• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
me and dan were working on a "The Fountain" hack for the stage
i did the music so far

<_<

SleepyK

steelia, would you happen to have the character select screen offsets?
not the csps, the actual select screen.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Uh, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but can someone makes Falco's outfit look like Bruce Lee's from this scene? lol

It's just like....white jacket, black pants and white/black shoes I'm pretty sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpu_lTDyd88#t=1m47s
Annnnnnnd
Marked.

steelia, would you happen to have the character select screen offsets?
not the csps, the actual select screen.
That I do.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMNFSFVN

Pack containing all the stuff, since the Placements wouldn't make any sense with random numbers. :b

D1

Thats the Rachel Alucard they made in Brawl.

Thats Lulu from FF.

They were made in Brawl already, if you guys can replicate them onto Melee I'll be super pleased ^_^.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I know the CSPs are just one file... is that appliable also to the stage select screen?

Because then, somebody could just upload one with every stage hack available, since the majority of us is using all stage hacks. If somebody could do this I would be eternally thankful :D :D

ps. On FD I have Blue FD by the way, and on Dreamland the mushroom and scarecrow one D:

ps2. Steelia, what's the advantage of your 8min ISO? Have you removed less material or something?

SleepyK

i still stand by my statement of hexing in the dsp coefficients unless godfed can modify his hps_insert to do that automatically.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
hey could anybody upload his stage select screen file?

I mean somebody who's using all stage hacks

ps. yeah sleepy but hexing is too hard O_O

SleepyK

hexing is incredibly simple. it's only hard if you want it to be.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
are there any other decent sites to find textures other than stack smash?im in the making of rebuilding a new iso for melee.

Steelia

Smash Champion
are there any other decent sites to find textures other than stack smash?im in the making of rebuilding a new iso for melee.
Unless by "Stack Smash," you meant the extension Illusory Labyrinth, otherwise not that I'm aware of. There are textures spread throughout this topic and one or two others in the forums, but no one [as far as I know] has gone on to make another Melee hacking team at this point. It's basically a huge unofficial collaboration between all of us, just sharing stuff once in a while.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Unless by "Stack Smash," you meant the extension Illusory Labyrinth, otherwise not that I'm aware of. There are textures spread throughout this topic and one or two others in the forums, but no one [as far as I know] has gone on to make another Melee hacking team at this point. It's basically a huge unofficial collaboration between all of us, just sharing stuff once in a while.
i understand, i appreciate all the help and in depth info and the fellas made.i just jumped apon it to too late.to replace the textures all you need is that dat file is that correct?

Steelia

Smash Champion
i understand, i appreciate all the help and in depth info and the fellas made.i just jumped apon it to too late.to replace the textures all you need is that dat file is that correct?
Correct; all you do is replace a character's .dat file with a textured one. Make sure it's the same color, though, or it won't work (i.e. if you try to replace Ganondorf's green color with a blue one, the game won't read it; you must replace Ganondorf's green .dat with a texture created under the green .dat).

However, from what I've heard, character files can vary from region to region, but it's pretty rare... Just in case, what kind of Melee are you using specifically? (PAL, NTSC, etc.)

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Correct; all you do is replace a character's .dat file with a textured one. Make sure it's the same color, though, or it won't work (i.e. if you try to replace Ganondorf's green color with a blue one, the game won't read it; you must replace Ganondorf's green .dat with a texture created under the green .dat).

However, from what I've heard, character files can vary from region to region, but it's pretty rare... Just in case, what kind of Melee are you using specifically? (PAL, NTSC, etc.)
im am using the US-NTSC version, @ first i was using the one from the email i received from your email.it was kinda weird when i tried to pull it up from the GC tool and i looked under iso and it didnt show up till i selected all file it came up.is that a problem? im re-downloading another copy of melee just in care

flaw

Smash Apprentice
So I couldn't find this anywhere else in the thead:

Can Wiis with the new D3-2 drives play hacked melee? I assume there is no way, so anyone buying a new Wii should understand that the newer ones can't play GC backups.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
this thread is driving me insane in a good way...i have like 600 songs going through my head that i want to use but...that would be impossible

SleepyK

newer drives cannot.
nocturnalist, please watch my beginner's guide.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
im pretty sure i would seriously pick up Peach if someone made a Senjougahara texture for her. actually, i sorta have a question about that

are you guys able to edit out peach's skirt or make it shorter or anything?

Rykard

Smash Ace
i know some people have asked for this before but i am not sure there was a response so i wanted to bring it up again. Does anyone have the download link for the ronald mcdonald falcon?

SleepyK

we only have minor advances in model hacking.
peach's skirt is not one of the models that has been explored.

D1

Thats the Rachel Alucard they made in Brawl.

Thats Lulu from FF.

They were made in Brawl already, if you guys can replicate them onto Melee I'll be super pleased ^_^.
I need to learn how to do this. I wanna be part of the team...I guess I might as well read the first post and DL CS 1/2/3.

Rykard

Smash Ace
^^Really nice stuff. People should follow the example of just making simple ones as of now just so we can all have a handful to choose from. The Pikachu ones were my favorite

SleepyK

i've been talking to people about it lately and a lot of us melee players find the costume textures interesting, but we seemed to find the most joy in simple recolors. i guess it has to do with "i've always wanted a/an xxxxxx color character..." for 9 years

Steelia

Smash Champion
i've been talking to people about it lately and a lot of us melee players find the costume textures interesting, but we seemed to find the most joy in simple recolors. i guess it has to do with "i've always wanted a/an xxxxxx color character..." for 9 years
Precisely why I made this post over at Illusory, SleepyK; I'm waiting till it gets a few more replies before I get around to recolors. ;)
I believe Silent Wolf's already knocked out a majority of the Fox/Falco hacks.

Rykard

Smash Ace
one thing that i always found difficult with the brawl textures was finding ones that fit the three team colors. And while with brawl, you can obviously make any file fit whatever costume you want, melee hackers need to be more precise in their creations. I think it's just a matter of being more organized with the hacks we already have for the 3 team colors, and then making really cool stuff to fill the other 1-2 costumes each character has

SleepyK

i have the texture file somewhere on my computer, i think.. but if i don't, godfed is supposed to have the link

Rykard

Smash Ace
haha well you are most welcome.

BTW i think the links in the first two posts in this thread could be made a lot easier to use. For example, just going with the ones from stack smash, you could say that the visual pictures for the textures can be located at http://illusorylabyrinth.wordpress.com/ whereas the actual download links to them can be found at http://stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/SSBM/

That way there is less confusion about where stuff is. Just my opinion at least

Top Bottom