• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
oh sorry about that did you of sonic and the black kight use mdl0 format?
Just checked it and a few other games about two weeks ago. No, it does not use MDL0. Neither does Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, or Sonic Unleashed. No MDL0s at all, as I've already checked through memory dumps of those games. I'm also pretty sure that the two Sumo Digital-developed games (Sega Superstars Tennis, and Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing) don't have MDL0s, either, but I'm gonna check just to make sure.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I looked at the contents from the Mario Sports Mix ISO, and spotted the following things...

1: A lot of files have the .bin file extension. This also applies to the stages.

2: The folder named chr contains files that end with either .mdl or .mot.

3: A lot of the files are given odd names, which makes it hard to figure out what is what.

4: Game does support BRSTM files.

On a side note, I did do some texture dumps with that game and examined a good arsenal of texture parts. Oddly, the texture formats that only utilize grayscale colors (I4, I8, IA4, and IA8) have shades of red.

Lastly, some of the texture parts are in CI4 and CI8 format, meaning that they use palettes.

The primary post did state that the game uses MDL0 models. If that is true, maybe it also supports TEX0 and PLT0 files.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Kamen Rider Dragon Knight uses the same kind of MDL0 than Climax Heroes OOO (Packed in FPK, same kind of bones I think)

Well, Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO has already the characters from this game but...

The Advent models has their own FPK in this game so is really easy to find them

Stages are too! "the same ones of the other games"

ds22

Smash Lord
Spectrobes Origins uses MDL0:

When you open the models in BrawlBox, they looks from you instead of looking at you as they normally should do (180 degrees horizontal twist).

xZedkiel

Smash Rookie
Spectrobes Origins uses MDL0:

When you open the models in BrawlBox, they looks from you instead of looking at you as they normally should do (180 degrees horizontal twist).
:O I imagines a playable Rallen. And a playable Spectrobe counterpart. Optoger, Rygazelle, Rydrake, Saboquil, Zozane, Zozanero, Flamerax, and Zappizor would be epic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a bit of a request to offer...

From what has been stated, the Mario Sports Mix ISO contains files with an unknown compression setting. Someone should consider cracking those files, because I did want to check the contents of those files for my own purposes. It would also be nice if it were possible to read those files, even when they're still compressed; that was possible with Mario Kart Wii's SZS files after all.

Seeing as that game contains MDL0 files and BRRES files, I would think that it would support TEX0 and PLT0 files too.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I discovered another game which have MDL0, here, there is some instructions:

Driift Mania (Extract the 00000002.app using u8tool/Wii.cs tools)

-Driift Mania is a WiiWare game-
Here is a screenshot showing MDL0:

I still couldn't fix for open it on BrawlBox (actually I don't know how to do :bee:), but I opened in brres viewer, which opens 3DModels too (MDL0)

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Can someone hand me the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?? including most of their animations?
i want to work on one of the 4 turtles... and i might get some awesome help.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I think it was a Wiigame... i was it way earlier in this thread, and now am wishing to make this character, or 3 characters... it might go over Pokemon trainer and the Trainer will be Master Splinter... <_< If his model exists.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
I think it was a Wiigame... i was it way earlier in this thread, and now am wishing to make this character, or 3 characters... it might go over Pokemon trainer and the Trainer will be Master Splinter... <_< If his model exists.
Oh sorry, I can help on WiiWares, but on Wiigames have much size...

Oh well, I never saw a game of Teenage Mutant Ninjas on Wii. But I check up on gamespot and have two... Which of them you was commenting about?
TMNT?
TMNT Smash Up?
Just for people know about and try to help you :)

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
It had Raving Rabbits in it... that much i do know.

it'll be greatly appreciated if you can hand me the .BRRES

EDIT:

it was smash up.

that one is what i'd like to use seeing how most of the animations fit brawl... perfectly.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I are am is not Complaining. just need something to update my thread with...

i mean, i'm waiting for my toon link over Bowser port, so i can do PSA.

i'm as well waiting for the other model ports i need to get started on my PSA's

and i am really interested in the ninja turtles.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Please add Drifft Mania to the list Random Talking Bush!
Sorry, I was away from the Smash Boards for a few days. It's in the first post now.

I really need those turtles <_<

i mean, someone even fixed them and such....
I'll send you Leonardo's files for the moment. Later on, I'll fix up the other three and upload them, too. And to answer your earlier question, Splinter's in the game, too.

You need to be patient. Me, I'm still waiting for a way to read (and modify) those compressed files from Mario Sports Mix. Complaining won't get us anywhere.
I'll send you a link to the Mario Sports Mix models I've corrected so far. I'll mention in this topic when the rest are all fixed up, since I'll have to send those out to the others that wanted 'em, too. But as for modifying them, good luck. I have no idea how they're compressed.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Thank you very much.

i might only need Leanardo...

i mean it's rather hard to think of a full moveset for a character whom i recall had no "real" special moves.

i might look at Smash up to be sure though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll send you a link to the Mario Sports Mix models I've corrected so far. I'll mention in this topic when the rest are all fixed up, since I'll have to send those out to the others that wanted 'em, too. But as for modifying them, good luck. I have no idea how they're compressed.
Well that truly sucks. Someone should really consider cracking the compression of those Mario Sports Mix files; I'm pretty sure that there are people who want to get their hands on those court models after all. And on my end, texture hacking the game.

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
A bit of something on the okami models:
yes, thats the model from Okami
and how'd i get it to work... export the textures, and re-add them, and change some of them to CMPR. Okami's skin is CMPR, but the other textures dont show up properly yet, still working on that. im still fixing on Ammy's teeth... so far CMPR, and other formats dont make it show properly for some reason

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Lol @ Wii Shop having MDL0s.
Isn't much a 3D Model, it's a 2D-3Dmodel with the Animations...
Like the downloading section... There are animations, CHR0...

Or the spinning loading at the start, it is a MDL0 too...

But yeah, I rofl'd too

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I noticed you guys have a fair amount of knowledge of games with mdl0s and I need to ask you a favor or anyone who knows the answer:
I need a skeleton model, you know ribcage bones that stuff like a zombie without flesh, and its gota be an mdl0 and I was wondering if you guys know of any games that use mdl0s with skeletons in them? Thanks in advance
-Omni

FYI: the model is for my Sasuke PSA and I need it ASAP

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
10CHAR? Huh that's new!

Also, RTB... You will post the WiiChannels in the list too? It's a "kind" of a "game" :p
Hm, odd. Nevertheless, they're in the first post.

Anyway, I wonder how long it'll be before we reach 100 games? We're up to 90 so far, including variations (since I'm counting both Tatsunoko vs. Capcom versions and the English/Japanese Naruto games as separate entries).

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hello? RandomTBush can you help me out with my skeleton model please??

Or anybody for that matter?? Need it ASAP please just need to know the name of a game that has one that uses mdl0s!
-Omni

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Er RTB...
Fixing up somethings:

"Mii Channel [BIOS]
- (Use either SZS Modifier or YAZ0Dec.exe to decrypt the files, and U8Tool to unpack them.)

Wii Shop Channel [BIOS]"

The MiiChannel need to unpack with SZS, and the Shop Channel only need to extract the app... got it?

Top Bottom