• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight - Behind the Mask

I know, I couldn't hear anything most of the time, but I thought Meta Knight was saying something when I taunted. I even remember making out most of the sentence, but I forgot it amongst all the fun and excitement of E For All. Ha ha.

Guess we'll just have to wait until February to play the game sans screaming Booth Babes.

LOL YES!!!

But as it stands right now, in terms of won Meta Knight ditto matches:

Me-2

You-1

Let's see if that changes in the long run. ; )

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
I really liked the one named Alex. She was hot and played the Gameboy Kirby games. :love:
Lol you and your kirby >_>

I liked the one that was in gimpy's vid, but only cuz she wasn't constantly screaming in my ear.

I was too worried about smash to talk to boothbabes :laugh:

that, and i have a girlfriend anyway...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I asked this a few times but all you E4As are here so

Does MK have different swings with the last stroke of his Fair or are they different moves. And what's with his Uair? Can he do a single stroke or does it always do 2 in a row?
His F-air is always the same; no "different" swing with the last stroke. He can do a single U-air. It's like Kirby's u-air, but much faster, weaker, and with a vertical trajectory instead of a horizontal one.

M.K

Level 55
Meta-Knight sounds awesome! I usually don't like characters with swords, or with little KO'ing moves, but Meta-Knight just sounds terrific. I've one question though, what exactly IS Kirby's new UTilt? How does it look compared to M-K's?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I think it needs to be pointed out that Meta Knight is actually more like Jigglypuff than any other character. He's definitely heavier than jiggs and has slightly less aerial mobility but as far as his air game its very similar. I have no doubt that MK will have a WoP play style in brawl(as most of the more skilled players quickly adopted this style in the demo) He definitely has around the same amount of aerial priority as Jiggs and hiss attacks have roughly the same knock back. One thing MK has over Jiggs is his recovery which, IMHO, is much, MUCH better than Jiggs. As long as he has at least one jump left he's almost guaranteed to make it back to the ledge. Now if only he had an instant kill move like Jiggs' rest >_>

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Thanks T!mmy! Too bad you can't make a kirby guide because they didn't include him in the demo. In the TV series called Hoshi no Kaabii, kirby and meta knight are like the last two of their species so meta knight has to kind of baby sit, teach, and protect kirby.

espio87

Smash Ace
Meta Knight without his mask is freakin cute. I hope we see him like that in Brawl. :D
I think it would be weird to hear him saying "Victory is my destiny" without his mask. I mean, he looks cute but then he has this awesome and cool voice and it would seem quite out of place, don't you think?

Nice guide t!mmy, but you didn't mention something: is he light, medium or heavyweight? naturally I would think he is lightweight but the videos make him look like a mediumweight sometimes.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's hard to gauge how heavy everyone was, which is why I didn't state his weight in the guide. The knockback and DI in Brawl was tweaked so that everyone seemed to be harder to KO. Also, none of use were as experienced as in Melee in going for kills.

I would estimate that Meta Knight will be on the lighter side of the character roster, but keep in mind that "Light Weight" in Brawl is nothing like "Light Weight" in Melee.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
This guide is awsome, can't wait for Metaknight :D. I didnt know he was a blue kirby O.o. *I wonder* if your blue kirby costume and you suck up meta knight hehe. Also whats meta's best combo move starter T!mmy?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I personally liked to use a grab because everyone at E for All was poor at predicting them. D-throw set the opponent up quite well for a follow-up, but even U-throw seemed likely to combo (no one DI'd it I guess).

Aside from grabbing, I really liked the F-tilt since the third hit would launch my opponent. Dash attack was also useful to use as long as you knew you could catch them when they weren't shielding or crouch canceling (that's when grabs come in handy).

RazeveX

Smash Ace
hey timmy,

something you might want to change:

you wrote (about mk's neutral B):

Another multi-hit Special Attack. The properties beyond it's physical attack are not well known, but it's BELIEVED to have some special protective capabilities such as invincibility frames, or the ABILITY TO NEUTRALIZE PROJECTILES. Such additional uses will be confirmed in the coming months, but until then it is simply known as a series of hitboxes that surround Meta Knight dealing multiple, weak hits and minor knockback.

(i capitalized the bits that need attention).

Some guy in this thread posted this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsvIkex05yQ&feature=related

to show mk's victory music. But somewhere within 0:12 and 0:14 seconds, yoshi (who is using his final smash) shoots a fireball at mk's tornado. The fireball disintegrates upon contact, causing no damage or knockback.

You say that its believed to have this ability, yet it isnt confirmed. I would say that this confirms it; and if you say it doesnt because its a demo, you might as well take down everything you've currently posted, since its all based on a demo.

Just something i think you might want to change.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm REALLY not sure where to put this but...

APPARENTLY they gave Meta-Knight a Pink color

Kirby with Meta-Knights clothing basically...

awesome!!!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
RazeveX said:
somewhere within 0:12 and 0:14 seconds, yoshi (who is using his final smash) shoots a fireball at mk's tornado. The fireball disintegrates upon contact, causing no damage or knockback.

You say that its believed to have this ability, yet it isnt confirmed. I would say that this confirms it; and if you say it doesnt because its a demo, you might as well take down everything you've currently posted, since its all based on a demo.
When I say it's not confirmed I don't mean it is because it is in a demo - obviously that goes without further ado since it is all anyone has had access to. And it definiately is not unconfirmed due to my not having enough evidence of its existence - I heard, saw, and performed it for myself while at E For All.

Why then did I go to the trouble of making an ambiguous statement about its protective capabilities? Because we don't know if Mach Tornado has invincibility frames, special projectile-negating frames, or just a small amount of high-priority "disjointed hitbox" frames.

The reason we don't know this is because you practically have to go into debug/developer mode and look at each frame of animation to see what is happening and confirm what you believe to be taking place. You can see this in SSBM for yourself if you have an AR. The invincibility frames of Bowser's Up Special are different from the protective frames of Peach's Neutral Special, which differs from disjointed hitbox frames (sheik's Needle Storm), yet they could all theoretically neutralize ranged attacks as some sort of "protection".

Since we don't know how it works just yet, I'm *not* confirming it specifically as some sort of anti-projectile ability - though I did mention that as a possible use for it. To tell you the truth, shielding seemed like a more reliable form of protection vs. projectiles. And it felt like, to me, that it falls more in line of 'generic invincibility frames' than anything specifically tied to projectiles.

APPARENTLY they gave Meta-Knight a Pink color

Kirby with Meta-Knights clothing basically...
I know, it's mentioned in the guide. I started using that color on the 2nd day of E4A and calling him 'Meta Kirby'. ;)

RazeveX

Smash Ace
When I say it's not confirmed I don't mean it is because it is in a demo - obviously that goes without further ado since it is all anyone has had access to. And it definiately is not unconfirmed due to my not having enough evidence of its existence - I heard, saw, and performed it for myself while at E For All.

Why then did I go to the trouble of making an ambiguous statement about its protective capabilities? Because we don't know if Mach Tornado has invincibility frames, special projectile-negating frames, or just a small amount of high-priority "disjointed hitbox" frames.

The reason we don't know this is because you practically have to go into debug/developer mode and look at each frame of animation to see what is happening and confirm what you believe to be taking place. You can see this in SSBM for yourself if you have an AR. The invincibility frames of Bowser's Up Special are different from the protective frames of Peach's Neutral Special, which differs from disjointed hitbox frames (sheik's Needle Storm), yet they could all theoretically neutralize ranged attacks as some sort of "protection".

Since we don't know how it works just yet, I'm *not* confirming it specifically as some sort of anti-projectile ability - though I did mention that as a possible use for it. To tell you the truth, shielding seemed like a more reliable form of protection vs. projectiles. And it felt like, to me, that it falls more in line of 'generic invincibility frames' than anything specifically tied to projectiles.

fair enough, makes sense, my bad.

on the topic of metaknight , i made some sigs with metaknight(s). I dont know which one to choose though, so i made a topic asking that question.

You can see the sigs here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135037

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Timmy, could you do me a favour?

Im an aussie and wont get brawl for a while...so when it comes out, could you make a video of all his moves running through them?? I just...cant wait...
Funny you should ask, I was just thinking of this today. I have in my Kirby guide short video clips of each of Kirby's attacks, but they're done in AR to show the hitboxes frame-by-frame. I can't do this for Meta Knight because there's no easy way to get into developer mode as there was in Melee, so I was thinking of just showing a video clip of each of his attacks.

If anyone else has some good things they'd like to see for this guide after Brawl comes out, please let me know. I'd like to do a nice update after the 10th of Feb. ^_^

Top Bottom