• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
A third question: I found mariokart64n's 3DS Max Brawl script incredibly useful when vertexing models in Brawl, as it impored the model, let you mess with it and actually SEE what you are doing, and then export it. It made for far better vertex hacks, is it possible to have a script like that for Melee? Tcll, I suppose I'm kindof directing this towards you because you're working with making a model converter to obj or something along those lines...

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
A third question: I found mariokart64n's 3DS Max Brawl script incredibly useful when vertexing models in Brawl, as it impored the model, let you mess with it and actually SEE what you are doing, and then export it. It made for far better vertex hacks, is it possible to have a script like that for Melee? Tcll, I suppose I'm kindof directing this towards you because you're working with making a model converter to obj or something along those lines...
it's obj for now...

I'm building a collada 1.4.0 export plugin though (my converter will work off plugins)
^not being sure of the 1.4.1 format
^I'll figure it out though -.-

collada and directX are some of the best ASCII formats for games :/
3DS and diredctX are also some of the best binary formats...

it'll take me quite a while to learn the .blend format <:/
^that's one of the very best as you can have an entire game in 1 blend file...
(and be able to edit it) :D

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
it's obj for now...

I'm building a collada 1.4.0 export plugin though (my converter will work off plugins)
^not being sure of the 1.4.1 format
^I'll figure it out though -.-

collada and directX are some of the best ASCII formats for games :/
3DS and diredctX are also some of the best binary formats...

it'll take me quite a while to learn the .blend format <:/
^that's one of the very best as you can have an entire game in 1 blend file...
(and be able to edit it) :D
Ah, I see I see. Well, I'm off to Dissidia texture hacking and possibly figuring out how to vertex hack it.

I.B

Smash Lord
posted this in Ruken's thread as well

Having a weird issue :confused:

When I downloaded Nuro's pre-loaded ISO, I tried extracting the RAR file and it said it was damaged or corrupted. I thought it was a problem with the ISO he uploaded.

Now that I try extracting this one, I'm getting the same message :(

Please help if possible!

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I got news for ya :D

KCMM just may extend their brawl roster to add support for the melee chars...
also, this gave me an idea to have just 1 roster for all my hacks
(Brawl, Melee, and 64)

64 is extremely hard btw (no hacks on it yet)
there was one person who managed to do it on HCBH, but he's long gone ;_;

Steelia

Smash Champion
I got news for ya :D

KCMM just may extend their brawl roster to add support for the melee chars...
also, this gave me an idea to have just 1 roster for all my hacks
(Brawl, Melee, and 64)
Ohh, awesome. I remember bringing that up to one of the admins I knew a loooong time back, said there was a chance if Melee hacking picked up. Sweet! :D

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
hey...
Picano needs some help in getting the melee vault built...

is anyone here good at PHP??
(I'm only HTML/JS)

or there could be images made as well :/

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
hey...
Picano needs some help in getting the melee vault built...

is anyone here good at PHP??
(I'm only HTML/JS)

or there could be images made as well :/
Woah, a melee vault. Awesome opossum.

Is anyone working on some kind of GUI for texture hacking Melee..? It would make life so much easier, however, manual is fine too... just takes some time.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Woah, a melee vault. Awesome opossum.

Is anyone working on some kind of GUI for texture hacking Melee..? It would make life so much easier, however, manual is fine too... just takes some time.
I'm just getting into C++, so I'm afraid I'm out on that :/

GUI progging is supposedly easier in C++

if all else fails, I could try an HTML/JS GUI...
but I have a prob with file I/O in that... DX

heh...
I can build a GUI just fine in that...
but I'd like to merge it with Py before doing anything :/
^another hard thing to do... DX

I HATE GUI PROGGING! ToT

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I'm just thinking about Pokémon Stadium without transformation.
In Training mode, the stage doesn't transform. Can't this help ?

Milun

Smash Ace
Well for Pokemon Stadium all you'd need to find would be the timer data after tha magnifier. Someone pleeeeeaaaaaase give me a rcommendation for a server for my site. The ones I've tried do very little.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Someone pleeeeeaaaaaase give me a rcommendation for a server for my site. The ones I've tried do very little.
I use webfreehosting.net, but there's one that UD's much faster,
give me a moment to find it out...

I may even move my site there :D

EDIT: 000web is teh name ;)

Eiko-san

Smash Rookie
Funny, i've just begun to work on a pokemon stadium like the batcave, but it's just the beginning, i think i can make a cool thing, if you have any suggestion to help.

nube

Smash Apprentice
Dayum crazy textures everyone. I really wanna get on to posting my findings about changing colours of stuff, but school has to come first. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have time.

@ Deku: If you have time, could you rehex Robin onto Green Marth?
@ eiko: I'd probably be able to change the background colour of the stage. Maybe I should darken the colour of the sky?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
just to keep you guys informed:

I'm not going to be hacking or working on my converter for a while...

why?
well first comes my site/forum and thinking about UD-ing my blog
next comes my templates and educational needs (progging and stuff)
then comes my converter and hacking...

keep in mind, I'm only 19 guys... :/
I can't do everything in a short time

revel8n

Smash Cadet

nuro

Smash Lord
Sigh, finally I got this up and running.

http://meleestages.webfreehosting.net/melee.html

The sites not quite finished (the two top right buttons don't even hyperlink). It just contains the basic information so far.
Gonna **** with this **** later.

C0/40 = Floating point and is always 4 bytes. Changing just the first 2 hex values without taking this into account, can easily cause invalid values. Treating the data as Floating point will allow you to avoid a good deal of the conversion process you are going through.

0x3F800000 = 1.0

The high bit is the sign bit, so:

0xBF800000 = -1.0

http://tfinley.net/notes/cps104/floating.html
http://gregstoll.dyndns.org/~gregstoll/floattohex/
Thanks this will help me **** with this **** later. :p

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
@Milun : Thank you very very much for your site !

I'm trying to remove transformations in pokémon stadium. I've founded the magnifier data (I think), but now how can I find the time data ?! It has nothing particular right ?
This is what I have :

Milun

Smash Ace
Hm... first of all, revel8n, thanks for the link to that converter (I know my method was highly flawed, I just didn't know what I was working with). Trouble is, using the converter I can't get the values to equal what they should; i.e. C0 A0 00 00 = 160, so it's a bit confusing. Yeah... I know my method really sucks, but at least it has pretty good accuracy when editing collisions.

And Zyx, yes that is the Magnifier. I'd try altering those values from "00 00 0e 10" to "05 00 00 07" to "7F 7F 7F 7F" (in groups of four), and seeing what happens.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@milun:
you know you can use target="_blank" to open in a new window :/

also, I see you've gotten alot done :D

I'm gonna get mine fully working offline before I UD...

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
My Pokémon Stadium doesn't transform anymore ! (Thank you again for your website Milun)
I did a 8min match and the stage didn't transform.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
alright if you downloaded my robin texture i fixed the OOS stuff in the white costume, take it or leave it. And i made one for green Marth even though it doesn't do well with team colors. I replaced the previous link with the new one

i guess i'm calling this pack 2

Robin PlMsWh PlMsGr

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MTXGGGB

i made the Riddler (i need to stop this)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XI3RKBC4

also the golden gun with a few different laser colors

white, blue , gold
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H9T8CSNZ

and last i made new character choose icons if anyone cares ( you will if you look at captain falcon)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YH1E29ZX

Final note: similar to how you might figure out how to keep Stadium from changing. can't you compare PAL data to NTSC data to find stuff like how much damage fox's up-smash deals?

Milun

Smash Ace
My Pokémon Stadium doesn't transform anymore ! (Thank you again for your website Milun)
I did a 8min match and the stage didn't transform.
Well I'm happy for you. Personally I would have made it so it stayeed on the neutral version less than it did on the transformations, but that's just me.

Final note: similar to how you might figure out how to keep Stadium from changing. can't you compare PAL data to NTSC data to find stuff like how much damage fox's up-smash deals?
Nice texture hacks there, really nice!

And you could, but it would be quite a pain. I've only ever seen damage dealign hex when I was changing the impact of the bombs on Green Greens, and from that my best guess is you just convert the decimal damage amount to hex and search for that. I've never done it, so don't quote me on that.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Wow ! Captain Falcon going over the lines in the select screen is a very cool idea !

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i thought magus had cracked that system already @ damage and hex and etc

revel8n

Smash Cadet
Hm... first of all, revel8n, thanks for the link to that converter (I know my method was highly flawed, I just didn't know what I was working with). Trouble is, using the converter I can't get the values to equal what they should; i.e. C0 A0 00 00 = 160, so it's a bit confusing. Yeah... I know my method really sucks, but at least it has pretty good accuracy when editing collisions.

And Zyx, yes that is the Magnifier. I'd try altering those values from "00 00 0e 10" to "05 00 00 07" to "7F 7F 7F 7F" (in groups of four), and seeing what happens.
0xC0A0000 = -5.0...
Floating point has a sign bit, an exponent, and a mantissa...the exponent and mantissa, being related to powers of 2 themselves is why your conversion logic seems to work for you.

0xC1A0000 = -20
0xC2A0000 = -80
0xC4A0000 = -320

Which as you can see follows a x4 pattern similar to the results you obtained with your conversion.

i'll see if i can relate the information you have posted to information i have already deciphered.

For stages there are multiple sections that can easily be found if the root nodes are followed. When looking at the string table at the end of the file you will see a number of them listed, such as:
"coll_data" - Collision data
"grGroundParam" - Ground parameters
"map_head" - Map Header
"map_plit" - Map Lighting

According to the data you have outlined most can be found in some way through following these structures and any offsets they contain. Admittedly i have not gone through a lot of this data yet, which is mainly why i posted how to access the various locations. Though i guess no one really uses the hex editor i do so the information never really seems to have been picked up by anyone else. i'll see if i can map out more of the structures in this area when i get the chance, and more help would definitely be appreciated. Even more so, more testing of the data to truly determine what is what would even further benefit being able to map the rest of the information.

Top Bottom