• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Uhm... WTF, Rotom?

There's no way I used the automatic hex program wrong, and I know that I clicked all three icons. Plus, they're all Rotom, so this is no coincidence. I think Rotom has some kind of weird glow in the Rotom00XDh texture that makes it look like this in BBox. Haven't tested them in Brawl.

Not a big deal, just figured I'd bring this up.

ds22

Smash Lord
I need a little help,
This is where I want the stage to be, and where the model views shows:

But in game it puts me here:
(Help me here, from which Naruto game is this stage?)
Is the shrine a separate object?
If so you could maybe scale it down a little and move it a bit to the back (BrawlBox doesn't always show exactly what is really is ingame).

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Ah, I just remembered we could have another Poke Trainer now that they will fit on the originals!

We have Feraligatr and Blaziken. Now we just need a grass type. If we want, we could get three other types for another PT. Fighting, Ghost/Psychic and Dark maybe? (For Hitmon(xxx) Haunter and Darkrai!)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So uh, who here has PokePark?
I'd like to send them a pm.

And what's up with the Rotom? Wait, Rotom is in PokePark, or did I miss something here?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
ok, the new updates of the model header fixer does step 5 for you.
as for the bone adder, it's not giving me any problems, and is going good. it's just time consuming, but should be done soonish

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I already tried that... there's no readme so I didn't know what to do at first. When I drag a cpk onto cpk_unpack.exe a cmd window comes up and appears to be doing something. When it goes away it seems that nothing has changed.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I already tried that... there's no readme so I didn't know what to do at first. When I drag a cpk onto cpk_unpack.exe a cmd window comes up and appears to be doing something. When it goes away it seems that nothing has changed.
Should be a folder within the current directory, or maybe the current user folder that it creates. Check and see.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
STOP MOVING THIS THREAD SO FAST GUYS, CHRIST.

Discussion of the thread topic is totally fine, but stuff like THIS:

OMG i can't believe it! its my good friend Booton from Boo Mansion website!
hi booton! if you can remember me, its me Teenpika from ustream and youtube!
how ya been? i haven't heard from you since you last streamed Mario & Sonic at the WOG at ustream!
...does NOT belong here, it belongs in PMs! This thread is barely a month old and it's already at over 200 pages, everyone here needs to calm down with the meaningless chatter and empty hype.

This is why I thought we needed a separate thread for porting animations: this thread goes WAY too fast and it's becoming very difficult to find anything within it because you have to look through pages and pages of people saying hello to one another and repeating the word "HYPE" over and over.

*sniff*

You just...you give so much! Thank you, as a program is always much easier than tutorials.

And yeah, I'm with _Vuze_. Is there a tutorial or anything regarding fixing CHR0s to work with Brawl? Maybe I should check out Project Amy...
I'm not sure about other games because I haven't looked at their CHR0s yet, but hexing animations from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games to work in Brawl is incredibly easy. It takes less than thirty seconds to hex one animation.

Go here for my tutorial, and go here for a more in-depth explanation of Step 4.

The new model porter is still not compatible with Wario Ware models. Oh well, nice job nontheless.
Do you know of a way to add static models to stages? Because I found a Master Sword w/ pedestal in Animal Crossing City Folk, it'd go great with the Temple of Time.

If you're using Windows XP it puts the files in a different folder. Go look in your documents.

So I started hexing the Sonic bosses of M&SatOWG, just to see what would happen. My results:

Rouge's textures are hosed. Her gloves share the same texture space as her wings and part of the heart on the front of her costume. Her eyelashes do not grab their texture at all and remain white no matter what. Half of her backside is black because their texture also shares the same space as her wings.

Jet and Nega have the same problem, their textures aren't mapped correctly in some parts.

Omega is perfect. Clearly, the other characters use inferior consumer models.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Ah, I just remembered we could have another Poke Trainer now that they will fit on the originals!

We have Feraligatr and Blaziken. Now we just need a grass type. If we want, we could get three other types for another PT. Fighting, Ghost/Psychic and Dark maybe? (For Hitmon(xxx) Haunter and Darkrai!)
What about Chikorita? :p

Omega is perfect. Clearly, the other characters use inferior consumer models.
Bahahaha!

•Col•

Smash Champion

I say Meganium.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
hey, this thing here herd that you liek to add bones
http://www.mediafire.com/?dttmnkm2y0j
RTB, add this to the OP if you want, because it can help get characters with less bones from other games in. i tested it on mudkip, and got him in
I'm going to get this out of the way before anyone says this. I HERD U LIEK MUDKI- *brick'd*

Nice work dude! :D

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I have fixed the mdl0 hexing programs, and made it so you can choose a file instead of having to name it input.brres. ill upload them soon
http://www.mediafire.com/?ngdj2yznyt2
also, RTB, can you update the OP to this link? i deleted the old one
Done. :)
Uhm... WTF, Rotom?

*Rotom pictures*

There's no way I used the automatic hex program wrong, and I know that I clicked all three icons. Plus, they're all Rotom, so this is no coincidence. I think Rotom has some kind of weird glow in the Rotom00XDh texture that makes it look like this in BBox. Haven't tested them in Brawl.

Not a big deal, just figured I'd bring this up.
It's the way BrawlBox renders the models -- it makes the faces double-sided no matter what. Previewing it in Kentilan's BRMDL viewer with "Internal Faces" checked makes Rotom show up correctly. Likewise with any TvC models.

(EDIT: Ninja'd with another post from Fortwaffles.)
RTB, add this to the OP if you want, because it can help get characters with less bones from other games in. i tested it on mudkip, and got him in
Sure thing! I'm gonna try that out with a few characters. :3

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
All right thread, I am expecting restraint from you. Please do not go absolutely bat**** insane over this and post 30 pages of "OMGWTFBBQ!!!" and "DO THIS CHARACTER PLEASE!!!" in the next couple hours, okay?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, after seeing all these pictures that you guys have taken on the World Martial Arts Tournament stage that I ported makes me want to do something about the lack of shadows. That will be the next thing I'll work on. I think I have an idea of how to add shadows to that stage, but it might take me a little while to build a new "model" for it.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that those texture errors won't be there when you preview the models in-game, Stoney.

•Col•

Smash Champion
It has to be models we can access from Brawl or Poképark, unless you're willing to vertex hack Chikorita into Meganium.
Ah, I could've sworn I remembered Meganium on that list someone posted a while back... x-x

Oh well. I change my vote to Chikorita then. XD

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Stoney, I'm running XP in parallels. It doesn't create a folder in the directory where the file is located or in the folder the where unpacker is located. My documents is empty, administrator and shared. Didn't put it on the desktop. Seriously, it seems like it does nothing.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow, I don't understand what you're telling me to do.

Fortwaffles, that's the best.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
ds22 do you think you could try gray fox?
I cant find his assistant trophy pac file

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
That's the guy from the music video "**** in my Pants", a song about a guy that...well, jizzes his pants.

Extreme excitement makes people **** themselves I guess. :3

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
ds22, I love you. GO, RUN OFF TO THE PROJECT PICHU THREAD WITH THAT PICTURE!

Aw, we've gotten so far since the early days of Project Pichu, back when I had no clue how to hack...

Top Bottom