• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Menu Color Hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
I haven't really seen anyone talking about how to menu hack, I've seen a couple but none actually released or talked about.

I have figured out the Main Menu colors & files (through BrawlBox of course), but I'm having some trouble locating the background of the CSS.

So far I have done these. Each of them fading into another color from different parts of the Menu.
Now I don't really have good equipment to make a video or a good camera so I used my phone but it's clear enough.

I would post a guide just for the location of the files & which one's show what.
But mainly I just need to contact someone who knows where the files are for the CSS background because I've only been able to edit the upper & bottom panels along with the back & stock icons.

So if anyone knows any info on the CSS colors, or has changed the CSS background please get back to me.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Ooh, those are both very nice c:

If you ever get this figured out, I'd love too see one like the first one (red) only with black where the red is, dark grey where the black is, and light grey where the grey currently is.

Good luck with this, and I hope you find good help for it!

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
That's actually really cool. A change from the eye-killing brightness is a change I approve of.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Dantarion had done this awhile ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnf8gQtgQN0

He would likely be able to answer any questions you have on this I assume.
I've already asked him about it but never got a reply. I don't mind though, I eventually figured it out for myself. I remade the red menus shown in his video within about 20 seconds.... It was the same quality (Used solid colours) but nether the less it was a red menu.

EDIT: ZeroSlash, would you be able to send me your menu pac? I'm making a pure red Brawl menu, but can't be bothered figuring out a good background colour combination +I Like the way yours looks :)

You'll be given credit of course

EDIT2: Don't you just love the way BrawlBox works..... I made the solo icon the correct red colours, and then once I loaded up brawl, it was a blue button, with a yellow icon, and when you select it, cyan background with a hot pink icon.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
Truth is this menu isn't quite ready yet, unless you guys want it like this. It currently opens up after title screen as blue & just goes to Group & turns red, anywhere else it currently goes back to normal menu color. But between Group & Main it goes from blue to red but stays at red for now, even if you go back to main. (I know the proper fixes but I just want to get a good color scheme on both the main menu & the CSS & then I'll apply all finishing touches.)

Also thanks a bunch for all you guys leaving feedback, but I know that if it's anyone that seriously hacks brawl that can help me it's probably Dantarion. I know that he hacks alot of the Brawl main components rather than mostly gameplay or textures. Chances are he's prabably already working on the CSS. (I hope)

Still I'll continue snooping around the CSS, so far I think I can edit every single thing in the CSS with the exception of the background. But I haven't looked through ALL the files.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
VERY nice work! I'm looking forward to your completed menu themes. *coughmeleemenupleasecough*

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
May I ask how you changed the menu colors (be specific please)?
Thank you.
Using the newest BB, edit the CLR0 file located here:
mu_menumain_en.pac-->Miscdata[3]-->AnmClr(NW4R)-->CLR0 files. When you expand them, they have colors inside of them.

Look further below for specifications.

mu_menumain_en.pac can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2jzmwev2myt

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Now we just need to figure out the background in the CSS/SSS menu.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
^ Yeah I pretty much wanted to see if anyone here knows how or is also experimenting recoloring (what it seems like) random files on the selcharacter.pac.

Also aside for what SqLeon listed, I made a couple of notes while coloring.

ABG000 = The alternate color of the middle background (what color it fades into from ABG001)
ABG001 = Main color of the middle part of background
lambert 32 = Top & bottom panels
lambert 34 = Main part of the outline (around the top & bottom title panels)
lambert 35 = Alternate small part of the outline (connects to lambert 34 directly)
lambert 37 = Main spinning circle in the middle
lambert 30 = The thin circle line around the main middle circle (lambert 37)
lambert 30_1 = Small crescents on the side of the connected circles (rayerd)
rayerd = the circles that follow the spinning circle

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
It appears as though the CSS background cannot be edited from what I have looked at. There is only one .clr0 file that I think could possibly go with it, and I think it's the little yellowish ring in the middle. Other than that, nothing. I tried changing individual textures too, but that didn't help either. I also found that if your looking for something, previewing the model can be helpful. The name of the model of the CSS background is Men_Selchr_Bg_TopN for those who think they can figure something out.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I really do like the color scheme u chose. I would love it as is even if it isnt finished. I'd be grateful if u post a link soon : ). And yes, CSS Color should be a must.

Btw, Does anyone kno if the color can shift on its own, like in one part of the menu its red and without touching the game it'll change to blue and such?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I don't think it is, it's usually a static color unless there's somewhere in the game that has it alternating.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Wow how did you do it?

Those files aren't one big mass. They're like a bunch of different shapes. That's very impressive stuff.

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
Well I have made some progress with the CSS background, although it isn't much. All I have been able to do is change textures since THERE ARE NO .clr0 files in the sc_selcharacter.pac file that go with it. I would be totally satisfied with the changes I made, since they look BEAUTIFUL in BrawlBox, but in-game the changes are miniscule. I have been able to change everything on the menu background except for the actual white background. The little rotating square things are changed, everything except for that stupid background. And it looks like everything is transparent too. RAGE.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I've made a "texture hack" of the Backgound Menu
So I extracted the Mdlo background of a custom Stage (STGEDIT.pac)
I extracted the texture background
In mu_menumain.pac , Misc 3 , remplace MenMainBg_TopN by the new model
and add a the new texture (it must have his orginal name)
So change the texture like you want to make custom background

Look at this =D

So beautiful
But I don't know why,this does't work with the f**king CSS
If someone could fix that,it will be awesome =)

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a million supermasterhand.

I made my own one but the texture got completely fuddled. I ended up choosing a dark symmetrical background and it now mirrors itself so it looks really cool. It'd be better though if you found an optimum resolution so it'll fit perfectly on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom