• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steelia

Smash Champion
Working just fine on my end, too. Used the Link PAC and SAWND files found in the "pf" -> "link" and "sfx" folders as opposed to the ones in the root.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
@ Cereal Bawks Cereal Bawks Did you also use one of the FitLink.pac files? If you did, is the .pac file renamed correctly? Because you need one of the FitLink.pac files that are included in the download in order for Melee Link (and any other Melee SFX mods) to work properly.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
This won't cause any ds on wifi right?
This has been answered before, but it will cause desyncs due to the moveset files being altered.
Ya all the links on BV have been updated to show that they might cause desync issues (the little wifi symbol is red instead of green) unless all online doods have the same sfx files. Just point your friends to this thread and MAKE them use these sounds lol. If they're Melee fans... there's no way they won't like them.

@ Cereal Bawks Cereal Bawks Did you also use one of the FitLink.pac files? If you did, is the .pac file renamed correctly? Because you need one of the FitLink.pac files that are included in the download in order for Melee Link (and any other Melee SFX mods) to work properly.
YOU CAN TAG PEOPLE IN POSTS NOW!?

Edit: Also an update. For some reason... I went full mesquite smoked ham this weekend and got Sheilda already half-way done again. All that's left is to finish editing their .pac files and the crossdressing princess will be ready for release! The most difficult part was getting the .sawnd file down to a size that I was sure wouldn't cause any freezes.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Stuff like this is why we love you. XD

Also yes, you can tag people now! Just type out an @ and put a username after it, without any spaces. (Ex. @ Amazerommu Amazerommu )
Wull shucks that's easy... @ Handy Man Handy Man ... whoa! It even shows their name pop up all Facebook style! Also easy...

I'm gonna try to tear it up throughout the week with the 4 or so hours of free time that I have to get Sheilda done by the end of the week. Wish me luck doodz! After that, Samus, then fixing Roy and Mewtwo compatibility thingies... and giving them some upgrades mebe. (most likely)

mikebreezy

Smash Rookie
Can somebody be kind enough to reupload the smashbros_sound.brsar that Project M uses please? Thanks soo much!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Can somebody be kind enough to reupload the smashbros_sound.brsar that Project M uses please? Thanks soo much!
Project M doesn't use a brsar though, it loads SAWND files from the SD Card now. Uses some kind of special code, or something. No idea if injecting those files into a brsar would work.

Side note, be prepared, 3.02 is right around the corner.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Apparently, 3.02 changed up Falco slightly, but the other characters that have Melee SFX are unchanged.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Project M doesn't use a brsar though, it loads SAWND files from the SD Card now. Uses some kind of special code, or something. No idea if injecting those files into a brsar would work.

Side note, be prepared, 3.02 is right around the corner.
Apparently, 3.02 changed up Falco slightly, but the other characters that have Melee SFX are unchanged.
What... is... this...?! lol

Hmmm actually if literally all they changed was the location of the shiny thingies for his forward smash... I could find that in the .pac file and just translate it over... Would be much less work. I'll look into this in a few hours.

NWRL

Smash Ace
I downloaded the files and installed them into the directories properly, I wasn't sure to add both the .sawnd and .gcts for ganondorf and falcon but I have no sounds when I jump, and when I dash it makes this weird wind sound rather the dash dance from the video.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I downloaded the files and installed them into the directories properly, I wasn't sure to add both the .sawnd and .gcts for ganondorf and falcon but I have no sounds when I jump, and when I dash it makes this weird wind sound rather the dash dance from the video.
Did you install the Melee SFX files as well? You need that download in addition to the characters for everything to work properly. 7.sawnd is all you need from that. Also don't forget to copy/rename the FitMeleeDood.pac to FitDood.pac in their 'fighter\dood' folders. That is a requirement for the correct sounds to play for each dood. You can also (if you're using Windows) just copy the 'projectm' folder in each download into the root of your SD card and it'll do everything for you.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Did you install the Melee SFX files as well? You need that download in addition to the characters for everything to work properly. 7.sawnd is all you need from that. Also don't forget to copy/rename the FitMeleeDood.pac to FitDood.pac in their 'fighter\dood' folders. That is a requirement for the correct sounds to play for each dood. You can also (if you're using Windows) just copy the 'projectm' folder in each download into the root of your SD card and it'll do everything for you.
Yeah I actually went and downloaded the full Melee SFX pack and it's still making the noise. I dunno if that's intentional but in the Captain Falcon video he still has the Brawl dash sound and with this he's got some weird windy sound, it doesn't sound right at all. Everything else works though

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah I actually went and downloaded the full Melee SFX pack and it's still making the noise. I dunno if that's intentional but in the Captain Falcon video he still has the Brawl dash sound and with this he's got some weird windy sound, it doesn't sound right at all. Everything else works though
Ooooooooooooh that's an error on my part. That video is of the earliest version of C. Falcon. He was the second dood I released lol. After that I started updating everybody to use the Melee dash/dodge roll/side step sounds. Or I may have done a few others before updating them that way. Check the rest of the cast. They all have the same dash sounds and such, as it is in Melee. This also allows me to add space to each character for... various future-ish reasons...

Edit: Also I keep forgetting to tone down those sounds. In Melee they aren't nearly as audible as they are in P:M now. If I remember the next time I update the Melee SFX... that would be swell wouldn't it? Or would it?

NWRL

Smash Ace
Ooooooooooooh that's an error on my part. That video is of the earliest version of C. Falcon. He was the second dood I released lol. After that I started updating everybody to use the Melee dash/dodge roll/side step sounds. Or I may have done a few others before updating them that way. Check the rest of the cast. They all have the same dash sounds and such, as it is in Melee. This also allows me to add space to each character for... various future-ish reasons...

Edit: Also I keep forgetting to tone down those sounds. In Melee they aren't nearly as audible as they are in P:M now. If I remember the next time I update the Melee SFX... that would be swell wouldn't it? Or would it?
Ahh okay that makes sense. And yeah it's a little awkward sounding.

But great job with the mod dude, Falcon feels so much better with the melee SFX.

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I'm gonna try to tear it up throughout the week with the 4 or so hours of free time that I have to get Sheilda done by the end of the week. Wish me luck doodz! After that, Samus, then fixing Roy and Mewtwo compatibility thingies... and giving them some upgrades mebe. (most likely)
...speaking of, would you be willing to share the file location of P:Ms stock mewtwo announcer call?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't know what it is, but some of the Melee general sound effects (Not the character specific ones I mean) feel so...quiet.

Stuff like slashing sounds fine, but things like tilts and some dash attacks sound quiet.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I don't know what it is, but some of the Melee general sound effects (Not the character specific ones I mean) feel so...quiet.

Stuff like slashing sounds fine, but things like tilts and some dash attacks sound quiet.
Your music is too loud! lol jk. I miiiight boost them a bit more. If I did that I'd have to redo everybody's thingies though... Maximum time consumage.. They sound fine to me though... It could be that you're used to hearing the bunch of crappy fluff that accompanies Brawl sfx... I hate it so much lol

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go ahead and schedule myself a release date for Shelda and also updated Falco. And I also have a request with this release date... Well... I'm not sure I can call it a request... something like that... But, here goes:

This only applies to Sheilda... but... I wanna see her in the "Most Popular Hacks" section on BV... just for one day haha. The cross-dressing princess will be available either tomorrow night or Friday morning (like early 2am-3am-ish).

If you all can spread this thing out for me, that would make it almost a small possibility of happenings and such. If I see it there... I may give you all something somewhat awesome waaaaay ahead of schedule but not perfectly awesome because of reasons and such...

P.S.: Don't cheat or I'll know lol :rotfl:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I just got a malware warning for this specific page. Should I be worried
I'd say you don't have to worry. I didn't do anything... And I'm fairly certain nothing has changed with Smashboards lol.

Edit: almost missed this again!
...speaking of, would you be willing to share the file location of P:Ms stock mewtwo announcer call?
This is located in the 223.sawnd file I believe. I'd have to check when I get home to make sure though. I believe it's CharaCall in Super Sawndz

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I'd say you don't have to worry. I didn't do anything... And I'm fairly certain nothing has changed with Smashboards lol.

Edit: almost missed this again!

This is located in the 223.sawnd file I believe. I'd have to check when I get home to make sure though. I believe it's CharaCall in Super Sawndz
Thanks!

Top Bottom