• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Match-Up Chart (NTSC) [Update 008 - 09.09.28]

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
people should call seriouslies ahead of time
or if ****'s being recorded it goes without saying that you play to win

otherwise LETS FALCON DITTO YEAAHH

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
something i didnt realize before, but thought i should bring up: Jman lost to Lambchops in the losers bracket at genesis.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
something i didnt realize before, but thought i should bring up: Jman lost to Lambchops in the losers bracket at genesis.
Something you forgot to mention: Jman lost his controller and didn't play well at Genesis cause he had to play with someone else's controller.

Also, it doesn't help that he didn't play for like a month before the tourney, but I suppose that's his fault.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
something You Forgot To Mention: Jman Lost His Controller And Didn't Play Well At Genesis Cause He Had To Play With Someone Else's Controller.

Also, It Doesn't Help That He Didn't Play For Like A Month Before The Tourney, But I Suppose That's His Fault.
Johnzzzzzz

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's legit for a fox player
i know i get ****ed up trying to use someone else's controller.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
well someone was talking about jman ****** falcos and i had brought up chops being camp happy, so i thought it was relevant.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
r u telling me that falcon cant combo jiggs? grab to down throw works from 0% to 130% ish and it allways hits not matter wat d.i u just gotta no how to read them,
Jesus, I would have hoped grab to down throw works from 0 to 999% but now I'm not too sure anymore.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
i could see that if jman didn't beat a ton of other really good people, but he did.
So...? That doesn't change the fact that he still played worse and lost to players like Axe in which he normally wouldn't have under regular conditions.

Edit: haha Jihnsius, you were the only other person besides me that noticed

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
there's always the possibility of people not wanting to play friendlies w/ you because you camp :p
i CG in friendlies but that's about it. it's what they get for fox ditto-ing me >_>
Players should always learn to adapt. If a player isn't going to play games against me because I'm camping, it sucks to be them. Furthermore, I'm probably already better than said player, or will be within a short time, since the player is obviously a scrub.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Players should always learn to adapt. If a player isn't going to play games against me because I'm camping, it sucks to be them. Furthermore, I'm probably already better than said player, or will be within a short time, since the player is obviously a scrub.
Well, in a tournament match I'd agree, but in friendlies you're playing to learn, not win, so I sort of understand. Anyone who complains about camping in a tournie match deserves to be beaten up though.

The smash community is mad scrubby though, how many people actually plank in brawl even though it's a good strategy against a lot of characters?

That's because it's ****** logic. Here's what it should say:

"If a player isn't going to play games against me because I'm camping, it sucks to be me because while he's out playing with other people Im stuck trying to convince someone to play with me"

tl;dr: Don't camp in friendlies.
How are people supposed to learn how to deal with it if nobody does it when they're playing to learn (aka, friendlies).

Assuming they're not "pichu ditto"-type friendlies.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
So...? That doesn't change the fact that he still played worse and lost to players like Axe in which he normally wouldn't have under regular conditions.

Edit: haha Jihnsius, you were the only other person besides me that noticed
thanks guys 4 having my back =)

but its clear this guy does not understand me losing my controller changed everything

so yea just dont say anything anymore

i have to just try and win every tourney im at from now on

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sooo kawaii ^-^;;

you guys are so on-topic it's making my head explode

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
=P you have to tell us why
basically sheik has a much easier time vs samus. her needles destroy samus's recovery and projectiles, and the broken range of her ftilt can get around CCing. She can do alot to samus off a downthrow as well. sheik can kill samus vertically with upair, which is a huge bonus because samus is so hard to kill horizontally. just dont spam dash attack or samus will CC it...

marth is very good against samus, just not as good as sheik. marth must play much more patiently and look for openings, unless he spaces his fair perfectly. samus can be very hard for marth to kill once she gets to higher %s(a problem marth has in many matchups), save for a lucky sweet spotted uptilt. marth also depends on gimps for alot of kills, and you can't gimp samus unless that samus is terrible rofl.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Marth doesn't depend on gimps for a lot of his kills...they're a huge bonus off fastfallers (mainly spacies), but most games, you can get through without a single gimp and do just as well. Marth has other ways to kill besides a random dair, you know.

Top Bottom