• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

nube

Smash Apprentice
Great texture, Matoooya. Zyx, nice video. Lot's of great stuff since I last posted.
Anyways, some updates on old stuff:

That is a screenshot taken while the game is paused in multiplayer mode. I removed everything from the pause screen (the gray borders, words and the analog stick icon). I made it a few weeks ago, but haven't tested it on a wii yet. It should work fine though.Here's the download.
Download (replaces GmPause.usd)

In case you didn't notice (ya right :)), pika's jolt is red/pink colour...I kinda made a breakthrough discovery with some attack colours! Because I've figured out (or half-figured out, for some moves) many attack colour offsets, I'm not going to make and release a pikachu jolt recolour pack/guide, and a new guide/pack for every attack. That would be sooo inefficient, and it would take me forever to do! Instead, I'll write a guide on how to find out and change any attack colour on your own (the way I've been doing it). It will include the offsets of all of the attacks I've already figured out.

I've also been messing around with some of the info Milun has on his site, http://meleeconverter.bravehost.com/index.htm. Thinking of making a "new" stage, and also playing with the pause screen camera. So that's what he did with those side platforms.

nuro

Smash Lord
Great texture, Matoooya. Zyx, nice video. Lot's of great stuff since I last posted.
Anyways, some updates on old stuff:

That is a screenshot taken while the game is paused in multiplayer mode. I removed everything from the pause screen (the gray borders, words and the analog stick icon). I made it a few weeks ago, but haven't tested it on a wii yet. It should work fine though.Here's the download.
Download (replaces GmPause.usd)

In case you didn't notice (ya right :)), pika's jolt is red/pink colour...I kinda made a breakthrough discovery with some attack colours! Because I've figured out (or half-figured out, for some moves) many attack colour offsets, I'm not going to make and release a pikachu jolt recolour pack/guide, and a new guide/pack for every attack. That would be sooo inefficient, and it would take me forever to do! Instead, I'll write a guide on how to find out and change any attack colour on your own (the way I've been doing it). It will include the offsets of all of the attacks I've already figured out.

I've also been messing around with some of the info Milun has on his site, http://meleeconverter.bravehost.com/index.htm. Thinking of making a "new" stage, and also playing with the pause screen camera. So that's what he did with those side platforms.
very nice but wheres teh shinez

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I tried to make a Ganondorf Space Wolf (from Warhammer 40k)
Too difficult for me.. Here is the result :

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
zyx, i recomended make more darkness the armor

and erase the red in the cape

rulz you texture

Milun

Smash Ace
If your interested, I'm making a Mushroom Kingdom editor (which will allow for the editing of quite a few more things than my (outdated) website depicts. Sorry, I intend to update it ASAP). I'm not going to reveal most of the fun stuff, but at the very least I will say that it will allow for the changing of all blastlines, camera zooms and character spawning points.

I hope to have it done by the 20th (personal educational studies have been keeping me busy, which is cause of my inactivity).

Also, I find it quite funny you found the 'ruins of MK'. I kept them there as an easter egg for those who did exactly what you did.

nube

Smash Apprentice
Also, I find it quite funny you found the 'ruins of MK'. I kept them there as an easter egg for those who did exactly what you did.
Too good :)

If your interested, I'm making a Mushroom Kingdom editor (which will allow for the editing of quite a few more things than my (outdated) website depicts. Sorry, I intend to update it ASAP). I'm not going to reveal most of the fun stuff, but at the very least I will say that it will allow for the changing of all blastlines, camera zooms and character spawning points.
Definitely interested.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
I say keep it bright. there are too many dark texture hacks, i guess for the sake of realism but a lot of dark textures can blend in with the back grounds of some stages . I would try to smoothen some of the hard edges with the smudge tool and maybe try to make the transition between the dark purple and the light blue less jagged (notably on his groin) but that sounds difficult. Its looking really good

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i want to change the csp pictures but when i use TCS_Creator make the TCS it says "<ECHO was unexpected this time" but it still spits out a tcs then i used TexConv to make a tpl but then it says "error TCCompterTplSizes: NumTex =0" i think it wont make it because of the names of the tgas (tex#00_09+2.tga) which i cant just rename or the picture will come out completlly screwy. some help would be nice, please and thank you

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
create the csp, make the background in color magenta

save the image in indexed and with transparency

later you change the tranparent color in .dat to magenta

see the video of Steelia(ninfatic in youtube)

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but I really can't change the colour. If I do, it's not a Space Wolf anymore.
And I agree with TheDekuNut, there are too many dark textures..

So, after some changes this is my final version :

Download : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=80GG60FW
Maybe I'll make a new version later.

smakis

Smash Ace
you need to index the file before you can create a csp, or just create it manually

also anyone who had any luck with my puff texture a page ago or so? =/

nuro

Smash Lord
Hey I was thinking about making a tournament edition of project melee. All of these hacks are very cool but sometimes they don't contrast well and it is hard to play teams since some of the colors don't match.

It would be cool if we could get pokemon stadium to not transform so that more tournaments could use project melee instead of regular ssbm.

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea though because not everyone who brings setups will have project melee running and it is unfair if some setups have PokemonStadium transforming and other setups don't. I know we don't have Pokemon Stadium not transforming right now but I'm working on it and maybe someday this will happen.

I think it might be something for the back room to discuss but I'm pretty sure most of them don't know about what we can do with Project Melee.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
nuro, this a good idea, i can help you with textures

other teme

i intent make a .hps file to menu01.hps is a menu of Brawl

and find more problem

1: i only make the song of the time of original .hps?(in this .hps is 56.989 seconds)

2: in the operations i make R*T= and use this parametres (Samplerate)32000*(time)56989= S
and make the operation [S*(16/14)]+15 and this result i tranform in Hexadecimal
copy the nº hexadecimal in offset 18
is correct? because in the audio appears a one error, the song start good and i can hear good to final, but when the song start of new, coming for the middle :S

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you need to set your loop point at the end of the song.

would be easier to use the 14 minute hps!

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i followed stealia's video the best i could (i dont have photoshop only gimp) The video said to uncheck the transparency box so unless there is some strange wording i dont see it means not to use transparency transparency. I made the background magenta and everything else. i still get the exact same problem texConv won't give me a tpl

Rykard

Smash Ace
why wouldn't you want pokemon stadium to transform?

and there would be no way to implement that into tournament unless everyone had the stage that didn't. Brawl has had stage hacks that that for a while and then still keep everything the way it was made in game when it comes to tournaments

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
you need to set your loop point at the end of the song.

would be easier to use the 14 minute hps!
i like used the 14 min hps, but in your iso can't change the song of kongo jungle and in nuro iso the hps of garden as of 75kb :??? and i can't replace

exist a one iso with all song of 14 min and fixed errors?(i only want fix error for songs)

SleepyK

i made a video guide explaining the steps.
if you want i can type them out if it's easier to understand (over my voice)

Rykard

Smash Ace
nube, your pause freeze the game in Event 51 :S
I feel like the reason for this is because the pause screen in event matches and in the stadium is different from the one in vs mode because of the fact that it has the extra "press Z to restart" thing. I could be wrong though

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
i made a video guide explaining the steps.
if you want i can type them out if it's easier to understand (over my voice)
sleepyk, you can made for me a iso with only change the .hps to 14min the hps's of stages,victory themes and menu?

or i need learn hacking hps good

SleepyK

i can walk you through the steps for that. i have a video, but it's me speaking. I understand english is not your language so it might be easier if i made a picture guide.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
i understand english write only D:

i go to gctool and extract whole iso

now how archive need reemplace for the original audios? the audio of Special movie?

after i need open gcrebuilder and make a iso, no?

i have a two ideas

the firts is, i can make the .hps with loop points for example one song of 5 min, and replace this for menu01, because i give more space for making more songs, what you says?

the second is, because no change all costumes of one char, example PlCaNr.dat, for others all colors red,green blue... of this form, i make a texture in color normal, but i can put in all colors, what you says?

Top Bottom