• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i understand english write only D:

i go to gctool and extract whole iso

now how archive need reemplace for the original audios? the audio of Special movie?

after i need open gcrebuilder and make a iso, no?

i have a two ideas

the firts is, i can make the .hps with loop points for example one song of 5 min, and replace this for menu01, because i give more space for making more songs, what you says?

the second is, because no change all costumes of one char, example PlCaNr.dat, for others all colors red,green blue... of this form, i make a texture in color normal, but i can put in all colors, what you says?
yes, you are correct, ruken!

and you can't do that with the costumes, unfortunately.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I need help.

I got in the mail my SD media launcher, and a 4gb SD card. I have read many guides and I can not for the life of me get it to work on my (unmodified) gamecube. Please help :(.

Rykard

Smash Ace
I need help.

I got in the mail my SD media launcher, and a 4gb SD card. I have read many guides and I can not for the life of me get it to work on my (unmodified) gamecube. Please help :(.
I dont know if this is in any way similar, but when i was working on the brawl texture hacks and stuff, one of the guides i read said i had to use a 2 GB sd card. probably not the same for gamecube but i figured i would bring up the idea

smakis

Smash Ace
I'm guessing you are trying to boot a burned disc on an unmodified gc? If i remember correctly you are supposed to plug it in, put in the disc you got along with the media launcher, boot that program that should be included, pop in your burned melee disc and press A.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I need help.

I don't know exactly what your problem is, but for the longest time i wanted to get my burned copies of melee to work on my cube with the SD media launcher. I felt that having a soft modded cube was way more awesome then a hacked wii. I would get the burned copy to work once or twice, but it would always disc read error. After doing so more research it turns out the laser in cube has a changeable resistor and if the resistance is too high then it cant read some burned discs (all of the ones i tried). The only way to fix that was to open up my cube(which requires a special tool) and change the resistance on the laser (would probably need a ohmmeter to do this) so I stopped bothering with it and just hacked my wii.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I'm guessing you are trying to boot a burned disc on an unmodified gc? If i remember correctly you are supposed to plug it in, put in the disc you got along with the media launcher, boot that program that should be included, pop in your burned melee disc and press A.
I will try this when I get home and post the results.

Edit: Did not work :(. Need help!

I don't know exactly what your problem is, but for the longest time i wanted to get my burned copies of melee to work on my cube with the SD media launcher. I felt that having a soft modded cube was way more awesome then a hacked wii. I would get the burned copy to work once or twice, but it would always disc read error. After doing so more research it turns out the laser in cube has a changeable resistor and if the resistance is too high then it cant read some burned discs (all of the ones i tried). The only way to fix that was to open up my cube(which requires a special tool) and change the resistance on the laser (would probably need a ohmmeter to do this) so I stopped bothering with it and just hacked my wii.
I do not have enough money for the wii. :(

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
nice milun we can finally play some Competitive-casual matches on once unbalanced stages. i have high hopes for MK

also here are Most of my finished hacks so far some of which i wish to fix in the future.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M1CDY5EU
also my own Neutral Falco Pidgey http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VNQ8GANX

I intended to use these pictures in place of the CPS but i got impatient not being able to figure out +2 _8 _9 files

Vegeta Pink T http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQpwizSIYY
(can't put bad man on the back. stupid mirroring)
By thedekunut at 2010-10-30[/IMG]

Trunks fox (can't get the stupid capsule corp logo)

Pidgeot

By thedekunut at 2010-10-30

Pidgey

slightly revised Super saiyan Falco

Cockatoo luls

Ash

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow ! I want to play with Pidgey ! <3

Nice job Milun ! I'll make a new texture for this stage !

smakis

Smash Ace

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AIZCIT3S

had pretty much given up on it since I couldn't figure out how to hex it (then i discovered kirbytool <3, if only it supported all characters, and it would have saved me so much pain rehexing my entire css if I had only found it earlier)

so ya, should have been made ages ago, just remade the brawl texture

all colors are included

nuro

Smash Lord

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AIZCIT3S

had pretty much given up on it since I couldn't figure out how to hex it (then i discovered kirbytool <3, if only it supported all characters, and it would have saved me so much pain rehexing my entire css if I had only found it earlier)

so ya, should have been made ages ago, just remade the brawl texture

all colors are included
For some reason the eyes on the purin with a ribbon and ninja aren't colored properly. Not sure if you already know this but it would be cool if you could fix it. I didn't test all the other colors.

smakis

Smash Ace
don't know why the other colors gets weird eyes, I changed the indexing just like the read me told me >_> (at least the most important one works lol)

Mononoke

Smash Rookie
Hi there !

So, I begin in Melee's hack and I need something for some textures.
I am looking for the Metal Fox's original texture [ With the Metal Box ].
Someone know how I can find it ?

[ Oh er, sorry for my english ]

Gbd

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I made my first texture a few days ago.

Its not that great because im just getting used to photoshop and everything but i would say im almost proud of it, even though some parts like the head or the face are kinda messed up..

But here it is, white ranger, hope you guys like it :)

If there is anything you guys notice i could fix, tell me, i will be glad to improve it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q3GIM1UW

smakis

Smash Ace
Kirbytool was used to hex the "awesome face" texture =P, and I indexed the textures with the specified max colors

still got weird eyes though

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
really cool Gbd it must have been tough to make that symbol on his chest because that tga gets all kinds of stretched. and your first post cool

Gbd

Smash Rookie
really cool Gbd it must have been tough to make that symbol on his chest because that tga gets all kinds of stretched. and your first post cool
Thanks, it wasn't hard at all, but the helmet part with the helmet button and the helmet itself was horrible.. It took me ages to finally be able to make something that looks okay on the right and left sides of the face.. It could be easily improved in my opinion, but i was getting to tired of it at this point..

Im also waiting for the green ranger, it looks awesome !

Too bad there are already thousands of textures for falcon, i would have done the other rangers otherwise :)

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
After being underground for so long and after a long wait. I present you with....

Had Green Ranger been uploaded yet?
Its the waiting game.
I made this before Apex, but Without further ado... My Green Ranger Falcon!! To replace PlCaGr.dat in Iso (Green costume).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57O4PFRW

Enjoy!!

Oh yea, I also have an unfinished NFL New York Giants Captain Falcon for both NR costume and the Blue. Kinda lost interest a while back but if anybody wants me to continue let me know.

Gbd

Smash Rookie
This green ranger is just too good.. Awesome work WarriorKnight..

Mine looks ridiculous compared to it, im gonna do some modifications then..

Also, is it possible to make Jigg's skin bigger (in photoshop) so we can like draw on it or anything ?
Because its made of like 2 pixels, we cant do anything with it..
I know changing the image size wouldnt work out, but cant we shrink it or something once we are done drawing on it ?

I think what Warrior Knight meant was that he made the NY Giants for the blue costume..
I dont think he meant he started a blue ranger..

But i will, once im done with the white one and if it's good enough for you guys :)

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol warrior knight.

someone told me about that at apex. . . i asked alllll over the place looking for it >.>

glad to finally see it get some light shed on it lol <3

also, anyone have the ash ketchem fox? i cant download that dudes pack T.T

LuCKy

Smash Master
it says the file i am trying to download is temporarily unavalible lol

oh man i tried 3 more times and it worked lol nvmmmmmm

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Dumb question, but, has the Melee hacking community gotten as far as vertex hacks in Brawl? I messed up my Wii and I need something to do x_X. Im fine with just texturing too however.

Gbd

Smash Rookie
Well, the white one is really good but I think a Pink one is in order, especially for Falcon.
Well, there isnt any costume that fits the pink color anymore really..

Maybe the default one ? But the TCS files are missing in Steelia packages and i dont feel like doing it myself already..

I think im gonna go for the black/gold ranger that will replace the grey CF for now..

MasterShake

Smash Lord
So there's Green ranger, White ranger, and Red ranger...a power ranger ISO is not far off...

Speaking of, does anyone have a DL link for Red ranger? Last time I checked it didn't work and it was the pinstripe one.

Top Bottom