• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super

Smash Apprentice
It's not over until 11:59 PST. Watch your back guys, we got to keep going ^.^

smashmachine

Smash Lord
It's not over until 11:59 PST. Watch your back guys, we got to keep going ^.^
yup
$15.8k, i have a feeling skullgirls will keep approaching just to get stopped by a massive block of cash
there's a melee analogy somewhere in that statement

MasterShake

Smash Lord
If anyone is still saving their donation DO NOT WAIT until 11:59 PST, do it like 20 - 10 min. before.

Don't risk a large amount due to wepay going down.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We miss you, Vyse. Hope life's treating you good.

Smooth Criminal
I'm happy to be worth remembering :)
Life is so-so, I'm reasonably well to do. But those with Breast Cancer and those holding onto the hope that a game like Melee can make it need all the help they can get.

like, the fact that we got this ****ing far makes me want to donate the second i get back to my room
I've been telling myself i can't afford this for the past month pr so, but now I don't even care
money is temporary, being able to say not just that I remember this
but that I was a PART of this
that's forever
That's how I feel too. You, me and everyone.

Be damn well sure you stand up and make them always remember the day that Melee stood at the highest echelon of fighting games of our time.

:phone:

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
like, the fact that we got this ****ing far makes me want to donate the second i get back to my room
I've been telling myself i can't afford this for the past month pr so, but now I don't even care
money is temporary, being able to say not just that I remember this
but that I was a PART of this
that's forever
That's how I felt when I dropped a hundred just now, lol, I've given $150 total now despite not really having that kinda scrap to throw around at this time. I can give up on a couple games I wanted / nice lunches / whatever to say that I was part of this, that win or lose I did something, was part of something bigger than myself.

Donate my dude. Feels good.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
what's up with this republican something skullgirls keep talking about
get the DNC to fund this sucker

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm gonna start making a chart of donation increases for the next hour or two.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Let's keep going, people! The other games still have close to two hours to surpass us.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Remember folks, Redact still hasn't donated, whatever minute he donates in will assuredly raise more money than either of the other games raise in that minute.

But scrape up as much leftover dough as you can. We can actually do this, but not if we stop and count on our lead and forget just how easily we can get sniped (speaking of which, do we have snipers lined up in some capacity? Are secret holdouts getting ready to drop some major money?)

Much as I hate to say it, I need to go to bed. Good luck Melee. When I wake up, win or lose, I'll be proud of us.

^No. Do not think like that.
60k? That's absurd guys, in the most positive way possible.

Might have to keep an eye on the final hour or so, with my credit card ready. =D
Then you realize that the gap is only a mere 15k or so difference lead. That is not much at all considered the huge sum ST got in the form of like 20k+ or something like that.

Super

Smash Apprentice
Their VAs and hundred dollar donations are definitely a threat. Too bad we don't have such a luxury =(

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Hey, my phone won't let me do we pay for some reason. Someone wanna direct me to a PayPal I can donate to?

:phone:
You may very well have the single oldest account I have ever seen on this site unless I'm forgetting one of the super-vets.

Someone get this man Scar's Paypal, I don't know it

SunJester

Smash Ace
Then you realize that the gap is only a mere 15k or so difference lead. That is not much at all considered the huge sum ST got in the form of like 20k+ or something like that.
Well of course, there's no sitting down quietly now.

But, 60k is an insane amount of money, I honestly didn't think it would get that high.

Kudos to Skullgirls for pushing the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom