• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frolk

Smash Rookie
How do I get that awesome hud???? I don't think I can look at my hud the same way anymore

Obskore

Smash Ace
i'm using a bunch of these SFX mods, (all but Luigi and Fox) but what i honestly don't like, is the "magic" and "burn" sfx, like Ness' Bair, Zelda's sweetspoted kicks or Marth's tippers. everything else (so far) is pretty good, like the crowd ambience :D

i happened to know that Falco Kirby's blaster sounds a bit desynced or something

also Mewtwo's rolls and dodges make melee's sword swing sfx

why don't you include Melee Menu sfx to the pack?
and...are you going to "Melee-fy" newcomer characters soundsets? :3
i have suggestions of sounds for them (well not really, just Snake, but others can be worked)

Rage83

Smash Ace
Wolf would theoretically be pretty straightforward to do, because he uses plenty of the same basic SFX as Falco and Fox.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
i'm using a bunch of these SFX mods, (all but Luigi and Fox) but what i honestly don't like, is the "magic" and "burn" sfx, like Ness' Bair, Zelda's sweetspoted kicks or Marth's tippers. everything else (so far) is pretty good, like the crowd ambience :D

i happened to know that Falco Kirby's blaster sounds a bit desynced or something

also Mewtwo's rolls and dodges make melee's sword swing sfx

why don't you include Melee Menu sfx to the pack?
and...are you going to "Melee-fy" newcomer characters soundsets? :3
i have suggestions of sounds for them (well not really, just Snake, but others can be worked)
Wull... the fiery hits are the same as in Melee. And yes, the Magic hits have been reverted to Brawls until I get to a point where I can figure out and modify all the hit sfx for above mentioned characters, and others as well who have incorrect hit sfx (like Lucas' strong hits had the same problem as Ness')

I also know about Kirby (his Lucas Freeze also makes wrong sound as well) and Mewtwo (Roy has sword swing for dodge rolls and dash as well) and of course plan to fix them. Gonna get all the redones haha.

Menu sfx are not a top priority at the moment. The fighting is where it's at! Haha. So I plan to pretty much perfect that first... even though it wouldn't take too much time to just do the Menu sounds.

And yes, I've already had a sort of pseudo-poll for doodz like Ike and Metaknight. Overall consensus I think is just to give them Melee Sword swing sfx, and I've wanted to mess with Lucas as well.
Wolf would theoretically be pretty straightforward to do, because he uses plenty of the same basic SFX as Falco and Fox.
And yes even Wolf. Already know what Melee sound I'd use for his blaster haha. (Can you guess what it is?)

Was also thinking about giving Zamus, Melee Sword Swing sfx over her whippy attacks... but having trouble deciding if I'd keep the whippy sounds as well or get rid of them.
Pit would get Melee sword swings of course, Wario... I actually have no idea what I'd change for him. And I haven't actually thought of much for Snake so lay the ideas on me!

Rage83

Smash Ace
For ZSS, i'd suggest trying out Melee Samus' Grapple Beam sounds for her pistol whip. As for Snake, well, just use whatever fits his attacks.(not helpful, I know.) Wario could use a really strong(Like Home-Run Bat strong!) sounding effect for his Shoulder Bash.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I noted that Samus cannon hitbox (not the explosion) makes the "bump" sound instead of the "whack" sound it did in melee, not that big problem though since with Samus' new f-smash almost always hits with the explosion, but it will be great if you change it.

D

Deleted member

The first page keeps crashing, you should put the videos as links or put them in spoiler boxes. (or are they already like that and Chrome's being an idiot?)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
For ZSS, i'd suggest trying out Melee Samus' Grapple Beam sounds for her pistol whip. As for Snake, well, just use whatever fits his attacks.(not helpful, I know.) Wario could use a really strong(Like Home-Run Bat strong!) sounding effect for his Shoulder Bash.
THAT is a delicious idea.

I noted that Samus cannon hitbox (not the explosion) makes the "bump" sound instead of the "whack" sound it did in melee, not that big problem though since with Samus' new f-smash almost always hits with the explosion, but it will be great if you change it.
Da.

The first page keeps crashing, you should put the videos as links or put them in spoiler boxes. (or are they already like that and Chrome's being an idiot?)
(They're already like that and Chrome's being an idiot.) Lol it's loading fine for me.

Rage83

Smash Ace
It came to me...After I grabbed Fox off-monitor... :D
For R.O.B., he's covered between Samus and the spacies, I think.
EDIT: Stupid question, but, are ya gonna cover the rest of the Melee vets too?

D

Deleted member

Just wondering, how do you install this? If an installation guide is on the first page, I can't look at it, because of the whole Chrome crash fiasco.

Last edited by a moderator:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
The instructions on the first page are outdated now anyway.

The .sawnd file goes in the sfx folder and the FitMeleeXX.pac file needs to be renamed to FitXX.pac and replace the one in that character's fighter folder.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Just wondering, how do you install this? If an installation guide is on the first page, I can't look at it, because of the whole Chrome crash fiasco.
The instructions on the first page are outdated now anyway.

The .sawnd file goes in the sfx folder and the FitMeleeXX.pac file needs to be renamed to FitXX.pac and replace the one in that character's fighter folder.
Ya. There should also be a folder in each download named 'projectm.' You can just copy that folder onto the root of your SD card and it'll do all that for you. Unless you're on a mac... I reeeeeaally need to update dat OP haha

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Can I get the sfx files that's just Roy and Mewtwo? I would redownload the game for them but internet caps and stuff :(

I would also like to request the Young Link sounds in the Toon Link slot if that's ok and hasn't been done already?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Can I get the sfx files that's just Roy and Mewtwo? I would redownload the game for them but internet caps and stuff :(

I would also like to request the Young Link sounds in the Toon Link slot if that's ok and hasn't been done already?
Just take the 323 and 325.sawndz from your SD Card.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Just take the 323 and 325.sawndz from your SD Card.
That's what I would do, but that's part of the problem. They aren't the original Mewtwo and Roy files for some reason and I just want those back so I can fix whatever happened. I don't know where I found it, but there was some other page with instructions on how to install Melee sfx. The directions were really simple, but those files were replaced and it's just causing problems right now. Like, when Roy begins his dash startup animation, it makes a sound as if he's swinging a Fair and it's kind of annoying. Roy is the only one that does that though I think, so dash dancing is really awkward right now. Also, the announcer voices for Mewtwo and Roy doesn't make any sound. The announcer just remains silent when you pick them (probably has something seperate to do with Melee announcer for Melee vets). I don't know what particular issues Mewtwo has yet because I haven't played with him since that day, but I know that file was replaced so it probably did something that needs fixing.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
That's what I would do, but that's part of the problem. They aren't the original Mewtwo and Roy files for some reason and I just want those back so I can fix whatever happened. I don't know where I found it, but there was some other page with instructions on how to install Melee sfx. The directions were really simple, but those files were replaced and it's just causing problems right now. Like, when Roy begins his dash startup animation, it makes a sound as if he's swinging a Fair and it's kind of annoying. Roy is the only one that does that though I think, so dash dancing is really awkward right now. Also, the announcer voices for Mewtwo and Roy doesn't make any sound. The announcer just remains silent when you pick them (probably has something seperate to do with Melee announcer for Melee vets). I don't know what particular issues Mewtwo has yet because I haven't played with him since that day, but I know that file was replaced so it probably did something that needs fixing.
Ooooooooh these are compatibility issues with my Melee SFX that I will fix soon. You still have the original Roy and Mewtwo SFX if you haven't downloaded any other SFX mods for them. For whatever reason the PMBR used sword swing FX for their dodges and dashes... It is quite annoying. If you don't wanna use the SFX mods until it's fixed, I completely understand haha.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So, as of 3.01 being released yesterday, Captain Falcon, Falco, Ganondorf and Giga Bowser are no longer fully compatible. I'll work on updating them as soon as I can... and I'll have to restart Zelda AGAIN lol. Everyone else in the OP has been updated to show that they are already 3.01 ready. So uuuuuse them if you wanna.

Edit:
Could the files also apply to 3.01?
Whoa... Not sure how you beat me... but... ^ that thing above that I said.

Edit2: I might also end up having to update Mario again... Not sure if his .pac file was changed or only his costumes. Someone from PMBR... Halp!

NWRL

Smash Ace
Yeah I noticed that Falcon and Ganon's DDs don't make sound and the knee has no sound effects. :(

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah I noticed that Falcon and Ganon's DDs don't make sound and the knee has no sound effects. :(
Ya I'll have to update them. Turns out I'm also gonna have to update Mario as well. So if you're using him... STAWP! lol

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
From the looks of things, FitMario.pac was indeed chan--

EDIT: *Ninja'd*

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So, as of 3.01 being released yesterday, Captain Falcon, Falco, Ganondorf and Giga Bowser are no longer fully compatible. I'll work on updating them as soon as I can... and I'll have to restart Zelda AGAIN lol. Everyone else in the OP has been updated to show that they are already 3.01 ready. So uuuuuse them if you wanna.

Edit:

Whoa... Not sure how you beat me... but... ^ that thing above that I said.

Edit2: I might also end up having to update Mario again... Not sure if his .pac file was changed or only his costumes. Someone from PMBR... Halp!
Aww naww i'm still waiting for Samus!!.................... nah, just do your job :p.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
With this post I compel you with my magic voodoo to strengthen in spirit and divine

WHO-HA-PADINGA-PA!
WOO-OOH...KOLOO LIMMMMPAH!
I guess that's what a little support magic can do. All the mods are updated for 3.01 right meow.
Doesn't say so on BrawlVault yet (working on that), but they are updated. Lemme know if there are any issues that I mayhaps have missed.
Also... I THINK I got Giga Bowser's sounds fixed... Mebe. Well not the taunt issue... or the flame breath... but the other ones with the entry and win quotes. Haven't tested... Partially lazy / trying to do one more thing for you all before I go to bed.

(Also... there are one or two treats added into the Melee SFX. You'll know as soon as you press a button)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Wholly smokes man, you updated those super-quick. Didn't really want to download the new PM update until the sfx were done, so great to see them up and running. Thank you! :)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wholly smokes man, you updated those super-quick. Didn't really want to download the new PM update until the sfx were done, so great to see them up and running. Thank you! :)
Heehee well I only had to update five characters as opposed to ALL of them. Quite a decrease in workload haha

Obskore

Smash Ace
thanks for the quick update Mr. icon head, just got them to test later
i'd like to help with the Melee-fied version of the Brawl newcomers, but then the first step to start would be: how to keep everything organized

i had an idea, maybe complicated, but to use gifs of the animations as references and see what frames of them will play the desired sounds
it can still be discussed tho

Top Bottom