• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hmmm, now I have requests to make this either early or late January. Decisions, decisions. Blarg, I'll let Shaz handle it. He can be the new director, haha.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I accept all money matches in the same order and Shaz starting from $10. Noone getting friendlies from me unless youre cool.

So that's everybody except Sam LOL :):):):):) jk

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
This is Shaz! OK start saving up you guys. I want a money match with every man and his dog at this tourney. $20 at very least per match. You have plenty of time to save it up + get good enough to beat me so no Johns. I'll make this tourney all I can but in return I want people to money match me ok? I'm 12% american now.
Lol at this shaz, I'll do it, but I'm dictating the chars and the stage, ( Gannon vs Roy, @ DL64)lol.

I'm in, this will be good fun when the time comes. If we have a few crew matches (Fun or mm, whatever) I forsee a return of the Flaming Manjuices...

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well looks like I'll be in Melbourne around January 30th, now if I was lucky enough for this tournament to work in with a similar time frame.... lol *crosses fingers*

Every day I look forward to this tournament more and more.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Super Duper Special Update Cus I Love You, But Not As Much As A Boozer And Wolf

*GREETINGS FROM GEORGIA AND FLORIDA!*

How does January 27 and/or 28 sound to everyone? It'll be around the Australian Open Finals, and the Muse/Tool concerts hit right after that. Melbourne is too cool - event capital.

I'm thinking the following fees for the events are as follows:
- $20 Singles
- $10 Doubles (per person)
- Free Crews (as long as you enter Singles and Doubles)

POT DISTRIBUTION (SINGLES + DOUBLES)
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Just imagine if, say, only 40 people came and having a free venue. The payout for first would be $480!!!!! SO WE NEED A FREE/CHEAP VENUE

Rest assured, all money collected will go back into the tournament, wether it be the pot, or a venue hire.

To make up for the fee, I think I can whip up a tourney structure that would allow people to play as many people as possible (much like a big pool with small rounds). I'll throw up complete a ruleset later.

It's also fun to start thinking about Interstate crews. 4 people as a minumum, 5 as a max.

Questions? Also, does anybody know of a cheap/free venue in Mebourne that would be suited for a Smash Tournament? The cheaper we get a place for, the more money can be spent back into the tournament (I hire expensive).

IF ANYONE CAN SOLVE THIS, THEN THEY WILL GET A REWARD

WHO WANTS TO BE VICTORIAN CAPTAIN?!!

I NOMINATE SIR CRONOS RAINBOW, CUS HE KNOWS MORE ABOUT THE VICS THAN I DO. AND WE NEED TO KICK A$$ - NO STATE JOHNS ALLOWED, MATEYS.

Can someone from Victoria inform me of the best players suited to be in the crew battle?

#UPDATE# - Cronos Rainbow is now a joint director of this tournament!! If anyone else wants to help me please tell me now!

I MAKE GOOD VIDEOS!! ANYONE WANT ME TO BACHIFY THIS TOURNAMENT?! IF SO, LET ME KNOW NOW, CUS I'M GONNA NEED MORE TOURNEY HELPERS IF I DO.

PLEASE BRINGS WIIS!!!!!!!! WE WILL BE PLAYING MELEE ON A FREAKING WIIIIIIIIIIIII

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
This is Shaz: crews - I think Victoria should probably have two teams. It would be a good idea to break up KO and myself since we're broken. I can think of some players I could imagine would be on the crews: Anf, Freddo, Mark, Mikul, Gloth, KO, myself. If thats say 5 people per crew then there;s a decent amount for Victoria to have two nice teams.

I think Freddo would make a good captain of a crew for vic

N30N

Smash Apprentice
Sloth here.
I will help run the tournament if you need extra hands.

If Tas gets nb hopefully we can have a crew, but I don't see it happening as of yet.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Jaz for NSW Captain, His got those leadership skills.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I think Freddo would make a good captain of a crew for vic
Yea I'd love to captain a team. I'll definitely have Anf, Mark, Gloth/Mikul (whoever's better, they seem pretty even atm) and either Shaz/Cao depending on what they decide. If Cao or Shaz end up in my crew then they should just be captain?? The rest of the Melbourne smashers can form their own crews or help fill in the spots of half crews like Tasmania by the sounds of it.

As for doubles: I'm looking at Shaz or Cao (who might wanna go with Anf?). Confirm me Shazzy baby.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I've seen posts from people saying they're arriving to Melbourne on the 30th? But the tourney date is January 27th/28th? What's up with that?

Anyways, media, I want heaps for this tourney, and I'm gonna try to make sure we get it. I want heaps of matches taped.

What's happening with BOO dudes?

King Kong

Smash Lord
Cao, i'll be more than happy to bring down my laptop and help you out. My laptop ran the first SEAT and its only fitting it should make another appearance. I ran SQUAT 1 and 2 pretty well so im sure i can help a little.

Myself, ben and toai will most likely come. Syke and Gosu will hopefully come bacause we need them if we wanna do well. It would be nice if King_mos would come but he thinks competitive smash rules are homo so he proly wont. If Andrew can convince his parents (unlikey) then he'll be coming.

If Vyse and ACCELERATE and the other gold coasters could come iot would be great... but somehow i doubt they will.

So it seems that there will be enough of us to have a crew.

Syke.... it makes sense that i be captain. If only for the fact that i've played most of the Vics. Nothing personal of course... but its like when Wife was leader of EC... it was cos he is charasmatic leader able to make good decisions.

looking forward to seeing you all again.

Shaz, i demand a DK ditto, you're the one DK that stands in my way of being the best DK in Aus.

peace out

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Is this true KK the best Dk in Oz...
i dunno if you could go for a best kirby in Oz kirby dittos are so lame >.<
but 4blaze, we still having one right?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Oooh now those are very convenient dates for me, I could come down, crash somewhere for those few days, find a way to fill the next to then cruise to the Muse concert at night. I will go over this information with my Smash companions.

Yes lots of media from this tourney would be awesome. I'd like to help there, since I'm in a short film productions company... but I think our January is all booked up with a few short films I think.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah Freddo, that's why I made the tourney dates fall right before the concerts, so they can stay for just a bit longer for the Smasheroonie too. I don't mind who I team up with as long as its one of you guys <3<3<3<3 I guess Shaz and I want you to captain the Victoria team that has you, Anf, Mikul, Gloth and Mark in it. Shaz and I might have an old-skool Victorian team along similar strengths.

This is just a play on what could finally happen?

A TEAM
Freddo, Anfology, Markarse, Glothrenite (Unless he decides to represent QLD), Mikul, (Forblaze, Phantasmo as alternates)

B TEAM
Cronos Rainbow, Emily, CAOTIC, SabreAnt, CATS?

KK - Awesome!! I've got a laptop now too, so 2 is great! One can be for dumping vids, the other for the tourney :)
Syke - Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind.
I've talked to Bringer about this and hopefully he's trying to get Mic and Queztalcotl to come, so it's looking pretty good at the moment.

CUTE

Omojica

Smash Cadet
can the tournament be hosted a few weeeks/days earlier? coz those dates are really close to when school starts....but its ok if u can't change dates....=;(

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yeah I agree with KO and his new and old school vic teams :)!
Teams eh? Well if Emily does end up coming I want to team with her as I was never allowed to due to the whole overpowered thing. If she doesn't come I'll team with you Freddo....we can call ourselves team Shaddo :)
KK you beat Bringer in DK ditto?

King Kong

Smash Lord
KK you beat Bringer in DK ditto?
Well....... it was close but i won more dittos than i lost. It was mostly to do with me having better combos.

Bear in mind that DK is my main while bringer only uses him for fun. And bringer is still much better than me im just better at that matchup.

peace out

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
At the moment it looks like pretty much any date in Jan would be fine by me, so I'm not worried there.

The Poultry Mafia (myself and Chooker) will be there as a team, so watch out!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Snes and Oliver: You guys haven't said you CANTT make it because of the dates, just that it runs close. So you guys should be able to make it regardless, no?

I attend tourneys next to important dates just fine, so it should be all good.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Can come on the 27/28 january and I'll for sure have a Wii by that date. Can help with tourney if anyone needs extra GC or organising stuff.

Not worried about it just have to tell parents about it and what they think of me joining a tourney. They already think I spend too much time on video games.

snes101

Smash Apprentice
Snes and Oliver: You guys haven't said you CANTT make it because of the dates, just that it runs close. So you guys should be able to make it regardless, no?
Well in my case, the NZ school term doesn't start till Feburary (?), but Oliver's case may be less fortunate. :( I'll ask him about it later tonight.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Wont be around to see this unfortunately if it is at the end of Jan, will be gone 22nd to 29th. Not that I would participate though, just to come spectate and provide you with some ooers and ahhhs. ;)

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
lol Project64k? Tried that for a while found keyboard too awkward to fight pro style. Currently looking for a trio linker or something like that for my computer.

Speaking of Wiis will anyone introduce SSBB into the tournament scene next january when it comes out?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well in my case, the NZ school term doesn't start till Feburary (?), but Oliver's case may be less fortunate. :( I'll ask him about it later tonight.

Any updates? I might look into making it a week earlier if I realy have to, but for now things seem to be working fine with the date.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Yea I'd love to captain a team. I'll definitely have Anf, Mark, Gloth/Mikul (whoever's better, they seem pretty even atm) and either Shaz/Cao depending on what they decide. If Cao or Shaz end up in my crew then they should just be captain?? The rest of the Melbourne smashers can form their own crews or help fill in the spots of half crews like Tasmania by the sounds of it.
You do know that this is a great incentive for me to sharpen my skills you know, Freddo. I can also sell myself further by saying that I am fluent in several characters, lol.

Cao i'm happy with the date, and as for teams I want Sloth to team up with...

Top Bottom