• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace

This is probably the only Mewtwo available in MDL0 format. But, man, does it have a really low polygon count -- only 238 polygons in the entire model. Aaaaaand texture errors, but that's because of material properties.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that the bone indexes are not completely in numerical order. It's like "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 6, 7, 20, 21, 8"... Not the exact order, but something like that.
couldnit you put the textures onto mew and make mewtwo and just resize mew to be larger
i think this would be the easiest way of makeing mewtwo

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
someone want to run smash up through emu, or that memorycard usb thing? yes, usb gecko. i have one but im not home. i want master splinter in brawl, and it is similar, and did use a lot of ppl that made brawl. they are in pacs, and i think may be decoded ingame to be mdl0
A lot of people tried in the past. They're in a slightly different format.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Hey, a bunch of Brawl's graphic effects are mdl0 models, such as the infamous Aura Storm beam, so maybe Ryu's hadoken and similar projectiles / graphic effects from other games can be ported over to Brawl, as well.

Also, I'm going to try to do what superyoshi888 is doing right above me and let me know if anyone has access to NSMBW models, or I'll send you a PM.

To everyone who is doing a Bleach project of someone with two forms, such as Ichigo and his bankai and hollow forms or Nel and her released form, how do you plan on incorporating all those models into one character? I would really like to know for my Yami project, so Yami won't need to go over Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Yes, it is. I saw it as well when I was looking through the files.
Oh, interesting. Could I have the model, if possible? It would be a bit bland without Pokemon, though. If possible, could I have a few? Such as Arceus, Latias, Houndoom, Raichu, Typhlosion, Mewtwo, Togekiss, Tyranitar, and a few random ones? I'm not forcing you to send them to me, but I am forcing you to take your time if you want to. I know you're already busy with everything you're working on, and this isn't that important. I do hope it won't be long to do, though. I don't want to abuse of your time, but if it's it's an easy process to get the models, then it's fine.

ds22

Smash Lord
Oh, interesting. Could I have the model, if possible? It would be a bit bland without Pokemon, though. If possible, could I have a few? Such as Arceus, Latias, Houndoom, Raichu, Typhlosion, Mewtwo, Togekiss, Tyranitar, and a few random ones? I'm not forcing you to send them to me, but I am forcing you to take your time if you want to. I know you're already busy with everything you're working on, and this isn't that important. I do hope it won't be long to do, though. I don't want to abuse of your time, but if it's it's an easy process to get the models, then it's fine.
And if you get them, could you send me Arceus, Mewtwo and Tyranitar?
If possible of course.

Also, could it be possible to memory dump PBR to get possible MDL0 files out of the .fsys files (please don't shout at me)?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic

ds22

Smash Lord
yeah... still waiting on the link for the memory dumper
You probably need to set Dolphin in debug mode, if I'm right.
But I'm not sure as for I never got Dolphin to work properly.

Anyway, could anyone check these games for MDL0's:
Samba de Amigo
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Crash: Mind over Mutant
Ben 10: Protector of Earth
Battalion Wars 2

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
yeah... still waiting on the link for the memory dumper
ProcessMemoryDumper is what I used.

You probably need to set Dolphin in debug mode, if I'm right.
But I'm not sure as for I never got Dolphin to work properly.

Anyway, could anyone check these games for MDL0's:
Samba de Amigo
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Crash: Mind over Mutant
Ben 10: Protector of Earth
Battalion Wars 2
Out of those games, I'd say that Battalion Wars 2, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast and maybe Samba de Amigo might have MDL0s. I'll go check Samba de Amigo in about an hour from now.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
ProcessMemoryDumper is what I used.

Out of those games, I'd say that Battalion Wars 2, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast and maybe Samba de Amigo might have MDL0s. I'll go check Samba de Amigo in about an hour from now.
DUDE! If you can get Dixie Kong's model and it's an MDL0 out of Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, THAT'D BE AWESOME! Try it please.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I made a Dixie Kong once but I doubt anyone is interested in it as it replaces either all Diddy Kong costumes or all Ike costumes.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I made a Dixie Kong once but I doubt anyone is interested in it as it replaces either all Diddy Kong costumes or all Ike costumes.
I am send them my way if there available also is that edited mr.megaman and watch available ya kno without the nose

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I am send them my way if there available also is that edited mr.megaman and watch available ya kno without the nose
Well, the Ike one had problems, and I lost the Diddy Kong one, probably why I didn't show it or talked about it (Beside to a few friends). I guess I could re-do it, as I still have Dixie's head and head-less Diddy Kong models. I think I had deleted the results for some reason. This was a long time ago, when Roy (With Isaac's hair) was done.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Ok, used the dumper and found Mewtwo's MDL0.
Sadly, the texture was missing.
All of the textures for My Pokémon Ranch are in a separate BRRES file. Might be near the end of the memory dump.

And even a memory dump of Pokémon Battle Revolution proves that they aren't MDL0s.

Matteron

Smash Ace
My friend changed Meowth's size with the mdl0 resizer to 3 scale, then changed the first bone Translation X to 0.5 then 0 again but all the animations he made were from Meowth's previous size. Anybody know how to fix this? He's scrambled basically.
The animation are still the original size, so you will have to re-size them by scaling them

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
i am truly amazed that no one's talked about Arther from ghost and goblins series ...

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/09/29/aicon_ghosts_narrowweb__300x354,0.jpg

don't know if you can find a model of him or not but apparently he appears in 3D in Sōki's ending in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. The Gold Armor Power up appears in Knights of the Round as King Arthur's high level armor.
The endings for TvC are 2D, not 3D, so that's out of the question.

Also...

Samba de Amigo uses MDL0, and it's the 50th game on the list now... 47th, if you don't include the three games that haven't been confirmed. (It was four earlier, but I confirmed that Arc Rise Fantasia has MDL0s.)

Matteron

Smash Ace
K, thanks.

EDIT: I told him, and he asked how to do that.
Open Brawl Box and preview the model, then open the animation. Click on an animation, then click on a bone, now under the animation box, should be something that say Scale X, Y, and Z. Just tinker with those until you have the right size. Do it with all the bones and animations.
Also, I'm pretty sure you only need to modify the first frame.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
im not sure if im doin it right but i tried dumping dolphin when i was playing with mewtwo vs pidgeot and got nothin

can u try randomTbush?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
im not sure if im doin it right but i tried dumping dolphin when i was playing with mewtwo vs pidgeot and got nothin

can u try randomTbush?
For Pokémon Rumble, right? Or was that for Pokémon Battle Revolution? If it's the former, then everything's loaded up and decompressed at once (same thing with My Pokémon Ranch), just look for "bres" in the dumped memory. If it's the latter, then even memory dumps won't get you MDL0s, because they just simply aren't MDL0s. (They're probably the same format used for Colloseum and XD.)

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
For Pokémon Rumble, right? Or was that for Pokémon Battle Revolution? If it's the former, then everything's loaded up and decompressed at once (same thing with My Pokémon Ranch), just look for "bres" in the dumped memory. If it's the latter, then even memory dumps won't get you MDL0s, because they just simply aren't MDL0s. (They're probably the same format used for Colloseum and XD.)
:( i wish that they did
and i wish u'd try :(

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Samba de Amigo uses MDL0, and it's the 50th game on the list now... 47th, if you don't include the three games that haven't been confirmed. (It was four earlier, but I confirmed that Arc Rise Fantasia has MDL0s.)
YES!
10yus!

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I've already taken a look at the files, and they're not MDL0s. As I said, dumping the files does not magically make them MDL0s, it just makes it easier to get compressed files.
In order for the right memory to be dumped (like a model I want to see if it's MDL0) do I have to be at the spot in the game that has it?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
In order for the right memory to be dumped (like a model I want to see if it's MDL0) do I have to be at the spot in the game that has it?
For an actual Wii game, yes. For WiiWare, not really.

BTW RandomTBush, did you see the file I sent you with the MdL0s?
Not just yet. I'll look at 'em in a few minutes.

(EDIT: While it does have "MdL0" in it in a few random spots, I think it's merely coincidental, as I don't see any signs of "bres" or "TEX0"... So, no, I don't think it has MDL0s.)

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
There's DK: Barrel Blast and Mario Super Sluggers, but I don't believe either use MDL0.

Edit: My mistake, it seems neither have yet to be checked. It's quite possible you could pick one from those, then.

Top Bottom