• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Match-Up Chart (NTSC) [Update 008 - 09.09.28]

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Some stuff i disagree with, but for the most part i understand some reasons why they're set like this. good stuff.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
or we will just stop arguing because this thread has no structure. 85% of the people that post in this thread don't even know what "the top level of play" is.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
and then corrected myself like 5 posts later.

not to mention i barely understood what the highest level meant at the time, and while i can say i understand it better now i know in a month i will understand it even more.

leave this stuff up to the SBR, they are probably working on a new tier list already.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
leave this stuff up to the SBR, they are probably working on a new tier list already.
they don't make match-up charts.
& what kind of tier list is based on tournament placings and then its creators refuse to acknowledge the fact that the entire top tier hasn't been winning national tournaments lately? at least be consistent

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm starting to think that Peach vs Ganon is in Peach favor. I mean I can't win vs Vwins and I got ***** by Armada. Once you are off stage it's pretty much garanteed death, it's stupid lol.
Linguini almost beat Armada in a MM. So I disagree. Given their difference in skill, I think Ganon actually counters Peach because it was close and Armada is clearly better than Linguini.

[/anecdotal evidence]

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah I always thought Peach vs. Ganon was even, both characters can **** eachother. Ganon can outrange and keep her at bay but once she gets in can do alot of damage.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think I should be allowed to use anecdotal evidence too as the basis for everything now.

Sheik loses to Peach 70-30 because when Sheik gets hit off Peach always gets bob-ombs and therefore Sheik can never recover.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
So when Peach gets hit off what I am guessing the stage, she has a bob-omb, which it somehow appears by some glitch or catches one in sudden death, so Sheik runs off the stage chasing after and therefore she cannot recover back to the stage with the overpowered edgeguard that comes with the bob-omb.

Am I rite?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Not with one hand. Although with a foot massage roller and some years of research into reflexology, I might pull something off. Too much effort though.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Can you catch an item while in hitstun?
na, that would be el rapo.

I know that you cant catch m2s shadowballs in his forward throw unless you are on the same team or invincible becuz of the hitstun from the previous shadowballs.

you can catch them while flashing, like when you up B and havent landed yet. or airdodge etc etc

idea

Smash Master
Is it water on the knee?

Actually, I've already gotten two spam infractions from this thread, so...who wins in...kirby-zelda <_<

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Zelda sucks at attacking Kirby's duck because she can't rising jump aerial on it, she can't shield grab it, she can't normal grab it, and she can't do ground moves on it because they're all weak and horrible and Kirby will get better moves if she tries it.

She has to be descending with an aerial or use a move from her ground game to hit him, which makes Kirby awesome.

Kirby sucks at approaching Zelda from the air. He can waddle around really low to the ground pretty effectively, though, which is pretty good. And for once someone actually has a lower overall movement speed than Kirby.

If only Kirby didn't die in 4 hits. And do a whole 10% when he got in on her.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If I were to take mow's word for it, Zelda beats Kirby(as well as every other character up until like, Sheik) but to be honest im with Unknown(who was probably joking) and KK(who wasn't) on this one. Kirby can just CC camp Zelda for **** near ever and she cant do **** about it. Her aerials are so stupidly easy to see coming that you should never ever be letting yourself get hit by them. Kirby can also just Bair her forever and she can't really do much about it(Except powershield with that ******** easy PS she has) Also, zelda cant do anything if she's above Kirby. Except use Down B. She should always use Down B.

Skler

Smash Master
Hearing that discussion makes me want to play Kirby vs Zelda.

Nothing sounds like more fun than crouching in front of Zelda and doing dtilts/ftilts/whatever other attacks Kirby has.

unknown522

Some guy
If I were to take mow's word for it, Zelda beats Kirby(as well as every other character up until like, Sheik) but to be honest im with Unknown(who was probably joking) and KK(who wasn't) on this one. Kirby can just CC camp Zelda for **** near ever and she cant do **** about it. Her aerials are so stupidly easy to see coming that you should never ever be letting yourself get hit by them. Kirby can also just Bair her forever and she can't really do much about it(Except powershield with that ******** easy PS she has) Also, zelda cant do anything if she's above Kirby. Except use Down B. She should always use Down B.
I think it's even. Maybe 55-45 for kirby.

rhan

Smash Hero
I just looked at that chart.

Young Link goes 40-60 against both Jiggs and Peach????

You play against both characters the same way. It's just that Jiggs has a slight advantage over Young Link. Peach gets wrecked by Young Link.

Peach play: Camp projectiles and she can't even get close. She can even counter by using Turnips against you because either she's too slow on pulling them out before she gets hit or the projectiles stop them in their tracks. If the Peach starts to get close you just Nair her in the face and run away and camp more. Then if you feel pleased with her damage you just finish with a Uair or a bomb to Dair.

My final ruling: Peach goes at best, 45-55 against Young Link. At least, she goes 40-60.

Jigg play: It's about the same except that Jiggs is a little more confusing to play a against. But Jiggs can counter projectiles back with her aerial priority. And if Young Link makes one mistake then it's that stock. But on the off side if Young Link can get projectile control then it's about as easy as fighting against a Peach. You do basically the same strat against Both characters.

My final ruling: Jiggs goes at best, 55-45 against Young Link. At worse, it's 50-50.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord

Peach gets wrecked by Young Link.
My final ruling: Peach goes at best, 45-55 against Young Link. At least, she goes 40-60.
My final ruling: Jiggs goes at best, 55-45 against Young Link. At worse, it's 50-50.
You are underestimating Peach's ability to get through projectiles and overestimating YL in general.
Young Link camps projectiles and uses nair?! Metagame Level-up!
:laugh: exactly

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I thought it was pretty well known that peach was YL's best high tier match-up and that it was either even or he had a slight advantage

Top Bottom