• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight - Behind the Mask

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
this is how he looks without his mask:

he looks like kirby with yellow eyes, mouth and cheeks ;)

btw. great thread :) it really cleared things up.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Just so you know, Meta Knight actually has arms and legs. If you notice his brawl pics, his arm clearly shows a base, and not some Kirby circle.

So they arent the same.
Meta Knight has arms/feet like Kirby. He's been shown without his gloves/boots on in-game.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
http://kirby.wikia.com said:
Meta Knight often loses his mask post-defeat. He usually, however, keeps his gloves after these fights, but in the obscure Japanese game Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu, he actually does lose these gloves, revealing yet another Kirby-reminiscent feature: flap-like, seemingly handless arms.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Meta-Knight was a villain in Kirby Super Star. I'm pretty sure that "prepare to die" doesn't really mean "I'm going to test your skills".

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I agree, he seemed to play the role of villain in the mini-game "Meta Knight's Revenge". However, the entire game was over-the-top (something I love about it) and simplistic, as well as a lot of spoofs thrown in. I think Meta Knight's role in that game was more along the line of a spoof from those dramatic space combat games.

In other words, Super Star isn't exactly "canon" for the Kirby Universe. Meta Knight was obviously acting out-of-character and we should take it for the spoof it is rather than making up stupid things like "He was probably coerced by an evil entity" or "He was actually playing double agent" or whatever.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I "digitally re-mastered" that picture of Meta Knight and it is now the banner for this thread. Go check it out on the first page!

UltimateLink

Smash Apprentice
Wow thanks for the guide. Together we will make the pro techniques for metaknight!
which brings me to ask this: has anyone made any really good combos for meta? if anyone did and has a video for it, please show me :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
With the way the Nintendo reps were hounding people with cameras, I'm surprised anyone got any footage to begin with, let alone enough to edit together one to show off combos.

I don't remember the combos I was doing. I just remember finding good approaches and launchers and moving into the best attack I could think of.

One thing I should make clear is that Meta Knight could get hits in, but once his opponent got knocked away it was really hard to follow up due to his slow air speed. I found I would have to use two jumps after launching my opponent just to get a U-air, and after that they'd be even farther away.

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
I don't know if I'm going to play Meta but I just want to say that from the videos I've seen MK looks very "poetic". I can't wait until people have a chance to play him thoroughly because I have a feeling MK will have beautiful game play.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
MK all the Way!

I've never seen MK as a villain, more of a mentor or rival. He and Kirby have fought towards common goals on multiple occasions. However, his role in Meta Knight's Revenge (Super Star) certainly seemed a bit "evil", but this is just one instance. Never since has Meta been a bad guy!! Part of the reason though that I like his character so much is all this depth, and seemingly neutral alliances. I agree with t!mmy's most recent post regarding his role in Super Star.
Also, t!mmy, great assessment of Meta Knight!! He's gonna be a great character. True, he doesnt have many kill moves, buy I am beginning to plan how I'll use him, I plan on making him my main!! The great recovery, speed, and multi-hit moves, plus his entire demeanor!!! Plus that jazzy theme song and rockin' victory tune. "Victory...is my destiny" :)

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
yeesh, how many doz i gotta post before i become a smash child?!?!?!

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
after i hit 20 i'll go bother another thread. even though noones even on now.

marioiswaiting

Smash Cadet
ya....it does get annoying but i didnt pay attention that he was banned until a few minutes ago

(disagreement with your sig)
i dont really think they should put lucario in for brawl just because hes new and they usually use characters from older games (maybe later thou)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
please just say spammnig drill rush is a bad idea. got annoying watching peopel spam drill rush at E4All
Spamming anything is a bad idea if your opponent is smart enough to get around it. If not, by all means spam it.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Good Job on it, but could you add what he says as a victory, when he wins a match? we can get all of them when the game is out of course...
I think one of the things he says is, "Victory is my destiny..." (here's the vid, watch it to the end)

When he said it, it was covered up a little by his victory music, but I'm pretty sure that's what he said. Also, his voice is perhaps the most intimidating voice you'll ever hear in the game.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, he says "Victory is my destiny". Meta Knight's voice is well-done, too. It suits him well.

Was it just me, or did he say something when he taunted too? Eternal phoenix Fire, any help here?

Yeah, he says "Victory is my destiny". Meta Knight's voice is well-done, too. It suits him well.

Was it just me, or did he say something when he taunted too? Eternal phoenix Fire, any help here?
I'm not sure. I couldn't hear a thing, not even my own profanity as I was wishing those girls would be cut asunder by god himself.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I know, I couldn't hear anything most of the time, but I thought Meta Knight was saying something when I taunted. I even remember making out most of the sentence, but I forgot it amongst all the fun and excitement of E For All. Ha ha.

Guess we'll just have to wait until February to play the game sans screaming Booth Babes.

Top Bottom