• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I actually have some interesting new information to report regarding that. Turns out that there are unpackers for the .PAK files used in Metroid Prime 1 and 2 on the Gamecube (apparently the files were encoded differently for each game). If Prime 3 had as much of its content ported to the Wii as I suspect, one of the unpackers might work on its files.
Sorry, they use an entirely different format for models (CMDL). We Metroid fans have been looking at them for a while. Prime 3's engine is based of off 2's, so it uses essentially the same format with minor modifications.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
why isn't anyone posting here anymore? where is everyone?
this thread is kinda boring with no one showing off their stuff
Bionic already said something, but I have noticed that RTB hasn't shown face around here in a while. He could either a) be taking a break or b) working on something epic.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Bionic already said something, but I have noticed that RTB hasn't shown face around here in a while. He could either a) be taking a break or b) working on something epic.
I've just been ripping some sprites from MegaMan 10, that's all. So, yeah, I am taking a bit of a break.

But, like I said a few days ago, the next thing I'm gonna try to do is add shadowing to the WMAT stage I ported. Then I might try a few other things.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Cool, I'm basically just reading around the place on stuff. I've found hexing incredibly difficult to figure out and it bothers me. I anticipate your start on Lloyd, but don't worry about it.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
I actually have some interesting new information to report regarding that. Turns out that there are unpackers for the .PAK files used in Metroid Prime 1 and 2 on the Gamecube (apparently the files were encoded differently for each game). If Prime 3 had as much of its content ported to the Wii as I suspect, one of the unpackers might work on its files.

This doesn't mean the game uses MDL0s. In fact, it probably doesn't because it wasn't made in Japan and wasn't originally a Wii game. But the only way to know with 100% certainty is to unpack those files. (I did not find the MDL0 string when I looked at them with a hex editor, but the compression could have affected that.)
dude i need to haz NOWZ! I came on here to officially report that Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn uses .pak, not .mdl0. but if theres an extractor for Pak then that is very good news. happen to know where that extractor is?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Is anyone here able to add more than 100 bones to a model and get it to work properly? If so, I need to know what you are doing.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if there's a .DAT unpacker or something. I'm looking through Donkey Kong barrel blast and that's all there is for characters.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Pikazz, how did you get it to work? I was able to add bones, but the game still freezes after I choose the stage. Am I supposed to do something to the ExtaBones before I load the model in-game?
first off, used right model with fixed and poly? :3

then, how many bones did you add?
I never add more than 20 :3, then I add 20 more I most (and more until I reach the minimun with 10 more bones)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
well, I made it to leafbarrett :3
and he said it worked excellent C:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j5nnmtzgizn

Anyone who can add 160 bones to that model AND get it to work will win one free internet. I've tried doing them all at once and splitting them up 20 at a time using the bone adder. I've even attempted to do it manually, after looking at how the bone adder modifies the nodes, to no avail.

So yeah. Add me 160 bones and I'll love you for life. Missingno. relies on this badly.
And before anyone asks, this model is from Brawl. The link is to the All Brawl Files mediafire archive....so I hope there isn't anything wrong with posting a link that can be found elsewhere in this same forum.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
How do you remove the glossy stuff on the Pokepark models? 0_o

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
I know that someone a while back in this thread was making a bowser's ship level from NSMBW and and they were talking about how it wouldnt work. but they eventually found out the fix for the models and because i'm really lazy and really dont want to read through 100 pages of posts, I was hoping someone remembered how :bee:

Manko91

Smash Cadet
Tales of symphonia models seem to work perfectly on others brres viewer :

If the bone tree is screw up, it might be a byte or something who is causing that error

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hmm...does My Pokemon Ranch use MDL0? I know the models are ugly as crap, but I'm actually kinda interested in using one or two of them.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
If someone has My Pokemon Ranch could they take a little peak inside of it. I'm just curious as to what model type it uses. Like I said, I know the models are bad.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
If someone has My Pokemon Ranch could they take a little peak inside of it. I'm just curious as to what model type it uses. Like I said, I know the models are bad.
Just to let you know, I have MPR and I'm checking it right now.

EDIT: Nope, I didn't see any MDL0s when I opened it in Hex Editor.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Just to let you know, I have MPR and I'm checking it right now.

EDIT: Nope, I didn't see any MDL0s when I opened it in Hex Editor.
Strange, because after doing a memory dump of Pokémon Rumble (which has pretty much the same models), I found MDL0s. The files are compressed, ya see.

I'll check MPR in a bit.

Top Bottom