also make a TvC version with a better buster texture, too.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Yes, PSA has a function to decide what polygons are being used at any given time.
That's far more exciting news to hear, now that I think about it the same thing falls into play for sonic correct? So psa decides when and when not his spin attack shows. So the same applies to those who have extra models placed on their body correct?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That's far more exciting news to hear, now that I think about it the same thing falls into play for sonic correct? So psa decides when and when not his spin attack shows. So the same applies to those who have extra models placed on their body correct?
Well, you can also do it in Brawl Box, by changing which polygon is used in an animation. I think Mastaklo told me that. Anyway, as for your question, yes, same goes for his multiple faces, like Ike, or Snake.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This is about to transform Brawl into... mugen-Brawl?... =S

I'm actually pretty hyped on what you can make with this, and if I had any PSA skill, I'd help you out...
Great job! (indeed)

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Well, you can also do it in Brawl Box, by changing which polygon is used in an animation. I think Mastaklo told me that. Anyway, as for your question, yes, same goes for his multiple faces, like Ike, or Snake.
Well then your Zero project from what you say (if you do the animations as such) will be detailed animations through that psa polygon method right? That will make Zero genuine gold. It definitely gives a good meaning to new fully playable characters. Good luck BigSharkZ, the people working with you on this project.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman

im only 1 person :(
anyone wanna help out with naruto?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Anyone knows why my Kirby hat is not working? The original file size is 211, and it's now 647, but it should not matter for a file like that. It doesn't freeze, just doesn't load, the hat is not changed.

This is about to transform Brawl into... mugen-Brawl?... =S

I'm actually pretty hyped on what you can make with this, and if I had any PSA skill, I'd help you out...
Great job! (indeed)
Lol, I thought the same thing, and thanks.

Well then your Zero project from what you say (if you do the animations as such) will be detailed animations through that psa polygon method right? That will make Zero genuine gold. It definitely gives a good meaning to new fully playable characters. Good luck BigSharkZ, the people working with you on this project.
Hehe, and yeah. Thanks.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
im only 1 person :(
anyone wanna help out with naruto?
I would help, but I'm in the same situation as you but at the moment I'm preoccupied waiting for the silver model. I'd get it myself but the head and body models are seperate.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
yo Bigshark you might want to update ESH with a post that says you are
making a full Zero Project. =)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
If there are girl hackers. It's possible but... I don't imagine it :U
Viquey said:
"No girls"? What am I, chopped liver? D:

*harumphs*
Plus TheEnigmaLiesBroken at GSCentral, who is (from what I know) pretty **** good at hacking. Sorry for the off-topicness of this, but another interesting thing I found while browsing that thread for that post was this:

Pharrox said:
While my main focus will be on my side project for now, I will likely return to this if there hasn't been much progress within a decent amount of time (1 - 2 months) (and after talking to Kryal).
Its been just over a month since he wrote that, so does that mean Pharrox might come back?

Also, BigSharkZ, how many people are working on Zero with you?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
also could someone check for me if MegamanX Command Mission uses MdLOs?
We established that we could only use wii games (as of right now) unless I missed something. Anyone mind filling me in on that if I'm wrong?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
This really makes no sense at all. The Kirby hat makes the game freeze in Classic mode, but in versus, it's a normal hat.

Edit: Now it doesn't work at all..

Anyone has any idea on how to make it work if the file size is too big? I tried removing things I didn't need, but nothing.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
also could someone check for me if MegamanX Command Mission uses MdLOs?
Gamecube game. Not likely.

In fact, is there a single Gamecube game with MDL0s? It would probably help (well, maybe not, no one reads anything before requesting :() if we were able to just make the stamement "No Gamecube Games use MDL0"

Top Bottom