• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
No, unfortunately the Buster is attached to the same bone as his normal arm. If I scaled it to 0 he would have no arm, buster or otherwise.

@fortwaffles: out of curiousity, what does that mean? (Unless it's a joke)
Oh, too bad.

I can tell it was a joke.

Has anyone checked starfox: Adventures on Gamecube for Krystal's model?
*Sigh* Are my posts completely ignored?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
i have a question. what if we cant view the model in brawl box in order to do the next steps and get the ofset numbers and whatnot? im having a problem because young link gives me an error message when i try to view in brawlbox (i did all the steps before that flawlessly. im SURE of it)

also, mastersword is done, but doesnt have textures. did i mess up or is that common? should i start over?

btw everyone, why do we need windwaker link? dont we already have toon link? isnt toon link's model close enough for jazz?
What error does it give you?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
So, I PMed Fortwaffles about this, but it looks like he's gone for the night. I've been trying to scale up a character with vertex editing and scale up the bones' translations by the same factor, but I'm left with this:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/167/wtfpq.png

Does anyone familiar with resizing models know what could have gone wrong?

EDIT: Disregard. Fortwaffles came back online and told me what I did wrong.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
@ digiholic. check in the last couple-dozen posts and ull find some1 posting a link about this. (i know its barely helping, but at least its helping! :))

the error changes. on one that i edited it says: "object reference not set to an instance of an object"
when i open it raw (but in .mdl0) it says: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name:index."

this is wierd.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
@ digiholic, ill post a new link 2 it later tonight. i have the file he was giving out..

how the crap do you extract a .bin file? someone did it! who done that? T.T

PND

Smash Champion
Wiiscrubber freezes my computer so I've been unable to confirm this for myself. . . Has anyone tried checking Punchout or TMNT: Smash Up?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
@ digiholic, ill post a new link 2 it later tonight. i have the file he was giving out..

how the crap do you extract a .bin file? someone did it! who done that? T.T
Pretty sure .bin is a standard format, unless it's encoded weirdly.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I really hate to ask but can anyone hex my silver model from the winter olympics. I have close to no clue what I'm doing in hex editor. On top of that the person I was supposed to get help from with the hex editing for the silver model didn't help me. I'm trying to figure out how to use the thing myself and I haven't got any clue what I'm doing.

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, screw vertex scaling. How do I scale in PSA?
The problem with doing it in PSA is that the character's hurtbox becomes huge and a bunch of graphical screen glitches among other effects (dust spots) become bigger. If you can't do it, have someone else do it that knows how because resizing it in PSA won't do you any good.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
some guy thing from some game. i took a pic becuase it was the 1st one i got working and i thought i would only get a few working. lol. (might be usefull for that guy making the dr mario PSA. megavitamin yes?)
That's the Unira from the Clu Clu Land minigame.

No, unfortunately the Buster is attached to the same bone as his normal arm. If I scaled it to 0 he would have no arm, buster or otherwise.
I think I might have an idea on how to fix that. Lemme test out my thoughts, and I'll let you know if it works or not.

Could you tell me what kind it does use? I need the models for something :X
The models seem to be *.tom and *.fim files. Neither of them sound familiar to me.

Wiiscrubber freezes my computer so I've been unable to confirm this for myself. . . Has anyone tried checking Punchout or TMNT: Smash Up?
Punch-Out doesn't use MDL0s, and I'm really not sure about TMNT: Smash-Up, as it does use PAC files like Brawl does, but either they're super-compressed, or they're a completely different form of PAC. =/

Ok, I really hate to ask but can anyone hex my silver model from the winter olympics. I have close to no clue what I'm doing in hex editor. On top of that the person I was supposed to get help from with the hex editing for the silver model didn't help me. I'm trying to figure out how to use the thing myself and I haven't got any clue what I'm doing.
Sorry, I was a bit busy yesterday. I'll gather them up and send them to you in a few minutes.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
it seems that most games that originate in japan use mdl0's
for example i just checked kung fu panda and it didn't have mdl0's
most american games probably won't

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Boo. I followed the guide step-by-step (now that I can follow it), everything's how it's supposed to be, but now I can't preview my model in BBox. It says:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
ok i think i just found the naruto animations
now i need SQleon to get on so i can PM him the files so he can figure out with his magical skillz

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Ok then.
I'm sorry to inform, but I couldn't get the animation moving. :(
Maybe the Naruto animations will help.
nvm it's the same animations i found in the fpack
ill keep looking around in the iso b4 i continue with the animations
seeing that run doesn't work
u never told me how to change the bone index by the way :p

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
DONT USE PSA TO MOVE HIM!!! I can help

ds22

Smash Lord
You open up the .mdl0 in a Hex editor, go to the mdl0 header offset (of course after you converted the value giving in BrawlBox from Dec to Hex) and edit the last value in the same line the mdl0 header started (the Bone with Boneindex 0 will have 00 at the end of the line, Boneindex 1 will have 01 etc.).

DONT USE PSA TO MOVE HIM!!! I can help
Please help us.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
You open up the .mdl0 in a Hex editor, go to the mdl0 header offset (of course after you converted the value giving in BrawlBox from Dec to Hex) and edit the last value in the same line the mdl0 header started (the Bone with Boneindex 0 will have 00 at the end of the line, Boneindex 1 will have 01 etc.).

Please help us.
ill just wait until fortwaffles fixes it

yes please do

Top Bottom