• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ALSO, are there any stage hacks for kongo jungle 64? that stage is too dark loll

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
wait, does folder Wii SDK have all the necessary things for hps making?

it's giving me Error all the time (the hps_insert process on cmd window)

don't know why, please help

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yes. you have to get all the necessary files from it though.
all the exes required need to be in the same folder.
sorry about not updating or making video guides, guys. finals :(

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
yes. you have to get all the necessary files from it though.
all the exes required need to be in the same folder.
sorry about not updating or making video guides, guys. finals :(
Sleepy, I got Wii SDK folder with everything that comes inside with it, and then I put there L and R .wavs and try to make the process.. but it fails.

seriously, any ideas on what's going wrong?

`DNS`

Smash Lord
The question should've been like this: where do .tga files go to? Apparently .dat's but I'm uninformed as to which ones. ;_;

Gonna roam Youtube.

p.s sorry for being dumb
they don't actually go in the .dat files or the .iso at all, you have to convert them into .tpl files and then put THOSE into the .dat
[you could put it directly into the .iso but that's too much work]

D1

For everyone who created texture hacks can there be like a section in the first page of this thread for everyone to easily be able to just look for their texture hacks and DL 'em on the first page?

I know there are alot of you guys out there that made amazing and beautiful texture hacks, and the only thing I see a link to is Steelia's stuff. Not saying that his stuff blows, but I know there's more out there.

I'm seriously getting tired of rummaging through pages and pages and pages looking high and low for links of stuff people uploaded.

Also everything isn't on illusionary labrynth. If it is, its not under released content.

I'm just trying to make this easier for all the other players that I know that don't wanna just ask people for ISO's with their texture hacks that THEY wanted. I'd love to just be able to have all the stuff available texture hack wise so far thats all I'm really asking for.

I know there are hacks for character textures, and also stage textures.

There are like 3 different Dreamlands out there. Streets of Rage, Mario RPG, and the one I seen on Lucky's video w/ the mushrooms on the ground, apples in trees, and whatnot.

Also I know there's an older looking Battlefield which I believe I saw on IL, and I know I seen a blue FD, and blue PS, but I can't those 2 anywhere.

Please help meh!

I would love to make a new thread, but I bet it'd get closed anyway...so there's no point.

Steelia

Smash Champion
post for hacks
That. Rather recently, I was going to make another ISO (since I lost my more recent one), but... trying to find all the hacks located in this topic would be very tedious. Now I see what people were talking about when they said they didn't want to look for them here.

Just a thought, but either we could have someone update a post on the first page, or like D1 was going at, SHOULD we make an entirely different topic for hacks to post them in? An exclusive topic outside of this, kind of like how the Audio page got its own thing. I've seen it over in the Brawl/+ forums; they have numerous topics for various things. I figure it wouldn't hurt to have a nice collection, so long as the posts in said topic relate only to textures either found or created... leaving questions and whatnot to be answered in here.
Of course, it's just a thought.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
yeah that would be nice, there are many textures that haven't been uploaded anywhere

I'm still with the hps_insert problem btw :( :(

D1

Thank you very much Steelia :D. I was hoping someone would understand my plight. I love all your work and contributions to making Melee hacking go this far, along w/ SleepyK, GodFed, and the others. I just wish things were more organized. If anything it'd be pretty awesome if everyone who did any texture hacks could post after my post so I could compile 'em and maybe make a thread for those who want to see everything that we have done so far.

SleepyK

which iso are you using
might have downloaded a PAL or NTSC/J ver

andgamer12

Smash Cadet
yeah that would be nice, there are many textures that haven't been uploaded anywhere

I'm still with the hps_insert problem btw :( :(
watch The HPS guide 6/6 and it will tell you how to hps hack...its easy you need to right click on your folder click on comandprompt here then type w/out quotes
"hps_insert" "name of hps.hps" "audiofileL.wav" audiofileR.wav" press enter and wait you will have temps.hps

D1

Yes please Tichinde :D!

Also I still don't understand how to get all the cool menu hacks, like I thought I DLed the right files and put 'em in the correct place...but apparently my menu still looks the same and when I change colors I don't see the texture hacks on the menu. How do you guys do it?

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
watch The HPS guide 6/6 and it will tell you how to hps hack...its easy you need to right click on your folder click on comandprompt here then type w/out quotes
"hps_insert" "name of hps.hps" "audiofileL.wav" audiofileR.wav" press enter and wait you will have temps.hps
what S. told me in a private is that I should have all the original .hps files from an ISO in the same folder. something you guys are forgetting to mention.

but the guy in the lazy guide inserts: hps_insert STAGEMUSIC.hps

he doesn't put any special name there, just STAGEMUSIC, and it is supposed to work fine like that.

ps. yeah, what D1 says is true, where are the 'choose your character' menu picture hacks? I've seen many videos on youtube by S. and others who have them.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
ps. yeah, what D1 says is true, where are the 'choose your character' menu picture hacks? I've seen many videos on youtube by S. and others who have them.
Kira is right here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269929

The reason why it isnt widespread is because its a single file that gets edited, the character select screen.

Everyone uses different textures, and you cant just take one picture hack and combine it with another. Its either you use one custom texture picture or you use the other. You have to edit this yourself personally for each texture you use.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
hey people, HOW CAN I EXTRACT THE ORIGINAL .HPS FILES FROM AN ISO TO PUT THEM IN THE WII SDK FOLDER?

ps. okay Tichinde now I understand

SleepyK

i don't see why you would need to
but you would use gc tool

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
i don't see why you would need to
but you would use gc tool
well I've been trying to make .hps files and the process consistently fails, so I got to find a solution

and S. told me I should do that

if you know what I'm doing wrong, tell me please

SleepyK

what files from the wii sdk do hyou have in the same folder?
you need a coupla them

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Question: im trying the GUIDE ON HOW TO BURN A TEXTURE HACKED COPY OF MELEE , but i have no experience hacking my wii, ( i am very willing to tho) can anyone give me simplified steps to establish homebrew and all those other necessary programs so i can start burning the hacked melee copy

or could i get a very experienced persons msn, so i can ask more questions and get further help. thanks

andgamer12

Smash Cadet
what S. told me in a private is that I should have all the original .hps files from an ISO in the same folder. something you guys are forgetting to mention.

but the guy in the lazy guide inserts: hps_insert STAGEMUSIC.hps

he doesn't put any special name there, just STAGEMUSIC, and it is supposed to work fine like that.

STGEMUSIC.hps WAS the name of the hps cuz he renamed it mines can be sp_end.hps so i gota type "sp_end.hps" or maybe old_dk.hps so i type "old_dk.hps" you kno wat i mean?
and you got have the L and R wav files too

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I guess I understand right now

I'll try it later and see if it works, thanks

edit.
I extracted izumi.hps from sleepy's ISO into my Wii SDK folder and did the process. it went okay and succesfully done temp.hps, HOWEVER this temp.hps is 11.270KB while every song that was done for me by sleepy himself was 30.194 KB.... so maybe it went wrong

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Does anyone want to upload a prehacked ISO?

I ask not because I can't do it myself, but because every time I edit one and burn it, it crashes.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
i have homebrew and i downloaded the link from th GUIDE ON HOW TO BURN A TEXTURE HACKED COPY OF MELEE and when i try to load cIOS38, everything freezes and when i try to load the MIOS patcher the screen turns black , what am i missing???

n0ne

Smash Ace
I read through all the 99 pages right now and i practicly have all the textures available on this thread except for a few like sasuke fox and like a couple others but yeah, it would be nice for a list of available textures updated regularly for easy to find feature.

EDIT BTW i have streets of rage and night-mushroom dreamland. but.....
does ANYONE have mario rpg dreamland? ive been looking everywhere and nothing.
um the dreamland hack i have is one with red mushrooms, nightime and scarecrows onstage. i saw another one on youtube once tho.

Also @ Sleepyk. is your version of melee 1.0 or the common 1.2. it would be epic if it were 1.0.

can someone give me the stadium texture pack? (unedited)

also i made some textures myself, if anyone wants them ill give them to you. sorry for the bad quality.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Nice color choice!

And yup , supporting Silent Wolf on his petition.

EDIT. oops nevermind looks like Tichinde helped out. thx

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
can someone give me the stadium texture pack?

also i made some textures myself, if anyone wants them ill give them to you. sorry for the bad quality.

niiiice SW

I would like those fox textures, post em up please

@none: would you mind copypasting download link to mushroom dreamland? ^^

no, id have to redo the textures using the orange fox texture pack, which i dont even have lol. i didnt edit mine according to the original colors. still waiting for the rest of the texture packs to be uploaded.

Top Bottom