• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Well... this took forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zYKHcYxNOo

But at least now the equation for stage collisions is clearer to me. I hope to have my website completed soon, then you can all enjoy doing whatever (currently, I just need to document all the stage information I've gathered).
X_x
This is the best thing I've ever seen since I'm in this topic !..
I love you

Milun

Smash Ace
...I didn't understand either of those terminologies, having used Captain Falcon a total of three times divided amongst three Smash games.

And RuKeN, and anybody else, you can go nuts with textures, and thanks. I fail at texture and audio hacks, so you won't be getting any from me any time soon.

Milun

Smash Ace
Thanks for the offer there, but this is still in alpha. I'd wait until we can get UV's working before texturing it.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
Well... this took forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zYKHcYxNOo

But at least now the equation for stage collisions is clearer to me. I hope to have my website completed soon, then you can all enjoy doing whatever (currently, I just need to document all the stage information I've gathered).
Metal Battlefield o.O

Milun,
you gotta share your knowledge !
you are the mewtwo2000 of SSBM !

and Tcll,
i don't think that adding vertices will be helpful and useful !
and making it is hard :x

you have to assign it to a specific bone, and make it relative to another ones !

Spade487

Smash Cadet
Zero Texture

Ok so I have for some time now really wanted to give my Zero for Red Marth texture the appearance of actually looking like Zero from the megaman series. If you guys can point me in the right direction or help me with the newly found vertex editing that would be amazing.

Basically I wanted My Zero
To look more like This Zero
Changing as little as possible with the best result I guess, mainly the sword looking more like a saber and making him a helmet. Please assist.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
and Tcll,
i don't think that adding vertices will be helpful and useful !
and making it is hard :x

you have to assign it to a specific bone, and make it relative to another ones !
yea...
I know...

vertex groups (VGroups) are a pain in the butt DX
^I've gotten better at them though...
(I gave brawl Pika mouth controls to make him smile (for a game I'm making))

@Milun:
so that's the stage you were telling me about :D
very nice ^_0 *

@Spade:
I'd help...
but I've got too much of a load on me already
(other stuff with my stuff)

Milun

Smash Ace
To those wondering, stage collisions are the troll offspring of vertex and UV data.

Just to convert the value to decimal you have to do quite some tampering. I'm making a converter that will just make them into vertices for Blender. The problem there is collisions come in two parts (hard to explain), with the second part controlling their maximums and etc. You really should give Tcll some credit, he helped a lot with the model hacking side of business.

I'm getting a non finished version of my site uploaded (hopefully today). Anyone know a good server?

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
i continues thinking your stage(metal mario) will be best in remplacing other stage(Mushroom kingdom II, brinstar depth, big blue , temple, o flat zone)

smakis

Smash Ace
now when we are talking about stages and stuff, is it possible to add songs to stages? if not can you like, switch two stages so you can at least have two songs? (like putting yoshi's story over hyrule temple to enable the use of two songs)

random and not very important but still interesting

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
smakis, this impossible

but, i made a iso with hps changed

now i uploading and put the changes and how to make

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
what's sleepyk's email again for the old .iso?

(is there a newer one that someone made / compiled? if so :O pm! <3)

have you guys forgotten about my iso in a 7z on my old site >_>
--link to my old site removed--

^you can get it there
(show the file types of SSBM)

smakis

Smash Ace
smakis, this impossible

but, i made a iso with hps changed

now i uploading and put the changes and how to make

what I asked about was pretty much the same thing you did =P

and I already have my own disc (spent well over 50 hours, what a pain lol, csps, stage select etc) <3

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
So, how does the SD Media Launcher work with this? Do you just put the .iso of your hacked Melee onto it and load?
^is that dir'd to me??

if so, then no...
it reads the gct file on the SD
(mine is GALE01.gct)

AR codes don't work as they are though...
you have to re-write them as WiiRD codes
^there's a GC-AR to WiiRD code converter, so yea :p

it didn't work for me, but I won't stop trying...
it reads the codes, but they just don't work :/

^tried:
infinite time
0% damage (or something similar)
1 AI clone

they didn't work on Dolphin either, so I'm not surprised -.-

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sd media launcher is referring to the gamecube method of loading homebrew and the like

nuro

Smash Lord
why a GC USB ISOLoader isn't possible after all: http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios

follow this guy on twitter if u still hope that it will come someday. http://twitter.com/#!/BroadOn

To those wondering, stage collisions are the troll offspring of vertex and UV data.

Just to convert the value to decimal you have to do quite some tampering. I'm making a converter that will just make them into vertices for Blender. The problem there is collisions come in two parts (hard to explain), with the second part controlling their maximums and etc. You really should give Tcll some credit, he helped a lot with the model hacking side of business.

I'm getting a non finished version of my site uploaded (hopefully today). Anyone know a good server?
Milun, can I suggest that you make a video tutorial on how to do some of these stage hacks? It would be great if we could see first hand what you do when you're making the stage. Maybe while you are working on a stage you record yourself doing it thru cam studio and talk over the mic to give us pointers on how to get into this?

_ _ _

Also, on your stage. I am not sure but if you are trying to mimic the metal mario stage then the shape of the stage is still a bit off.

I'd prefer something with walls like yoshi story so that more characters can use there wall jump since most stages don't have long walls.

what's sleepyk's email again for the old .iso?

(is there a newer one that someone made / compiled? if so :O pm! <3)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11370854#post11370854

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the SD media launcher from Datel is the easiest way to launch homebrew/backups on the GameCube.

smakis

Smash Ace
there are various ways to boot hacked melee on the gc, modchip + discdrive to fit normal dvds (i think you need a dvddrive, not sure) or burned minidvds, sd media launcher + burned minidisc or a special modchip which allows you to boot gcgames from a sdcard without the requirement of a burned disc

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
tcll we cant link to iso's on this site, please remove or ill do it for you.
well...
it was a link to my old site which linked through megaupload, which took a HECK of a time to UL that...

I know the rules of directly linking to iso's and such...
but that was an indirect link...

still though... I've removed it ;)

all that hard work T.T
XDD

EDIT:
for futue notice:
I may need that link for reference to something else on my site :/

Steelia

Smash Champion
...I'd figure I should ask first, has anyone tested the altered costumes on the game yet, the vertexed stuff? Like Batman, Rosalina, etc. Do they work well enough?

Yeah, just sitting off for now... Haven't made a texture in a little while, thanks in part to school and other personal stuff. Keeping a close eye on the scene, though.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850

Milun

Smash Ace
It should be noted the info on that page is a little outdated; it fails to mention that you can change the green 04 or 0D to whatever you want, and it will change intensity. Also, the page doesn't have lighting for all stages as of yet.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@Milun:
sry bout posting that w/o your permission first :/
I should've asked...

I feel like I just put yet another load on you :(

however...
at least you did mention it was old... :/

Top Bottom