• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Wanted to bring this to attention from the BrawlBox Creation thread, mostly because RTB is more likely to look here

Found both of Stoney's posts on how to hex in CHR0's (note this is for M&S at the Olympic Winter Games; others may need a slightly different process; doesn't hurt to try though)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9668858&postcount=2845
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9662323&postcount=2785
this did not work for me for Golem's model from PokePark Wii :(

and I have no idea on how to make custum animations, if only I had someone who could consider helping someone in need, I love Golem guys :(
I'm getting the feeling that every game will need a different tutorial for its CHR0s. People are telling me the M&SOWG tutorial didn't work on Mario Kart Wii either.

If anybody is willing to send me a couple CHR0 files plus their hexed models, I'll see if I can puzzle out a new process for hexing that game's CHR0s. No promises, though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm getting the feeling that every game will need a different tutorial for its CHR0s. People are telling me the M&SOWG tutorial didn't work on Mario Kart Wii either.

If anybody is willing to send me a couple CHR0 files plus their hexed models, I'll see if I can puzzle out a new process for hexing that game's CHR0s. No promises, though.
Actually, I believe there have been a few cases where inserting the CHR0 without changes works immediately. Can't remember the characters that worked with it though.

Hey, sorry if this was already tested, but could Paper mario ttyd have mdl0's?
... Please read the OP.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
It's the almighty Klonoa of course ^^ If I don't start learning, how else am I supposed to help you guys in project Klonoa?
If you wanted to help then you should have asked. If you have MSN then we can chat about it and we can send you the model so you can see if you could help too.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
If you wanted to help then you should have asked. If you have MSN then we can chat about it and we can send you the model so you can see if you could help too.
I sent you a pm ^^ sign me up for the project Klonoa team.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for having to ask this again, but are graphic effects from other games also in mdl0 format, just like they are in Brawl? What I mean is, can we take Ryu's hadoken or something straight from the game for use in Brawl? If stages and people work, why don't these?

Fen__

Smash Ace
How do you get stages to work? I tried it, but it freezes in the stage selection screen after you choose it.
If you hexed the stage properly, then you're probably more likely to get a good response from the Stage Hacking Central thread.

LinkofAuburn

Smash Rookie
hey, can someone look into Winter Olympics too see if the light, neutral, and dark chao chao models are in there?
why not google for a game specific wiki like a sonic wiki and then the characters they're usually pretty good about what characters appear where.

They appear in:

Sonic Adventure,
Sonic Adventure DX,
Sonic Adventure 2,
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle,
Sonic Pinball Party,
Sonic Shuffle,
Sonic Heroes,
Shadow the Hedgehog,
Sonic Advance,
Sonic Advance 2,
Sonic Advance 3,
Sega Superstars,
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood,
Sonic Rivals 2,
Sega Superstars Tennis (cameo),
Samba de Amigo Wii (Cameo),
Sonic Unleashed,

--

So if you want a mdl0 I'd look in samba de amigo.

LinkofAuburn

Smash Rookie
Sorry for having to ask this again, but are graphic effects from other games also in mdl0 format, just like they are in Brawl? What I mean is, can we take Ryu's hadoken or something straight from the game for use in Brawl? If stages and people work, why don't these?
I'm not the greatest modder here but it MIGHT work, just you'll probably be facing issues on animations and es effects don't like to be changed @_@ so its 50/50 give it a shot ;D env's etc not to mention sometim

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Mh, not sure about that. I saw .breff files in Monster Hunter 3 but I did not take a look in them as I did not see any reason why xD

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace

This.
Is the most important post in the entire thread. (well besides the OP)
this one post answered so many of my questions its *sniff* so beautiful.
And to you sir, you have just won every internet ever created. :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
This.
Note that some CHR0's may even work without the need to hex. Otherwise, Stoney is likely correct.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
can someone see if mario kart DS has models? :3
Any Virtual Console or Non-Wii game will NOT have MDL0s.
MDL0 is a format that Nintendo developed for the Wii (and DS, but it's not quite the same), so games on any other system will NOT have them, this includes ones from older consoles on the Wii's VC.
This should answer your question.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
grrr :mad: still can't get the NSMBW error problem thing to work.
it just says this

and when hit continue or quit it just crashes brawlbox. is anyone else having this problem because bigsharkZ said that he has working koopaling models. :(

Fen__

Smash Ace
One question,
How?
I think they did it the same way as any other model, just using DS-specific programs for the archives instead of Wii ones, obviously :p. It was pretty early on (within a week of MDL0's first being imported probably), so I'm not willing to go searching for it. I remember that the post was near the top of a page, though, if you want to go look through this monstrously-sized thread yourself, though :p.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Are you talking about the Kain I imported as seen here?

That was taken from FFCC: My Life as a Darklord, not FFIV.
Possibly, but I seem to very specifically remember a conversation surrounding DS games with MDL0's. Even if Kain was never taken from FFIVDS, though, there was a crystal of some sort taken from a Pokemon game recently, I think. However, I'm starting to lose confidence in my memory.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I think that the one picture of the crystal from HG/SS was taken using that DS model viewer that I forget the name of. I believe that the DS's MDL0 format is different enough that they're not compatible with the Wii, but I haven't really confirmed that.

ds22

Smash Lord
Possibly, but I seem to very specifically remember a conversation surrounding DS games with MDL0's. Even if Kain was never taken from FFIVDS, though, there was a crystal of some sort taken from a Pokemon game recently, I think. However, I'm starting to lose confidence in my memory.
That was my picture showing Pokemon Soul Silver had MDL0's, but I didn't say I could load it into the game.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Well, disregard everything I said, then. I guess 240 pages in a month seems to run together in the mind. I looked, and there was a discussion started about looking at DS models right before the Kain from FFCC was posted, so maybe that's why I was remembering that as such.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
I think that the one picture of the crystal from HG/SS was taken using that DS model viewer that I forget the name of. I believe that the DS's MDL0 format is different enough that they're not compatible with the Wii, but I haven't really confirmed that.
There is one game for the Wii that disproves this. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. It is cross-compatible between the Wii and DS because the Wii version re-uses all of the assets from the DS version through something called the Pollux Engine.

It IS possible, it just takes some trickery to do.

hey, can someone look into Winter Olympics too see if the light, neutral, and dark chaos chao models are in there?
The three chao types appear in the audience that cheers for your character in the background. Unfortunately, they are flat 2-D sprites, not models.

However, there IS one model for the neutral Chao. It appears in one of the practice events where you follow it downhill on skis. Not sure where it is on the disc.

Depends on the game. In M&SOWG, they are. Effects for a character's "Special Move" are comprised of a model (usually a doughnut surrounding the character) with textures appearing inside of it. The effect surrounds the character's torso as they spin rapidly with their arms held out straight to either side.

Whoops sorry, I meant which ever paper mario was for the wii
I checked Super Paper Mario. None of the files have file extensions; I'm pretty sure WiiScrubber cannot read the ISO properly.

This.
Don't congratulate me yet; nobody has PMed me any files.

Top Bottom