• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Robocop (Congratulations to M2K/Hall/CAO/Tedeth and many more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
preferable someone we know will take an interest in us. typical top players wont want to hang out or play friendlies. above all else, gotta make sure its a cool person.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
we've been there guys, we know whats up

people to consider

havok
hall
oats
lain
dehf
mikehaze
bardull
pretty much anyone in socal
don
m2k
typh

nearly everyone else that isnt on that list should be avoided.
good listing of people good at melee as well as brawl (wait waht)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If SS came, the result would be something like Ken winning with GAW. Oh wait...

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I am most likely coming to this, Rocky was too good and this may even be better!

Getting international players over is a nice addition if it is to happen, would be nice to get some top players at Robocop :)

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Aha we should totally get Armarda =D lol he would 4-stock everyone 100 times XD but oh well. nah it should be awesome. Even if i get sceduled to work on the dates im coming to robocop. It is far more important ;D

EDIT: Armarda AND mango should come.... thatd be sweeeet, M2K too and SilentSpectre XD but he wouldn't come D:

kupo

Smash Lord
Aha dont worry Rob, Falcon is great. But SS would be a terrible example. I doubt there is anyone in Australia who could even come close to beating him in a match.
Wow wtf.

You don't even come close to beating any decent players here.

Jog on bro.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL KO and I both just barely lost to G&W coz we got too cocky.....JUST LIKE KEN DID IN SURVIVOR! LOL Ken you funny guy!

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Wow wtf.

You don't even come close to beating any decent players here.

Jog on bro.
I know I am bad at the game, but SilentSpectre almost beat Mango I don't think anyone in australia could come close to winning against him. I was merely telling rob i dont think he should base his assumption of C.Falcon on SS because we would all lose to him.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Time for some updates.

The CW AGM went ahead pretty well today. Positions were selected with Loki and Zan assuming President roles, although Loki will be gearing down. Nick and CAOTIC are now assuming vice-president roles in CW.

CW currently has 3 dedicated TV's for Smash, but now we are looking to purchase an additional 4 flat CRTs, so we will soon no longer need players to bring in TV's for Smash for regular monthly tournaments.

CW currently has 10 tables for event usage, but we are now looking to purchase around an additional 5 tables.

Smash will now have a permanent projector and 70" screen. We are also getting a new PA system to share.

Regarding sponsorship of a player for Robocop, the committee decided that the money should go into the pot and if a foreign player wanted to come here and claim it, they should fly over to win it. I'm cool with that. Inflated pots for everyone!

Sieg

Smash Champion
You don't, there is a Euro coming.

Just people are throwing around ideas for a sponsored player should there ever be one.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
You don't, there is a Euro coming.

Just people are throwing around ideas for a sponsored player should there ever be one.
no, a top 10 european player has 'expressed interest'

anyway the obvious choice for who we try to lure over is m2k
as he is actually good at both games

but now that we're not sponsering, we just tell all america and europe that we gun have big pot and robocop becomes bigger than genesis

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The mystery European player is pretty much confirmed once we have a date for Robocop btw :)

And yes, our pot will roughly double with no sponsorships. Combined, it should be somewhere between $3000-$4000.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
are you going to reveal this mystery player before the tournament
when

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Ill probly make it there with maybe a few from SA. Hope to see the people I met at Relaoded on the weekend there.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I know the feeling, Surgi :p Though I wouldn't mind losing, I just don't want to be completely destroyed...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the players I've heard more of than seen face off - been a long time since I've had a fresh spin on Melee.....even Brawl for that *announcers voice* Snake, Meta Knight, Meta Knight, Falco....ZZzzZZzz

To those who want to come but fear losing - don't be worried about this kind of thing. You will have a great time, pick up some new tricks, meet some new people and if you're worried about not being good enough don't be....not everyone can be top seeded players who pwn face by spamming top tier characters and their chain grabs (yeah you know who you are you cheap guys :p).

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah what Rainbow said.

I come to these events and always lose, yet still enjoy myself.

Get over your egos and learn to lose...... yes, that's my line for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom