• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

freddo

Smash Journeyman
You guys haven't met Kaydash yet? What's going on...he's so old school. I wonder who's got the skills? Coz Kaydash has been around for while now, but you young QLD kids are pretty eager.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I met and won against Kaydash at SEAT2. It was probably only because he SD'd twice, though.

Kaydash, when/if you come to the tournament, you need to wear that wicked Dr. Mario T-shirt again. It was the only shirt at SEAT2 that rivalled my Hawaiian for awesomeness.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I never got to play Kaydash at seat2. I actually didn't end up doing too many friendlies. I tend to miss playing a lot of ppl, so hopefully this time I can make up for that.

Or I'll say that now and just end up slacking off :)

King Kong

Smash Lord
I met and won against Kaydash at SEAT2. It was probably only because he SD'd twice, though.

Kaydash, when/if you come to the tournament, you need to wear that wicked Dr. Mario T-shirt again. It was the only shirt at SEAT2 that rivalled my Hawaiian for awesomeness.
Pfffft!!!! My tight Pink Floyd shirt was 200 times sexier than that hawaiian thing.

peace out

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Oh yeah! The Pink Floyd shirt! I don't think a Hawaiian and a Dr. Mario t-shirt can be compared to a Dark Side of the Moon shirt. They're two different types of sexiness; one of them is regular sexy, while the other is sexy with abit of crazy mixed in.

I think it's up to us three to come up with the most awesome shirts for this tournament again. Then at the end we can have a round robin of some sort just between us to decide who wins title of best shirt.

Glothrenite

Smash Apprentice
SHAZ HERE:
Ken....you'd lose but you're welcome to come and find out the hard way! :p
KO you're attempt to be cocky is so cuuutteee...it just wont work though...I've firmly established my place as the cocky king of the manchilds! You can be the cheapness king if you can outcheap CATS *cough*not ganna happen!*COUGH*....lol bandwagon king you shall always be :p

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
My absence presence, not even in spirit, was the ultimate sexy. But I'm just not cool enough for all the Out-Of-Queensland Smashers :(.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Stop sexing everything. I was talkin to my dad and he said that the family probs isnt going to melbourne, their going to hong kong instead. So now, its either hong kong, or smash in melbourne. Why does this always happen?

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I was supposed to chat with a woman who manages the function rooms at the church I work in on Thursday, but she didn't show up. So my next opportunity will be Monday (tomorrow). So I hope all goes well. There are two rooms, both fit for the tourney, however one is considerably larger and just perfect for a smash tourney. The place has two kitchens, toilets, ample tables/chairs and powerpoints situated in every corner. The room is square and so all tables can be pushed to the outer walls leaving plenty of room for a big crowd to view the finals or any exciting matches (*cough* Anf v. Yvette).

But...there are no places to eat within walking distance (Well there are, but given time constraints due to the the tourney you can't afford to be wandering off to the shops for 45-60 mins). I'm guessing we could organise something to get around that. There is a plaza up the road reachable by car in 3/4 mins. Also, I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me, but I don't think there are whiteboards or anything to keep track of tourney matches and progress results. There are ways around that too though.

Are you excited yet? I'm thinking that even if we had to pay to use this place for one day it's worth every dollar. Since the woman knows me through her dealings with my boss then I may be able to get a cheaper price. The only thing that stands in the way is of course if the place has been hired out for Jan 27th, she says 'NO!', or we find a better place...lol

PS: Syke...your family had already planned to come down to Melbourne, and just today they decided to change their minds and take a left turn into Hong Kong? What the freak...My advice: Hong Kong is always gonna be there, this tourney isn't. So if you don't come, this tourney will be ruined...thanks a lot you selfish bast@rd.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
In conclusion, we hold this tournament in Hong Kong wooooooooooooo! Australia Smash Scene Goes to Hong Kong!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pay for my flight to HK and I'm there. I even have a friend or two who will most likely put me up if we go there. >_>

Come on Syke, you have to come. My Yoshi needs to take on the best in Aus, and since you seem to take KK quite well then you have to verse me!!!

<--- Is extremely excited.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Pay for my flight to HK and I'm there. I even have a friend or two who will most likely put me up if we go there. >_>

Come on Syke, you have to come. My Yoshi needs to take on the best in Aus, and since you seem to take KK quite well then you have to verse me!!!

<--- Is extremely excited.
Eh? Zac takes me quite well? Jeez, whos been spreading this misinformation? Im not sure if ive been cleverly insulted or complimented (Confused) :)

peace out

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
>_>.

Last I checked, Syke's Marth beat you in a Qld tournament.

<_<

Maybe I should check this information more often, that information was from you back in Sydney x_x.

Sloth

Smash Ace
lol.
I'd love to watch the Yoshi vs Marth rapage.
I still remember how painful it can be. So it would be great to watch for once ^_^

Good luck Freddo! Hope it all goes well

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Best of luck Freddo, hope the answer is YES... if not I propose some sort of riot... riots are always fun, when you aren't getting trampled... which I probably would. I recommend another counter attack.

But of course we all know the answer will have to be yes, because we Smashers are awesome. Nuff' said.

King Kong

Smash Lord
>_>.

Last I checked, Syke's Marth beat you in a Qld tournament.

<_<

Maybe I should check this information more often, that information was from you back in Sydney x_x.
Hmmmm... i may have shot myself in the foot there.

Anyways, cant wait for more Yoshi dittos :)

peace out

freddo

Smash Journeyman
But of course we all know the answer will have to be yes, because we Smashers are awesome. Nuff' said.
Awesome? Are we awesome enough to play in a church?...that's the question. I spoke to her, she said Saturday is troublesome because it's 'cleaning day' pfft. So she didn't say it was impossible, just troublesome - which means it's definitely possible possible. She left me saying, 'I'll discuss it with the church council'. I don't know, I have a good feeling but we'll see. To knock off the problem of finding a venue this early would be great though. Fingers crossed.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Hey, we're not just smashers, but Australian Smashers!

We'll do the cleaning God-Speed in the church for her (Hahah get it? God, Church, God-Speed, Church lolololol -_-). And why would we you ask? Because we're awsome.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Whats the name and address of the church? I wanna scope it out on Google maps. Cheerio.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Whats the name and address of the church? I wanna scope it out on Google maps.
Now there's google maps? There's already google, google earth, google videos, google mail etc etc

Fingers crossed.
Yes, Fingers crossed. Hopefully it should all go well. You should also tell her that it's not going to be for any old smasher meet but its for the 'whole of Australia' meet.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
188 McDonalds Road, Epping, 3076. It's hard to find...I think there's a band of cloud covering it atm. Good luck.

Yes...There is a big *** cloud right over it and you can't see anything. Are these satellite images real time? You'll have to check back later.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Hey, we're not just smashers, but Australian Smashers!

We'll do the cleaning God-Speed in the church for her (Hahah get it? God, Church, God-Speed, Church lolololol -_-). And why would we you ask? Because we're awsome.
Its all true, not a word can be denied. And aahahaha at "God-Speed" now thats enough about that play on words lol :chuckle:

Yes...There is a big *** cloud right over it and you can't see anything. Are these satellite images real time? You'll have to check back later.
**** you clouds! Don't ruin our google map fun!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can't you change the settings on google map so you can see the street-map style instead of the satellite image style?

It is kinda sucky having the satellite image covered in clouds though.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
You can even hybrid the map to have satellite and road names...the road is clearly visible but it would be nice to see the actual place. Comparing the image now to this morning, I'd say the clouds are moving. It's really close to Epping station which is good for drivers picking up the others. A bus connected to the station also stops right out the front of this place.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
True... You have no idea how cocky that sounded >_>a...

Also, just cause you came 1st in SQUAT 2v2 doesn't mean your 1st in Queensland... It means your 1st in Southern Queensland (yes I'm being a big fat jerk because I disaprove cockiness even though I am), just until Syke and Gosu both make it to the tournament and team again. But till then, good job on 1st.

On a side note, I fell sick after SQUAT3! :D JOHNZ, but I was playing incredibly ****ty.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
True... You have no idea how cocky that sounded >_>a...

Also, just cause you came 1st in SQUAT 2v2 doesn't mean your 1st in Queensland... It means your 1st in Southern Queensland (yes I'm being a big fat jerk because I disaprove cockiness even though I am), just until Syke and Gosu both make it to the tournament and team again. But till then, good job on 1st.

On a side note, I fell sick after SQUAT3! :D JOHNZ, but I was playing incredibly ****ty.
Yeah, I had been "Willing" my flu away for 3 days when I came to Squat 3, and I was able to keep it at bay until just after the Ward Vs Tech Crew battle.

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
I was going to the bathroom after every match, but anyway, i prefer not to make excuses, but since you insisted, i played under average the entire day, i could of done so much better, blah etc (no joke?).

anyway, it will be awesome to have some matches with players above the qld lvl, and thats what im lookin forward to.

The SPANIARD

Smash Rookie
I was going to the bathroom after every match, but anyway, i prefer not to make excuses, but since you insisted, i played under average the entire day, i could of done so much better, blah etc (no joke?).

anyway, it will be awesome to have some matches with players above the qld lvl, and thats what im lookin forward to.
good to see you and tris are coming down man. That makes something like 8 or 9 QLDers coming down.

yes, playing people above the QLD level is certainly a treat :)

and yes, truly, as me and ben struggled to do team combos, save each other and do all sorts of advanced things, we still cant beat teams consisting of a c-sticking marth and a crouch canceling samus who spams missiles, oh the irony

peace out

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
You know which QLDer I wanna see at this tournament? FDV. Any Queenslanders that speak to him try to convince him to come >_>.

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
good to see you and tris are coming down man. That makes something like 8 or 9 QLDers coming down.

yes, playing people above the QLD level is certainly a treat :)

and yes, truly, as me and ben struggled to do team combos, save each other and do all sorts of advanced things, we still cant beat teams consisting of a c-sticking marth and a crouch canceling samus who spams missiles, oh the irony

peace out
ill just say i thought we all played well, and we'll be looking forward to our next match with you guys, was a good doubles tournament. i know how much you and ben wanted to win it, but maybe we just got lucky :)

Top Bottom