• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I really pray that Naruto's final animations reflect his attitude and fighting style. Clumsy, out of control, but still having an unfathomable amount of discipline. His fighting style to anyone but himself just SEEMS like he doesn't know what he's doing. The running animation so far looks okay, but the standing... eh...

I own CoNR3 and can run it in an emulator to make various modifications so I can take screenshots of his attacks in various angles making them go frame by frame to have some frame of reference when making new animations. Yknow, an idea of what he's like. I forget who's working on him, but I can start making animations that he tells me to make if I'm provided what's complete so far.

ds22

Smash Lord
I really pray that Naruto's final animations reflect his attitude and fighting style. Clumsy, out of control, but still having an unfathomable amount of discipline. His fighting style to anyone but himself just SEEMS like he doesn't know what he's doing. The running animation so far looks okay, but the standing... eh...

I own CoNR3 and can run it in an emulator to make various modifications so I can take screenshots of his attacks in various angles making them go frame by frame to have some frame of reference when making new animations. Yknow, an idea of what he's like. I forget who's working on him, but I can start making animations that he tells me to make if I'm provided what's complete so far.
PM Piggybank67 about the animations.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
can someoen help me out with getting the waluigi mdl0 file from mairo and sonic @ the olympics? maybe il be able to get him working on a normal character instead of just an alloy.

i dunno how to unpack CPKs and stuff

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman

please suggest i also think the wait animation that looks weird...

more pics :)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yes, PSA has a function to decide what polygons are being used at any given time.
This is (from a few pages back) referring to the Model Changer, right?

If so, that function only allows you to modify the model in preset ways. For example, having a value of 1 can remove Link's sword. A value of 2 removes his shield. No other values affect him, to my knowledge. So, I'm not certain we'll be able to keep/use his buster.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
This is (from a few pages back) referring to the Model Changer, right?

If so, that function only allows you to modify the model in preset ways. For example, having a value of 1 can remove Link's sword. A value of 2 removes his shield. No other values affect him, to my knowledge. So, I'm not certain we'll be able to keep/use his buster.
Ah, sorry for the confusion then. It probably isn't best to give information on something you're still learning. At least there's the potential to use it through animations, correct?

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Mhhhh Making a Koopaling would be interesting...It all depends on how many bones he has.'Cause i'm not going to use an Alloy

Eldiran

Smash Lord
If it's it's own bone, then I belive so.
It's true. Also, it's cool, Zeruel; I only corrected you hoping that you'd correct me and give me a method to display and hide polygons :p

However, unfortunately the Buster does not have its own bone. It shares one with Zero's arm. Currently the best I can do to give Zero a buster is deleting his buster polygon, and during his firing animation, scale his hand to 0 and enlarge his arm a bit, so it looks like some kind of buster.

Either that, or I could possibly get someone to take the Buster polygon and separate it into its own model, then replace an article with it and use that. Which is the best solution, if I can figure out how and if it can be done. It'd be quite nice to replace the bow with the buster.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
12 FRAMES! only 5 to go for running it looks pretty good
but im taking a break :dizzy:

EDIT: MaRRok may be joining the naruto team :p

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Either that, or I could possibly get someone to take the Buster polygon and separate it into its own model, then replace an article with it and use that. Which is the best solution, if I can figure out how and if it can be done. It'd be quite nice to replace the bow with the buster.
I vote this method, if possible ;~;

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
yeah all the pokemon games use .fsys
so we need to crack those i have a post a while back how to unpack them
but i dont know how to use a .c file (probably a program written in C)
so if someone could try that out that would solve our problems with the pokemon games

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
yeah all the pokemon games use .fsys
so we need to crack those i have a post a while back how to unpack them
but i dont know how to use a .c file (probably a program written in C)
so if someone could try that out that would solve our problems with the pokemon games
The actual file compression itself (within the file) is that LSZZ/LZ77 (not sure) format, or something close to that. this is the same (or very identical) type of compress used for CSP's so maybe cupash would be able to do something to it. hope this info helps.

Also, in order to unpack just about any file, just use Google. i found a fsys extractor a while ago and tried getting them to work, but like most of my hacks, it failed.

Edit: can i get an update on whats been going here on recently? whenever i check this thread, there are twice as many posts as when i last checked. see yah on page 148!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
My question from 7 pages back. Not trying to spam. I just really need to figure this out.
You don't multiply the number by 38. When there's a "0x" before a number, then it's stating that the number is in hexadecimal. So, that would be 56 bytes ahead in decimal.

And most hex editors I've tried have "Go To" commands that let you input decimal numbers as well as hexadecimal, so you don't necessarily need to convert the MDL0Offset to hex.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see, RandomTBush. So, you need to know the Unknown6 value so that you know that the right value appears in Part5Offset when you're done hexing. But, then, why is it necessary to know the MDL0Offset value?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Ah, I see, RandomTBush. So, you need to know the Unknown6 value so that you know that the right value appears in Part5Offset when you're done hexing. But, then, why is it necessary to know the MDL0Offset value?
The MDL0Offset tells you where the data for each section starts in the MDL0 file. And yes, the Unknown6 should be in Part5Offset when you're done hexing it, since you're moving it to the right location by deleting the set of bytes. (I believe that the Part5Offset links to the material's properties, as copying values from other models makes it rendered differently in-game, or not even rendered at all.)

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
ok so ppl are abt to piss their pants abt this link being illegal
BUT IT'S NOT
i custom made this animation
therefore it is not illegal
anyone that wants to test this out on naruto in game (i can't) please do and upload a vid:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mfwhzncy5dl
ill PM u the model just ask

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
ok so ppl are abt to piss their pants abt this link being illegal
BUT IT'S NOT
i custom made this animation
therefore it is not illegal
anyone that wants to test this out on naruto in game (i can't) please do and upload a vid:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mfwhzncy5dl
ill PM u the model just ask
No one will say that's illegal. It's the models that are a legal gray area, not custom stuff pertaining to models.

Ratheronfire

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't know how to do this, but would it be possible for someone to check if the Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People (WiiWare) series used MDL0 files?

Top Bottom