• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
There's DK: Barrel Blast and Mario Super Sluggers, but I don't believe either use MDL0.

Edit: My mistake, it seems neither have yet to be checked. It's quite possible you could pick one from those, then.
Sluggers does not have MDL0s

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
But Barrel Blast was originally developed for GameCube. It was intended to be played with the Bongos which is why the motion controls suck.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
But Barrel Blast was originally developed for GameCube. It was intended to be played with the Bongos which is why the motion controls suck.
I actually just played it today and I find nothing wrong with the controls. The only thing I find wrong with the game is the fact that it's hard to win cuz the items suck and you constantly have to speed up with the fire thing. Other than that I think it's fun.

ds22

Smash Lord
Going back to NDS MDL0's, I checked two NDS games and both had NSBMD files, which contain a MDL0 and a TEX0 (one looked screwed though).
If we could only extract them to see if they would be useful in Brawl (as decoration or items).
Proof (Soul Silver):

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
oh jesus^, PLOX tell me pacharisu isn't next XP
i don't think the characters and Pokemon are rendered in 3d. the areas are, though, and i've seen pics to proove it. i wish i could find those pics.
Mildly useless, as the sky is a black abyss.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Going back to NDS MDL0's, I checked two NDS games and both had NSBMD files, which contain a MDL0 and a TEX0 (one looked screwed though).
If we could only extract them to see if they would be useful in Brawl (as decoration or items).
Proof (Soul Silver):
You do know what this could work on right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKS7L8CmydA
pause at 0:05 and tell me that it's possible. ;)

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
i don't think the characters and Pokemon are rendered in 3d. the areas are, though, and i've seen pics to proove it. i wish i could find those pics.
Mildly useless, as the sky is a black abyss.
I was talking to Pikaz and his Pikepark lopunny model

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I use wiibrowse to extract files from wii games. What do i use to grab things from gamecube and nintendo DS ?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I use wiibrowse to extract files from wii games. What do i use to grab things from gamecube and nintendo DS ?
I need to know this too, I cannot seem to extract Luneth's model from his .lz (nor from the .lz converted to a .bin... PM me, I really need help ;~;)

Fen__

Smash Ace
I need to know this too, I cannot seem to extract Luneth's model from his .lz (nor from the .lz converted to a .bin... PM me, I really need help ;~;)
Considering GCN games don't have mdl0's, that isn't really relevant to this thread. Not sure about the DS games, though. I remember whoever extracted Kain Highwind mentioned the program(s) they used, but I don't remember the names.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
I've been wondering how to hex character animations because i've heart some talk of it being done somewhere in this thread. so...do they hex the same way as polygons or materials?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wanted to bring this to attention from the BrawlBox Creation thread, mostly because RTB is more likely to look here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6vOhI1fHao
just tested to make a stage from the battle backgrounds (or whatever it is) from ToS2
B-E-A-utiful!
Now only Lloyd playing on that stage and it would be perfect.
This.
So, I'm guessing the stages don't share the bone index numbering problems as the characters that RTB mentioned?

It sounds so simple to fix, but I wouldn't have a clue on what to look for. That, and I want to hex the CHR0's in. I'm really anxious to start and lead a ToS2 thread. I think Stoney mentioned further back (my bad, in the MDL0 thread) on how you can hex CHR0's in, but I can't recall.
EDIT: The post is somewhere in the MDL0 thread. [/quote]

Found both of Stoney's posts on how to hex in CHR0's (note this is for M&S at the Olympic Winter Games; others may need a slightly different process; doesn't hurt to try though)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9668858&postcount=2845
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9662323&postcount=2785

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thanks, RTB. Sorry if it sounded like I was rushing you. It just looks really hopeful knowing that the animations are CHR0's, the models do indeed work in other .brres viewers, and someone even got a stage up.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Anyone happen to know why Blaziken's hovering? (His feet aren't touching the ground)

What bone do I need to edit to get rid of this? It touches the floor on BrawlBox, but in-game, he's like this. Note: I didn't rename any of his bones. Is he hovering because he doesn't have a TransN bone or something?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Anyone happen to know why Blaziken's hovering? (His feet aren't touching the ground)

What bone do I need to edit to get rid of this? It touches the floor on BrawlBox, but in-game, he's like this. Note: I didn't rename any of his bones. Is he hovering because he doesn't have a TransN bone or something?
just move his origin bone closer to the ground?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

Blaziken's a fowl. Last time I checked, chickens/roosters couldn't fly... But lol.

Any more real responses?
Well, an old suggestion said just make the animation go a little lower than the floor, so it'll touch the floor ingame.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's always a good suggestion. I lowered him a little bit, but if there was any change at all, it was insignificant. I'll try lowering him by a lot, and see if it's actually making a difference or not. Thanks guys.

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
So here's a (possible) dumb question; do you actually have to OWN the game to extract the MDLO file?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
you guys should make an automatic hexer for animations ^^

I would just love to get all TvC animations :(

and NSMBW ones*

Edit:

I want Golem, Pichu, Dragonite, Mew and Sableye models >.< plz gimme gimme !!! :D

shock44

Smash Journeyman
If you just google "ISO ripper" you should find one. Your CD drive needs to be able to read Wii discs, though.
I have a samsung Super WriteMaster DVD drive and I use imgburn to make an iso of the Wii disc. Then I just open the iso in Wiiscrubber. It works just fine.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
If you just google "ISO ripper" you should find one. Your CD drive needs to be able to read Wii discs, though.
****, my computer doesn't register Wii discs

I don't suppose there's a file which makes it?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I use WiiHTTPd, personally. USB Loader GX works great too. I don't know whether we're allowed to explain how to install the required hacked IOS on Smashboards though.

Top Bottom