• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Master Guide - New to the Game? Check here!

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Nice work.

Noticed something though. The 15 minute melee has to be done with DK in order to get the stage. No biggie. Go about fixing it before we get the spam! Well, good job.

Peaches

Smash Lord
You should mention that you can unlock everything with an AR in about 3 minutes.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Yeah, someone mentioned putting in the easter eggs too, you should do that.

For fox/falco's secret taunt, you have to be on corneria/venom and alternate pressing left and right on the D-pad, being anytime before the end of the speaking will cancel it, and it can only be done once per match

And to do Samus' extended Grapple beam, You press Z, Up, Down, Up, Z on the D-pad before the regular grapple is at full length. This can also be done in the air. I'll give you the link to the thread with the info in a minute.
EDIT: here ya go: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78247

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Alright, after a get a little time I will be adding an Easter Egg Section, Action Replay Section, and Debug Menu Section. Also, someone said the No Damage Clear doesn't belong, no it does. There is a No Miss Clear and a No Damage Clear. The No Damage Clear requires you to take absolutely no damage during either Classic, Adventure, or All-Star. It is easier to achieve if you play on Very Easy.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Uncle Kenny said:
No-Damage Clear (300000): Cleared all levels without taking any damage.

No-Miss Clear (10000): Cleared all levels without taking any damage.
you have to fix this.

Also, for fox and falco's secret taunt, you have to press down on the dpad for exactly 1 frame (which sometimes happen when you do left-right-left-right)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ah, I fix'd it. Thanks. It may be a while before I add those other sections since I am kinda busy with my WWYP entry but I will try to get them up as soon as possible.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You have to unlock everything (except for trophies) and then find him in a poke ball. Once you have everything then go to VS mode, turn on Pokeballs as the only item, and play a 20 minute match against a lv. 1 CPU. If you don't find it that way then try try again. You will usually get the first time though.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
ok i was watching some video about advanced technique with fox and I was wondering if someone could help explain how he "shine smashed" and "shine grab"

if you're not sure what i'm talking about refer to 00:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW12AuSVSvQ
I'm no fox player, but it seemed to me he jump canceled his shine and then immediatly used a smash or grab. Is that it?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I added two new sections: Easter Eggs and Action Replay/Debug Menu. But I am lazy so I just quoted Eaode and Doraki and then added a link to the Action Replay Thread. The new sections can be found in the second post (not the third) because I want to save room for the Questions/Answers section.

If you have any questions or suggestions then post them here.

Edit: I updated the titles to make them stand out more and I updated the Credits section to give credit to those that deserve it. If you have any suggestions then post them and you may get an honorable mention in the Credits section.

@k9999-izzle: A Fox main could probably explain to you what happened better than I could so you should go to the Fox Forum under Melee Character Discussion.

Edit 2: I added a rumor section. But I don't know ALL of the rumors out there so if you have a rumor you would like to see it added then feel free to post it.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Not really.

Anyways, great guide, great effort, less spam blah blah blah.

I support this to be stickied.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I really can't stand the fact that I have to get all of the bonus points for the Diskun trophy but I'm a completion freak so I NEED TO HAVE IT!!! This may sound vague but does anyone have a good guideline to help me make this task less prolonged and tedious than I may already be making it?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I really can't stand the fact that I have to get all of the bonus points for the Diskun trophy but I'm a completion freak so I NEED TO HAVE IT!!! This may sound vague but does anyone have a good guideline to help me make this task less prolonged and tedious than I may already be making it?
If you want to get them all quickly then use an action replay and if you want to earn them then good luck because there is no quick way to do it.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
I found an error :
Link Master (30000): Defeated Luigi in Adventure Mode.
It must be "Defeated all five Links in Adventure Mode" or something like this.

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
This guide needs to be stickied more than anyone else, because it will serve the most people fo' sho.
Good work anywayz.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Hey, pretty good guide. I have a question regarding the bonuses: I'm trying to get the Diskun trophy, and I know that I need all of the bonuses, but there are three that I seem to not be able to get. They are Wimp, Hammer Throw, and Mario Maniac. I did what is written in your guide, but I don't seem to be able to get it. Another thing, how do you throw a hammer? Is it when you throw the part that comes off a headless hammer? I'm stumped! Any help would be extremely appreciated.:)

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Nice job on this, I didn't even know something like this was made. very informative. Hopefully it'll help stop threads about unlockables and such that only require one post to answer.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Hey, pretty good guide. I have a question regarding the bonuses: I'm trying to get the Diskun trophy, and I know that I need all of the bonuses, but there are three that I seem to not be able to get. They are Wimp, Hammer Throw, and Mario Maniac. I did what is written in your guide, but I don't seem to be able to get it. Another thing, how do you throw a hammer? Is it when you throw the part that comes off a headless hammer? I'm stumped! Any help would be extremely appreciated.:)
1) lay a bomb with samus
2) pick up hammer right before bomb explodes
3) throw hammer when bomb pops you into the air

you should be in morph ball form right after the bomb pops you in the air, if youre doing the normal hammer swining animation you picked up the hammer too early.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Wimp: Turn the heart container on as the ONLY item and play a 1 minute match. Grab at least three hearts and you should get the bonus.

Mario Maniac (fav bonus): Turn on mushrooms, fire flowers, and invincible stars (no warp stars) as the only items. Use them in a one minute match and yes, you have to use each item.

Hammer Throw: Either follow petre's advice or turn hammers on as the only item and go to Brinstar. Grab one and jump in the lava and try to throw it while you're being burned.

Crates and barrels count as items so don't touch them when trying to get the Wimp bonus and Mario Maniac bonus.

MrGameandPwn said:
i have circa 212 trophies. exactly how many are in the game give or take nintendo events
North American version has 290 trophies.

Japanese version has 291 trophies.

With the Nintendo Event trophies or AR there are 293 in both North American and Japanese versions unless the North American version is a PAL version then you'll be out one trophy.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok, there has to be another way to get Hammer Throw. I've been trying both ways countless times and it refuses to come up as a bonus for me. I know I'm doing it right because I see myself physically throw the hammer (and pretty soon the controller), but still I get nothing. If there's some other secret way, I don't care how complicated, please tell me.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Melee hates you...

The only thing I can tell you is keep trying. It's a pain but they have to give it up eventually. Hell, when I finally got all the bonuses they DIDN'T give me diskun right away until I restarted the game...

Top Bottom