• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Why would you have to worry about this if you could make your township shine through ?

And it would be pure WIFOM to boot.
Lol WIFOM? Really? I have no idea how to use that let alone actually implement.

But it wasnt even about you being on, it was advice dog about answering vs not answering , there wasn't really a need for that reaction , do you see what I am saying ?
Somewhat.

But i never went off on Ori 0_0
You had your vote on him for a while.

So town should be easy after all the scum roles right ?
Lol no. I play town like an idiot.

So do you get anything out of RVS
No not really. I like to spaz around and just say **** it.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Okay sorry for my absence. I've read through the thread now but I don't have much to say to be honest.

@Kary : No at this moment I'm not seeing a Rake/BW team based on the way they're talking to each other. It's possible but it doesn't make sense why Rake would want to lynch BW if they were partners. I'll read into it more later on though for sure.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It is a 7:2 ratio, as Rake corrected me(Thank you for that). That's about a 30% randomly voting. Now I see that, through these questions, you are trying to see through the others to notice scum. However, there is always the chance that, even playing cautiously, the wrong man is lynched. I see it as a risky move with a high reward.
Well first of all, you asked why we are randomly lynching somebody. What gives you the impression that we're lynching somebody, currently? Not every vote leads to a lynch, not even a series of votes necessarily leads to a lynch. As far as I can see we weren't lynching anybody at this point at all!
Most of all though, it is not random! Against the odds =/= random. We're lynching somebody and accept that by pure statistics said player is more likely to be town than scum. We also base the lynch on some sort of reasoning - at worst it happens to be an inactive player but that's still better than not lynching anybody.

Lynching players each Day is a desirable course of action and is done in almost all mafia games ever. There is a good reason for that: a successful lynch gives us informarion we can be sure of to be accurate without having to rely on the word of other players. It's also the only source of information that allows us to hold players accountable of something. Yes, it is 'risky' but that is exactly the reason why town always outnumbers the anti-town factions - because it's not only risky but also necessary for the progress of the game.

We will lynch somebody toDay and it won't be a random lynch.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Is anyone else completely not buying this performance being put on by Rake? His cocky attitude and constant jumping around back and forth between several targets seems like he's just trying too hard to look like he's doing something. All he's really done is call people scum.
I don't buy it either. However, there are a few things you should think about before you hastily conclude that Rake is scum for it:

1.) What exactly is the scummy aspect of his play. How does it make him scum?
2.) Why - as scum - would he do what he is doing? What benefit would mafia gain from it?
3.) Can you not think of one - or even several - reason why he could be playing that way as town?

This is where mafia becomes difficult and often a matter of personal interpretation of the actions: you have to differentiate the fine line between "I don't like what this guy is doing" and "this guy is scum". Yes, Rake is irritating and annoying and it seems unlikely that the way he's acting will give us any useful reactions. But does that make him scum? I'm not saying it doesn't but I'm saying that you need to support that claim more thoroughly. The annoying guy isn't always the bad guy, and the guy who's nice and friendly to you isn't always a good guy.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Oh I haven't hastily concluded that he is scum for it. I'm just trying to poke at him. I like that he's active, but if he just posts nonsense all day, he'll be as useful as the inactive people he wishes to lynch.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Oh I haven't hastily concluded that he is scum for it. I'm just trying to poke at him. I like that he's active, but if he just posts nonsense all day, he'll be as useful as the inactive people he wishes to lynch.
Except that....
No one else is really posting.

And did you miss the part where I`ve been lightly tunneling badwulf to to get a better read on him.

No one seems willing to apply more votes or pressure to him and no one is offering an alternative area to pressure .

So until then :

Vote: Badwulf

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Badwulf, before I answer that, I have a couple questions for you , after that I`ll tell you exactly what is up.

1st Question : Am I scum for tunneling you ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

If i swap my attention elsewhere, and you agree with that swap, would you back me up pressuring that slot ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Depending on the slot. You haven't given me the chance to look at other people all that much so you would have to convince me.
That makes it sound like there is a particular slot which has caught your eye besides mine, is that accurate ?

Also i`m interested in pressuring Gheb.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
No, no slot has gotten any attention other than yours. I haven't been able to fully read anyone.

Gheb would be interesting. Give me some reasoning first.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Gheb is an experienced player.
At yet he has chosen to go straight to the path of advice-dog early this game, and he has yet to comment on much beyond liking how BSP stood up to me and telling me to chill my tunneling.
The only other thing i can recall is his little back and forth with King of Brawl about lynches and such.

And while this isnt necessarily scummy, it raises the question of what Gheb is really doing and why he has yet to make a real comment (i.e taking a stance on either side of our back and forth ) , or more than what i have already stated, pressuring him may incline him to do so.

Pre-emptive UNVOTE

Last question: I give you a gun, who do you shoot and why ?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"Advice dog" is like the lamest, most generic accusation you can make. Especially on an IC slot. My main goal is to get everybody involved in the discussion before I weigh in on stuff. Ori / Loli still have to give us anything worthwhile so before that I'm not taking the spotlight away from the newbies. I'm not there to solve everything for them but to give them advice.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And no, pressuring really won't make me inclined to change my mind. I mean, if it really came down to actually lynching my slot I'd probably give you something just to not have me lynched but that doesn't mean I've actually changed my mind in that regard. I'll continue to play this way as long as needed. It's not like you can realistically expect earth-shattering information from me at this point.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
King of Brawl has Requested Replacement. I will be looking for one immediately.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Welp there goes the towniest town to ever town a town.

I am going to have a moment of silence for this devastating loss.

While i do that , one of the IC's can explain tunneling.

I know Kary and Gheb are both here >.>

:75M:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote
Vote: Rake
Self-voting. As a townie, you shouldn't self-vote, at all. It goes against your win condition of trying to find and lynch scum. There are rare cases when it is acceptable to self-vote as scum (such as when you're going to be lynched anyways and doing so will end the Day). Despite this, players can and will occasionally self-vote; often as a joke, or when they are particularly frustrated with a game.

Lol WIFOM? Really? I have no idea how to use that let alone actually implement.
WIFOM, or Wine In Front Of Me. Named after a scene in the film 'The Princess Bride' involving two cups of wine and some very convoluted reasoning. WIFOM is circular reasoning that arises when a person knows their actions are going to be looked at. The likelihood of that person performing a certain action changes because they know you are also aware of how likely it is. People often mis-use the term 'WIFOM'...

While i do that , one of the IC's can explain tunneling.
Tunneling; pushing/questioning one player to the exclusion of all else; only focusing on one player in particular. Normally used in cases where it's not obvious why that player deserves so much attention.

Rake I told you before not to do that.

Also calm down.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think a deeper look into Rake could benefit town right now.
Could you expand on this for me Ori? Do you think Rake needs looking at in particular?

All he's really done is call people scum.
This doesn't seem like a fair assessment of Rake's play to me. Please talk to me about what you think of both Rake and Badwolf so far.

Okay sorry for my absence. I've read through the thread now but I don't have much to say to be honest.
If you don't have much to say, you should probably ask something. Is there anyone who has caught your eye so far? Anyone who you think might be scum?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Deal , I'll leave it to all the other active memb....
Oh wait, that's right :glare:
No, I meant telling the IC's to explain things.

But on a side note, there isn't a required post count or anything, you don't have to make up for everyone else not being here. IMO Soup started the game a bit early, but we still have things to work with.

Now hop this Ori waggon already

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

VOTE : Ori

And I'll stop asking you , I just figured me asking would be faster than you IC's having to search out examples during dayPhase when stuff is going down.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yo, if it's idle banter, take it to the social thread, right?

Badwolf, Ori is clearly scum and you should be voting for him, right?

Top Bottom