• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yes. A bone is a bone, just because it doesn't move any polygons doesn't mean you can't attach hitboxes and stuff to them. I actually was planning on doing this once I get off my lazy butt and find a way to make Missingno. work with the current version of the bone adder.
So if I make one a HaveN, I can freely move the item she's holding wherever the hell I want? XD
<3 F*CK YES! Graphic heaven much?

This has officially inspired me to get off my lazy *ss and get back to work on Gardevoir~

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Er, I guess. I haven't actually screwed around with that kind of stuff, I'm mainly a stage person at the moment. So I would test it out first...to be safe, you know?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Except that I took a look at what the bone adding program does. It creates extra bones that all link to the root bone. So, modifying any of them will also affect the root.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Except that I took a look at what the bone adding program does. It creates extra bones that all link to the root bone. So, modifying any of them will also affect the root.
Actually, you've got that backwards. Modifying the root will modify any of the extra bones, since the bones only affect anything SLAVED to them (i.e. the shoulder affects the elbow but not the other way around).
Er, I guess. I haven't actually screwed around with that kind of stuff, I'm mainly a stage person at the moment. So I would test it out first...to be safe, you know?
EVERYTHING has to be tested when it comes to this, so that's a given. X3

EDIT: Okay, I've learned that Gardevoir CAN pick up heavy things, but anything else crashes... that's weird.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Actually, you've got that backwards. Modifying the root will modify any of the extra bones, since the bones only affect anything SLAVED to them (i.e. the shoulder affects the elbow but not the other way around).
They're seriously linked to the root bone. I'm not kidding.

Note how the MDL0 offsets are the same, and everything else except for the StringOffset and BoneIndex.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
They're seriously linked to the root bone. I'm not kidding.

[pics]

Note how the MDL0 offsets are the same, and everything else except for the StringOffset and BoneIndex.
I messed with an ExtraBone, and it had exactly zero effect on the base bone.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I messed with an ExtraBone, and it had exactly zero effect on the base bone.
Hm. Well, I actually haven't done anything with the extra bones, I just tried out the program to make sure it works. D:

(EDIT: Well, the program seems to make an exact copy of the model and tags it onto the end with the new bone list, but I cannot move the translations and save it without BrawlBox giving me an error. So yeah.)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hm. Well, I actually haven't done anything with the extra bones, I just tried out the program to make sure it works. D:

(EDIT: Well, the program seems to make an exact copy of the model and tags it onto the end with the new bone list, but I cannot move the translations and save it without BrawlBox giving me an error. So yeah.)
I'm using version v0.63b and it worked just fine for me.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
whoa, does this mean you can attach a random bone to the whole model and make it move the whole model, and then rename it transN. Because this might fix our klonoa problem.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
whoa, does this mean you can attach a random bone to the whole model and make it move the whole model, and then rename it transN. Because this might fix our klonoa problem.
Nonono. The bone HAS to be the same bone INDEX of the original TransN. What's Lucas's original TransN have as its bone index?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Nonono. The bone HAS to be the same bone INDEX of the original TransN. What's Lucas's original TransN have as its bone index?
We already made sure it was the same bone index as Lucas' TransN when we made one of Klonoa's bones that doesnt do anything into TransN.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
I was hoping I wouldn't keep needing help, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, here.
This was the model after it was fully hexed.

Looks perfect, but it's not the right size.

After using the mdl0resizer tool on the first post, I checked the model and...

It seemed stretched too much. From what I read, I have to change the x translation of the root bone to 0.1 and back to 0.

I did that... and THIS happens.

Did I miss a step or something? Have I don't something I shouldn't have?

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
I tried X, like it said, on the first post. Didn't help.
I tried Y, then Z, that got the same results.

Edit:
Well, I got Wesker in game, which I'm fairly proud of (my first game to game model swap :D). Though, he's a little thin and tall. Like the mdl0resizer only resized him on the Y scale.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I tried X, like it said, on the first post. Didn't help.
I tried Y, then Z, that got the same results.

Edit:
Well, I got Wesker in game, which I'm fairly proud of (my first game to game model swap :D). Though, he's a little thin and tall. Like the mdl0resizer only resized him on the Y scale.
From what I can tell you need to change the X translation in a hex editor. That makes it so it does not stretch.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
I've got access to my modding computer again. This is what I was talking about.

If I DO need to change the X translation with a hex editor, what's the byte address?

EDIT:
Wesker can pick up items, but they kinda get stuck in his torso.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
More importantly, has anyone gotten a new-model as an item to work and be picked up? :confused:
I didn't know that was even a problem.

Gardevoir can pick up ANY item that she doesn't have to hold... not counting the heavy items; she can pick those up too. ._.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I didn't know that was even a problem.

Gardevoir can pick up ANY item that she doesn't have to hold... not counting the heavy items; she can pick those up too. ._.
Item box from Mario Kart as Smash ball freezes. Luma from Mario kart isnt able to be picked up. The CPU's just sit their trying to pick it up its lol.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I've got access to my modding computer again. This is what I was talking about.
*some guy*
If I DO need to change the X translation with a hex editor, what's the byte address?

EDIT:
Wesker can pick up items, but they kinda get stuck in his torso.
Just go the MDL0 offset of the bone that you are changing and look for a part a few rows down and look for a part that says 3F800000 3 times after the 3F800000s you should see some more lines of 0s and one of them should have some numbers/letters in front of the 0s and thats the X,Y, and Z rotations part. Then after that is the translations. the 3F800000 part was the scale so i wouldnt touch that unless you want to see if it makes him smaller or something, I haven't tried hexing the scale. Making changes with the hex editor makes them work, instead of making the model all stretchy.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
Well, I haven't fixed the scaling issue, yet, but I've been working on getting Wesker to hold the items in his HANDS rather than in his chest. Found out, it's the same issue as the movement one. It's down to the bone ID rather than the bone name.

Because of this, I've gotta delete some bones and then add two of my own to the hand bones (for the RHaveN and LHaveN). I have an idea of how this is pulled off, but it's going to take hours to do thanks to redoing all the offsets for everything else.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Popping into this thread with a completely random proposal.

A large setback for these new chars is that they have to have all of their animations made, don't they?

Is it possible to vertex hack them so that they work with Brawl animations? Provided that you re-named the bones, too.

It would save a lot of time.

Matteron

Smash Ace
does anyone know how to fix models after resizing them with fort waffles program? I tried the standard method but it just makes it worse...

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know why some ToS stages dont work even after you hex them? cause most of them do work but a few wont appear in BrawlBox for some odd reason even though I did all the steps

and btw:

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I've finally gotten a model working in brawlbox and done all the steps. Could someone please tell me how to input the model into the game over another character? T.T Or even a link to a tutorial would be fine, I tried myself but whenever I go into the character select screen I get the continuous beep of death.

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
would anyone happen to know where are the textures found in the klonoa iso, mainly stage textures?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I've finally gotten a model working in brawlbox and done all the steps. Could someone please tell me how to input the model into the game over another character? T.T Or even a link to a tutorial would be fine, I tried myself but whenever I go into the character select screen I get the continuous beep of death.
What model is it?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
found a problem with Fortwaffles auto hexing program. it only hex's everything for the first model and for some brres the first model isint the right one. like in the grubba from NSMBW, its first model is the spike ball.

edit: sorry, it was gabon and what the heck! theres two models in brawl box but theres only one mdl0 in hex workshop.

Manko91

Smash Cadet
I'm stuck with Fortwaffles'd resizing program cause after the model is resized, Nothing seem to fix the stretched polygons, Brawl-box and a hex editor doesn't fix those polygons. If somebody can help me to fix this I'll be grateful .

Top Bottom